What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to drink these F4s before the much better F5s. Bit of a longer night then originally planed. Ended up with 1.5 gallons more wort, but less OG. Boil for 90min now..

1410400564971.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410400587.224351.jpg

I bought this a month ago, the day I started looking for a new job. So, I opened it today.

Maybe my tastes have changed, but I had this before and was a lot more impressed with it. It's still good, but I'm not blown away. Getting better as it warms.

Here's the Remmy-style shot, albeit without the cat flag:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410401078.165743.jpg

Drink the victory now or wait? Got one sitting in my basement.

I was torn on aging for the Brett, but drink fresh for the hops. I think I got the worst of both worlds, not much hop aroma left, and it's funky, but not crazy funky.

It's a solid beer and will have no problem finishing the bottle, but I think I'd let it sit for awhile.

What you got workin there in the background?

DC's
Texas twang mead.

I was torn on aging for the Brett, but drink fresh for the hops. I think I got the worst of both worlds, not much hop aroma left, and it's funky, but not crazy funky.

It's a solid beer and will have no problem finishing the bottle, but I think I'd let it sit for awhile.

Sounds like I'll age this bottle for a bit to see what the brett does and if I grab another bottle I'll check sooner. Thanks for the input.

Maybe another beer before bed.

Southern prohibition brewing company out of Hattiesburg, ms imperial red ale. A good beer and I dig the artwork!

1410406569322.jpg

Big ole goose egg for those Tigers Ridre. What happened? :D

Zip it Fishboy!!
Nightcappin it with a growler pour of OddSide Ales El Dankerino DIPA. Damn fine brew, The Dude abides. [url]http://beerpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Odd-Side-El-Dankerino-West-Coast-Double-IPA.jpg[/url] /IMG]

[ATTACH=full]223282[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 1410421629334.jpg
    1410421629334.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 63
My OCD won't allow me to half ass delabeling. Plus, I just like the look of a clean bottle.

+1. Besides, I don't want an ugly old label detracting from mine :). What I try to do now so I'm not cleaning cases at a time is rinse bottles out and put them in a bucket. Once it fills I soak and clean. Rotate two buckets this way and it's manageable.

Water. I hope my loaner laptop gets lost - I wouldn't mind getting some work in on my fermentation chamber. :)

Big ole goose egg for those Tigers Ridre. What happened? :D

Won the series, gained a game, and they play another series head to head before it's over. I'm not concerned. Royals really have a loss lingering out there that doesn't show up in the standings yet. Their Labor Day game against the Indians was postponed in the middle of the 10th with the Tribe up by two runs. Three outs away from their record getting hit with another loss.

Drinking water. Need some coffee soon.

Coffee. Just finished emailing someone about another keg, a corker, and a couple carboys. Just need to get the ball lock connects switched back to a pin lock. :)

+1. Besides, I don't want an ugly old label detracting from mine :). What I try to do now so I'm not cleaning cases at a time is rinse bottles out and put them in a bucket. Once it fills I soak and clean. Rotate two buckets this way and it's manageable.

Water. I hope my loaner laptop gets lost - I wouldn't mind getting some work in on my fermentation chamber. :)

That would be the smart thing to do. Here's my method. Brew beer and give no thought to the fact that I'll need bottles a few weeks later. Wait until the day of or day before bottling and realize "crap, I need 50 bottles delabeled!" ;)

Drinking iced tea and wishing it was Friday.

Back