What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a mislabeled imp stout, should be a double oatmeal stout...or just a strong single.

20141005_190158.jpg

Glad you like it. I was really interested in trying it when I set out to score it in a trade but in the meantime I tried a few other infected beers and dumped them all. Figured I should pass that thing on rather than risk dumping such a desired brew. Honestly, your farmhouse is the only bretted or sourish beer I have ever enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Consecration was the sourest beer Ive consumed that I actually enjoyed. Does that make sense? Not sure how else to word that lol.

HB bier de garde. Gave a growler away and keg is kicked. Wanted to share with mattmmille. Must brew soon. So much time sucking.
Anyway, beer...yum.
Tired from myrtle beach bike week but want beer. What to do?!

Awww...guess I shoulda gotten off my a@@ and gotten over there! With the recovering shoulder surgery for SWMBO, kids and general stuff, I've let other stuff get by me. Sorry! But I do have two ciders and a muscadine wine aging, a Scottish Pumpkin Ale in tertiary (taking longer than I thought...still some signs of life after about 3 weeks), and just eked out a porter brew today. Fortnight CEO expressed an interest in trying that when it's ready!

Going to grab a hb diet root beer...these have gotten a little better with some age. Used Truvia...a little aftertaste, but not bad.

DSC05883.jpg

That tells me that shipping it off was the right call!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412562507.820961.jpg

Two hearted accidentally poured on some ice and whiskey. Surprisingly good.

Great Divide, giving the benefit of doubt after a bad ipa experience with them I tried the DPA which is pretty decent. I like English pale ales though possibly more than American pale ales. Possibly. Decent American English pale ale. Boo on the price.

Just cracked this puppy open as a first pumpkin beer I've ever had.

Wow, a lot of pumpkin flavor, almost nothing noting to 9%
I'm sold. Solid beer.

20141005_194323.jpg

Well, I meant to post this here but posted in a different thread, and it seems the delete post function is gone. Anyone else notice it or am I having a MAJOR brain fart?

Bottling bucket dregs of my Winter Warmer earlier. This now. Then going to bed.

20141005_230107[1].jpg

That tells me that shipping it off was the right call!

View attachment 227834

Two hearted accidentally poured on some ice and whiskey. Surprisingly good.

Mixing whiskey into your beer is actually hella tasty. I did it a few times with some Jack Daniels I had left over from a party (I can't stand the taste of jack straight) and it turned out surprisingly nice along with the "Irish" coffees I made to down that crap.:mug:

Water. Just got home from Denver. I don't think I could get any more beer in the car if I tried. Time for a nap and back to real life in a few hours.

Awww...guess I shoulda gotten off my a@@ and gotten over there! With the recovering shoulder surgery for SWMBO, kids and general stuff, I've let other stuff get by me. Sorry! But I do have two ciders and a muscadine wine aging, a Scottish Pumpkin Ale in tertiary (taking longer than I thought...still some signs of life after about 3 weeks), and just eked out a porter brew today. Fortnight CEO expressed an interest in trying that when it's ready!

Going to grab a hb diet root beer...these have gotten a little better with some age. Used Truvia...a little aftertaste, but not bad.

Nah man, this was all me. I kept meaning to bring some by and life got in the way. I have an India Red ale replacing it and I must brew. It's getting fairly ridiculous. :(

Coffee....lots of coffee.

Nah man, this was all me. I kept meaning to bring some by and life got in the way. I have an India Red ale replacing it and I must brew. It's getting fairly ridiculous. :(

I'm inviting myself to the next brew day.

Water for now. Gym in about an hour. No beer today.

Mmm...India Red sounds good! Have you heard about or are you entering something in the American Brewmaster competition in December? Fortnight is hosting and had it on Facebook yesterday. I've never entered anything in competition. I need to look into it. If it can include something already brewed, I may enter the Hi-Nelson w/Hibiscus...and I'm anxious to see how my Scottish Pumpkin Ale turns out.

Coffee this morning.

Pics please!

Water. Gotta watch the kids until FIL gets here, then golfing. Good Monday.

There was more in the backseat in addition to the Trader Joe's haul for my wife and all my buddies stuff. Had a sixer of Rumpkin on the front passenger floor all the way back.

Photos of the haul coming to the trad pics thread later today.

1412611057076.jpg

Fall is finally here!!! 56 this morning.. A great way to return from Denver. This cooler weather is making me want to brew an American Rye Brown Ale Saturday. Anyone ever attempted that?

Drinkin water.

Water. Can't drink beer and interview smart people, unfortunately.

Mmm...India Red sounds good! Have you heard about or are you entering something in the American Brewmaster competition in December? Fortnight is hosting and had it on Facebook yesterday. I've never entered anything in competition. I need to look into it. If it can include something already brewed, I may enter the Hi-Nelson w/Hibiscus...and I'm anxious to see how my Scottish Pumpkin Ale turns out.

Coffee this morning.

Nope. I won 2nd last year and never got my ribbon or anything. I probably won't participate in another competition ran by them.

Soooo..mutton chops?

Naw, full on handlebar
glen.jpg

HB bier de garde. Gave a growler away and keg is kicked. Wanted to share with mattmmille. Must brew soon. So much time sucking.
Anyway, beer...yum.
Tired from myrtle beach bike week but want beer. What to do?!

I thought Myrtle banned bike week entirely.

Finally got through all the back rambling you hooligans have been doing. I really need a beer. Today sucks. Less than an hour. I hope.

Naw, full on handlebar
glen.jpg

I thought Myrtle banned bike week entirely.

Finally got through all the back rambling you hooligans have been doing. I really need a beer. Today sucks. Less than an hour. I hope.

Well it was Harley week but I believe they've allowed it all to happen again.

Back