What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With grilled chicken nachos and jalapeños and other peppers from the garden.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409422348.789296.jpg

Just by co-inkie-dink, I was searching "crab apple beer"...because I have about 30 lbs I need to do something with...and Sun King came up. Looks like they do a crab apple wit beer. Ever had it? Opinion?

I just picked another pound of muscadine grapes and I'm cooling off with a Diet Mountain Dew...then going back out to check another "secret" foraging spot.

The crabapple beer is a February release so it is long gone at the brewery. For the record, going to a brewery that gives out free samples when you can't drink is pure torture. I do have a four pack of fist full of hops for home, there is already a growler in the shop fridge..... And.... I finally got a can shaped glass! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409424182.739718.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Watching my beloved Buckeyes struggling with Navy drinking a White Rajah. This is definitely not a top 5 team, definitely not a top 10 team, maybe top 25. This might be a long season.

Which provenance?
And how's the new batch Noble King? The time I had it out there it was cask conditioned and it had a nice fruitiness to it. Really enjoyed it.

Its the orange one that released in
houston. It was pretty tastey. Still sipping on it. I got the 3rd batch with tangerene and clementine i cant wait for. The noble is what i remember it. Nice but subtle hop aroma. It was good. I didnt grab any bottle but there is tomorrow.

Man it looks like you have the whole place to yourself.

I should. Ill raid their cellar and barrel room! Lol it is not that crowded surprisingly. That's good.

Pretty much anything else including, but not limited to, dental work without pain medicine, berry punches and prison beating/rape/shanking > college basketball
;)

Lol. I agree with all but the prison rape scenario. With about 5x as many people watching I would say college football > college basketball by a huge margin.

Went to the Old 690 Brewing Company with my dad for his birthday and had a flight of everything on tap. Cool place.
Their pumpkin beer tasted a bit closer to apple butter (may need more maltiness and body though). The specialty beer was a 'session' IPA

Edit malty not manly.

1409426052354.jpg

Pretty much anything else including, but not limited to, dental work without pain medicine, berry punches and prison beating/rape/shanking > college basketball
;)

Yeah I'm going with

Dental surgery > college basketball > prison rape by a wide margin.

But that's just me. :D

Go Jackrabbits.

Also, I ****ing hate WVU. Hop Bama pummels em.

;)

Yeah I'm going with

Dental surgery > college basketball > prison rape by a wide margin.

But that's just me. :D

It's no surprise when UT and Villanova stay getting smacked. :D

Garnet. Pretty much the best day ever. Stone Cold was on Gameday, we are celebrating my Wife's birthday tonight, grilling some steak kebabs for dinner tonight... The Noles are on tonight and.... My buddy is bringing over Heady Topper for me to taste tonight! Never had it... F yeah!!

1409429283932.jpg

Sweating profusely and downing a Gatorade...a good walk for more muscadines...can only be a good thing! Celebrating NC State pulling one out of their ass in the last 1 min 45 sec of the game!

Pulled together another pound of foraged grapes...not enough for wine, but I got that covered for now. Need to do a little research...a little over two pounds might be enough for jelly. Going to pop my first bottle of Citra Belle Saison in the fridge for later ...been in the bottle 10 or 11 days. Time for a test bottle!

When you break out the smoker, go big or go home.
View attachment 220914

Not too concerned about the jackrabbits, but if the D can't stop them, it will be a long year. :)

And moved on to this:
View attachment 220915

Looks good! Especially the beans.
I have some brats and potatoes I'll be adding in a bit, but there's only so much space on this smoker, but it was free and I'm too cheap to buy a bigger one. ;)

Water all of a sudden I'm sick

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

This and there was water in the cup. The stadium is alcohol free. Is that normal for college stadiums? I had so much fun!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409431629.591001.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409431661.358712.jpg

So, pulled a few bottles for the fridge...felt cool to the touch and I couldn't resist. Opened the Citra Belle Saison. Carbing up nicely, but a little ways to go... and the Citra is really good in the aroma and flavor. Nice little bitter finish. No saison pepper or spice...maybe eventually. Definitely drinkable, but I'm thinking another couple of weeks will put it where it needs to be.

DSC05413.jpg

Back