What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as to not offend Remmy's sensibilities I poured a Buffalo Sweat clone that I found that I bottled this spring from the keg in the back of my beer fridge. Its funny. The other one(s) I shared this spring were nearly flat. This one was far from it. It is almost overcarbed if that is possible. Seems drier and more effervescent too. Does not taste bad, but I taste... copper? Holy Crap, copper taste and the more roasty flavor excepting, I made a Guinness!

Let it be known, I (Dar) am never offended by anything posted here. it's thee mothwr****ing internetS Christi sake my bad

Internet

Having the last Guinness blonde. I almost sent it to fins as a trade extra just to be rid of it but I sent a harder to get crappy beer instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My favorite of the pumpkin offerings...so far!

DSC05914.jpg

Good job!!! A weaker man would have failed but not a homebrewer.

That reminds me of when I was building the playhouses in the backyard. Son was the "safety manager" and kept bringing me beers every 5 minutes. Eventually, there was nothing safe about me and tools interacting. :D
Home and time for another beer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413331117.214981.jpg
Courtesy of DisturbedChemist. Super-fruity, almost candied. A touch low on carb, but overall, excellent beer DC

I use it as a companion to the desktop version. I think it's worth the six bucks or whatever for that purpose.

It's not a replacement for the desktop version though IMO. It does a lot but it doesn't do everything--for instance I don't think you can customize equipment profiles on the app

Competly agree. Also the paid app doesn't do a lot more than the free one, but I wanted to support development of the product.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413331236.249674.jpgfirst pumpkin beer of the season. Smells like pumpkin pie but too much all spice taste and not enough malt for me. At least it's not terribly to sweet like most pumpkin beers.

Saison after the third funeral in a months time.
View attachment 229538

Sorry to hear. Hopefully you've finished paying your dues for a while.

I use it as a companion to the desktop version. I think it's worth the six bucks or whatever for that purpose.

It's not a replacement for the desktop version though IMO. It does a lot but it doesn't do everything--for instance I don't think you can customize equipment profiles on the app

+1. Also I'd say it's worth upgrading your cloud account and keep all your recipes there. I learned that the hard way.

Water now that concert night is over. How much longer until the weekend?

Glad you like it. Still working on bottle carb. Im erring to the side of low right now. If i carb it up greatly it will be a gusher.

That's the only thing hindering my exploration into the wonderful world of Brett. I guess I should just dive in, maybe putting everything in c&c or heavy capped 375's (like 7venth Sun or Crooked Srave) would calm my nerves a bit. Great beer, by the way.

That's the only thing hindering my exploration into the wonderful world of Brett. I guess I should just dive in, maybe putting everything in c&c or heavy capped 375's (like 7venth Sun or Crooked Srave) would calm my nerves a bit. Great beer, by the way.

If the beer has been sitting at stable gravity (near projected FG) for 4-6 weeks, it shouldn't cause bombs.

I added us05 to carb it. First time i didnt add any it did not carb very much. I now do a c&c 375 or 750 for some of my brett/ sours. So far so good. I let them sit a long time to insure they are done fermenting.

Last one of the night

1413336790947.jpg

If the beer has been sitting at stable gravity (near projected FG) for 4-6 weeks, it shouldn't cause bombs.

You sir, have not had a beer from Saint Somewhere, or at least a aged one where the cage breaks and the cork barely misses your head. Those are bottled with Brett though.

I managed to pick up 2 of those on a quick trip over to McHenry, MD at McHenry Beverage. Snatched up the last 2. They also had a couple of the Blue Mountain Barrel House brews I picked up. Only place close to me I can find both of those. I was thinking of letting them age for a while.

I picked up the bottle of bourbon barrel at the brewery when I was in Maine

A sample of my RIS, made from Jamils Czars Revenge recipe. And the partigyle I made with it. It's tasting a bit thin, but I will probably spruce it up with some cocoa nibs, vanilla and maybe cold press coffee. Still came out to about 5%!! The RIS is amazing though. First attempt that will probably do great with about 6 months or longer on it.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413338059.921853.jpg

HB strawberry saison with a fancy garnish. After being kegged for 2 weeks this beer has mellowed and the strawberry has stepped up a little bit.

20141014_191723.jpg

Back