What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose I can stop complaining that I just got the 14th e-mail from a small group of people who are going back and forth on whether or not to reduce or remove a page boarder from a document template and if we continue to use said border, should we reduce it from the three line (thin, thick, thin) to a single line or utilize the double line where one is thick and the other is thin. And IF so, do we use 1, 2 or 3 PT on the size of the border and which is more effective.

It is difficult to make this **** up.

Ugh. Asthetics argumenters are irritating too. They love to expend all this energy over trivialities to make it look like they get stuff done but go out of their way to avoid dpending that energy on constructive work. When I see those messages I always am tempted to reply to all with a "Really? All of this over something as stupid as the borders?" Thankfully when the smartass in me types one of these out I leave it up for a while to make sure it is a good idea to send or not. Luckily I always choose not.

Why is the gas the pain? or it is the nitro gas that is a pain? I considered nitro and still do but the 2nd tank would have to sit outside my keezer or I give up a keg, I think. I would definitely get what you can when you can and leave nitro as the add-on.

I haven't looked yet but the local homebrew store doesnt do beer gas. Just have to find a place to fill it up and also if they can fill a 5lb tank. I read a review that some places do not fill or exchange a 5lbs tank. I dont think its a pain. I just need to find a good price to buy it.

Ugh. Asthetics argumenters are irritating too. They love to expend all this energy over trivialities to make it look like they get stuff done but go out of their way to avoid dpending that energy on constructive work. When I see those messages I always am tempted to reply to all with a "Really? All of this over something as stupid as the borders?" Thankfully when the smartass in me types one of these out I leave it up for a while to make sure it is a good idea to send or not. Luckily I always choose not.

Yeah, some people just can't focus on what's important.

It could be worse though, you could be in a meeting discussing it. Meetings... Where minutes are taken and hours are wasted.

I'm currently looking to get some perlicks and a nitrogen set up for the near future. Going to start saving and get one. The only pain will probably be the beer gas. I look forward to set up the taps in the wall and get some variety. I have a fried that is going to sell me some ball locks for cheap because he upgraded to a 20bbl system lol

When I do make the full jump to kegging, fortunately gas won't be a concern for me. My next door neighbor (and fellow homebrewer) is an EVP at AirGas and has already said he would hook me up! :D

I haven't looked yet but the local homebrew store doesnt do beer gas. Just have to find a place to fill it up and also if they can fill a 5lb tank. I read a review that some places do not fill or exchange a 5lbs tank. I dont think its a pain. I just need to find a good price to buy it.

I haven't found anyone that fills 5lb tanks either. Around here, most welding supply stores keep a few full ones on hand to swap out for empties.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah, some people just can't focus on what's important.

It could be worse though, you could be in a meeting discussing it. Meetings... Where minutes are taken and hours are wasted.

HAHAHA this is actually the aftermath of 3 meetings. Two were missed by me because I was out sick. :D

Wish you were closer, I got a 20lber just gathering dust

These are the words of a smarter man than I. I always send it.

HB dampfbier after taking my son to work & thawing a turkey in a warm oven for our 38th anniversary today. Got version 2 of the beer in BS2 to brew maybe next week when I can get ingredients.

HAHAHA this is actually the aftermath of 3 meetings. Two were missed by me because I was out sick. :D

One of my bosses has this hanging on her door.

meetingsad.jpg

Can't argue with my boss who doesn't want me to sit in traffic and let's me leave the office early.

Needless to say, the second-half of my day will be a lot better.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409159710.139417.jpg

Also picked-up grain for my next two batches. :D

More Coff.

No beer today. Had too many yesterday.

Can't argue with my boss who doesn't want me to sit in traffic and let's me leave the office early.

Needless to say, the second-half of my day will be a lot better.

View attachment 220369

Also picked-up grain for my next two batches. :D

:drunk: I cannot trust you anymore.

Wish you were closer, I got a 20lber just gathering dust

Wonder how much to ship that bastard?... Is it a nitro tank? We probably can work something out depends on how much. You can probably just slap a label on it and ship it that way.

:drunk: I cannot trust you anymore.

Wonder how much to ship that bastard?... Is it a nitro tank? We probably can work something out depends on how much. You can probably just slap a label on it and ship it that way.

I wouldnt know the difference between nitro and non nitro.

I'll take a pic of it tonight and post it for ya, it does say pepsi on the side if that helps at all.

A bottle bomb in the fridge? That sounds worrisome. Was it infected or just seriously over-carbonated or was fermentation not done?

I like those 3 gallon kegs. Not a bad idea that you have with the fridge and picnic taps. Just have a way to upright the taps when not in use. I used binder clips around the neck of the taps and a command hook on the side of the fridge door to hang the taps. They never got stuck open or accidentally pushed when I was messing around.

