What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiger Uppercut.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413824279.498665.jpg

Glad your Fitz clone went well - hopefully the end product will be as tasty.

Patrick - cold steeping is easy - don't sweat it. You'll get all the color and flavor from the grains, but none of the astringency that you don't want in a brown or porter. I might be tempted to try a coffee brown with that base, but that's just me. ;)

Yep, brewed at a buddy's apartment - haven't brewed with him in a year or so. Should have written out a checklist or something. We were doing a PM and ended up forgetting the DME until the beer was almost done cooling. Just added time with a separate boil and cooling. The beer should turn out fine in the end.

Also spent a bunch of extra time cleaning the stuff that hadn't been properly cleaned since our last brew. Chucked all the tubing, etc and will have to replace it (black mold, yum!).

He did provide the Modern Times brews from his recent trip to San Diego though, so those were tasty.

Coffee now...

Dave's vanilla bean RIS. This is perfect.

Sessioning this. :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413827983.376106.jpg

what ya brewing?

Another Session IPA (S-04, Columbus/Mosaic - UK 2-row, carapils and some wheat) as I went through a case of Slightly Stoopid already (made that one with Trappist yeast). Doing an English-style (if that even ****ing exists) today, though.

Also got grain for another DIPA I'll brew either Friday or this weekend.

Just got done insulating my attic. I need no less than 15 beers right about now. Once I get done chugging about a gallon of water. 79* outside is still hot as balls.

Just got done insulating my attic. I need no less than 15 beers right about now. Once I get done chugging about a gallon of water. 79* outside is still hot as balls.

79F? You bastards ever split wood in Houston? I envy you guys that don't have to deal with the cold.

No cold but the extreme heat. I'm not a fan of the cold. I do not own any winter clothes

Don't know what that feels like. I wish.

I'm about to go split some more by hand now that I feel buzzed as hell and more powerful than usual. - 30 mins. left in the boil.

Going to take a water outside with me. Not sure if it'll help.

Before this I was 0-2 in liking Shebeen and now I'm 1-3, but just barely. This is a passable IPA, but something about the hop combo isn't sitting too great with me.

CameraZOOM-20141020164907111.jpg

2014 the year of the salamander. Who knew? Just arrived in Wilmington NC for the next couple of days on business. Ready for a beer.

Back