What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first shot at a Pilsner. Here it is.

ForumRunner_20120531_210829.jpg

I'm drinking something... rather odd. Saké mixed with a pitch black smoked ale:
3aZ80.png

It's not bad... not bad at all... a biiiit light, will fill with more of that pitch black deliciousness as I drink.

slightly drunk... now... this is intoxicating (IT'S HARD TO SPELL!)

WQs0t.jpg

This was way better as a lighter mix. Way too heavy on the peaty malts.

Doppel (helles) bock I kegged the other day... 21P.... honestly, I never took a FG, but I figured after close to 6 months it must be done... delicious... sweet on the palate.. finishes clean with just enough lingering bitterness to keep you drinking... A wee bit of acetaldehyde, I attribute this in part to some temp issues (was lagering in an outside room during cold weather and some IDIOT turned the heat up to about 70 in there! DOH!), but it isn't unusual to have some acetaldehyde in doppelbocks... I think it is a combination of what is normal plus a little boost from the afore mentioned idiot... Basically, it is noticeable, but low enough to be pleasant and appropriate... Super simple malt bill 50/50 pale/Munich 7 for 21P... has body, but is light and balanced enough to drink easily... very easily... TOO easily... as evidnced by my rambling... :mug::tank::drunk:

so i'm back home to dopplebock- 14 rodenbachs, faro (oh lindeman's what have you done?) and haandbryggret haandsback (sp) - maybe a little too hoppy for a sour and definitely way too many vowels in a row. whew - dopplebock eins gute

My all grain IPA. Finally tapped my frist mini keg of home brew! Feels great! Its not a corny but it will due for my Lil apt!

ForumRunner_20120601_182250.jpg

Guiness Draught, and Mustang Golden Ale. The Guiness doesn't disappoint, but the Mustang is just so-so (I probably won't buy it again).

pEE. lOOK IT UP ON bizarr(unusual?) addtictions.Im not, but "she is" just seen it the other night..? wtf? Super wtf?

I work at a liquor store, so earlier today I got to try the new Deschutes/Hair of the Dog Collage. It was pretty good, but I wouldn't have paid $12 a bottle for it. Right now I'm drinking Northwest Pale Ale.

Back