Water....to stay on topic.

I think that it was a combination of overcarbonated with old bottles. I examined another bottle and it had spiral cracks in the neck.

Good idea about the safety for the taps. I will monkey around until I figure it out. This is my beer fridge, which SWMBO continuously utilizes to store excess food in (read - I bought it to be the beer fridge, but it is now the overflow fridge). I am not nearly the only person going into it, therefore the door might not be the best place to store it. Considering disconnection of the liquid lines routinely, but that might oxidize the beer in the line.

11 kegs? Nice. When you start something you go big huh?

Actually, that is a combination of the 8 'new' kegs I picked up, plus the three kegs that I already had stuff in (special case stuff for parties). Not to mention the other 4 that are long term storing things that I am aging out.

This is more a shift in 'I refuse to put beer in bottles anymore, and I will "engineer" a solution that might fit that need.'

HB dampfbier after taking my son to work & thawing a turkey in a warm oven for our 38th anniversary today. Got version 2 of the beer in BS2 to brew maybe next week when I can get ingredients.

Congrats!

Water in one of my many, many meetings.

I think that it was a combination of overcarbonated with old bottles. I examined another bottle and it had spiral cracks in the neck.

Good idea about the safety for the taps. I will monkey around until I figure it out. This is my beer fridge, which SWMBO continuously utilizes to store excess food in (read - I bought it to be the beer fridge, but it is now the overflow fridge). I am not nearly the only person going into it, therefore the door might not be the best place to store it. Considering disconnection of the liquid lines routinely, but that might oxidize the beer in the line.
I meant that the taps can hang on the side of the fridge away from the door. If I can find a pic I will but the hope is that lines and taps are away from the door away from possible leakage.
A swig of my Nut Brown.

View attachment 220374
A swing huh? I see the beer found you again. :D

A swing huh? I see the beer found you again. :D

I keep telling it, "I can't quit you!"

I'm pretty sure another few or seven will find me in the next few hours. As a matter of fact, #4 might find me in a few minutes and may walk itself on over to the couch and into my hands. I can't wait.

I meant that the taps can hang on the side of the fridge away from the door. If I can find a pic I will but the hope is that lines and taps are away from the door away from possible leakage.

Okay, I misread that, thought you meant storing the taps on the door of the fridge. That might work. Will want to see if there is a way to prevent the taps from compressing in the first place.

There will not be any gas attached to the kegs while not in use (storing the CO/2 outside the fridge), so there is a limit to the amount of potential loss.

More water.

Okay, I misread that, thought you meant storing the taps on the door of the fridge. That might work. Will want to see if there is a way to prevent the taps from compressing in the first place.

There will not be any gas attached to the kegs while not in use (storing the CO/2 outside the fridge), so there is a limit to the amount of potential loss.

More water.

Now if only someone with plastic forming skills could invent a cap that could slip over your standard cobra/party style tap that would cover the spout and tab to prevent accidental spillage. They would make hundreds of dollars. Maybe even thousands.
Wait, that is a great idea. Someone start marketing this product. Now! Maybe I need to get a 3d printer or something and see what I can design.

You know commercial brewers have got to lurk around on this site, I wonder what goes through there minds when they see videos like that. I bet they want to reach in the screen and rip their beer out of there hands and say no! You can not have my beer anymore!

Wondering if I should ignore the next bottle of beer that opens my fridge, walks over to me, opens itself and pours itself into a cup. Or fire-up the Farm Boss and chunk up some logs.

So happy ballast point as finally made it to Texas. I buy that S*** by the case every time is see it's in stock

Think the first time I had anything Ballast Point was 4-5 years ago. Bombers of Big Eye while fishing with my buddy on the boat. All we drank were Big Eye and Lagunitas. I like Big Eye as much as I like Sculpin. Big Eye is quite easy to find here but Sculpin, on the other hand, is not. Can't go wrong with a sixxer of Big Eye for $12. Most places charge $14-15. (Un)Luckily, I work near a gigantic liquor/beer warehouse.

Wondering if I should ignore the next bottle of beer that opens my fridge, walks over to me, opens itself and pours itself into a cup. Or fire-up the Farm Boss and chunk up some logs.

You know the phrase "beer me" wasn't invented by accident. Heavy machinery wasn't intended to be used empty handed

I'm in Fort Worth and I've been drinking ballast point for a year or more it seems

True but for what ever reason big eye and sculpin only seem to make occasional showings here in H-town. There is always a ballast point on the shelf but never the same thing twice in a row, or at least at the stores near me.

Back