What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a tips for shipping beer sticky somewhere. I bubble wrap as well. Tightly packed in a small box and then put in a bigger box with packing material around it. Small box in a taped shut garbage bag just in case. Worked well for me four times now.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks. I think the small box inside a big box idea is a good one I'll try that and I'll go look for that sticky.

Anyone have any tips/techniques for packing beer for trades? I sent some homebrew to a friend wrapped in bubble wrap and none of the 6 survived the trip.

The one time I did it I used a insulated box (Sheris Berrys that I found) then zig zagged some cardboard to keep the bottles apart and stuffed plastic grocery bags around them to keep anything from moving. Survived from VA to MO. I have seen it shipped with the bubble wrap, bagged, then put in a box full of packing peanuts and survive. The big question is how bad of shape was the outside of the box upon arrival. Anything you can do to cushon th bottles from hitting each other or the outer walls of the box during transit are usually the best idea, even double boxing.

Drinking a Dr Pepper with my BLT lunch. Is this week over yet?

Btw. Anyone have tips on removing carbonic bite from a keg? I was away and somehow the C02 levels increased too much and the beer is a bit over carbed. The bite is pretty unpleasant in the aftertaste.

Anyone have any tips/techniques for packing beer for trades? I sent some homebrew to a friend wrapped in bubble wrap and none of the 6 survived the trip.
Did you just wrap and stick in a box without other padding? Best is padding on all sides, top & bottom, plenty of bubble wrap, and ensure that there is a box that is slightly larger than you need so there's no cramming.

Here is the link to the tutorial Patricia mentioned.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/tutorial-shipping-beer-93042/

Btw. Anyone have tips on removing carbonic bite from a keg? I was away and somehow the C02 levels increased too much and the beer is a bit over carbed. The bite is pretty unpleasant in the aftertaste.

Have you bled the keg a bunch? Supposedly it fades over time. How did the CO2 increase BTW?

Did you just wrap and stick in a box without other padding? Best is padding on all sides, top & bottom, plenty of bubble wrap, and ensure that there is a box that is slightly larger than you need so there's no cramming.

?

Patricia? Ouch.

Patricia? Ouch.

No lol sorry! Honest mistake. I work with a Patricia and I've had to type her name a lot today. It was an unintended but mildly amusing mistake. I am sorry though.

Patrick...I know your user name. ;)
Water..bt dubs.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409069581.218434.jpg

Patricia? Ouch.

No lol sorry! Honest mistake. I work with a Patricia and I've had to type her name a lot today. It was an unintended but mildly amusing mistake. I am sorry though.

Water..bt dubs.

hahahaha! sorry Patrick but that cracked me up.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/tutorial-shipping-beer-93042/

Have you bled the keg a bunch? Supposedly it fades over time. How did the CO2 increase BTW?

I lined all sides of the box with bubble wrap and the bottles with bubble wrap.

Water..bt dubs.

No worries.

Coke.... But still confident that the beer will be particularly tasty tonight.

I lined all sides of the box with bubble wrap and the bottles with bubble wrap.

The keys are to wrap the bottles completely, keep everything packed tightly together (because the box will get tossed around and if the bottles shift and bang into each other it's all over) and keep everything wrapped in watertight containers. Three 12oz bottles wrapped with smaller bubble wrap fit very tightly in a one gallon ziplock bag. The box in a box method is great too - gives you insurance if the outer box gives any.

All that said, sometimes they drive a truck over it or ram it with a forklift and you're screwed.

Having some water after taking a walk on the trail around the office. Ran across these guys!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409071723.696885.jpg

Have you bled the keg a bunch? Supposedly it fades over time. How did the CO2 increase BTW?[/QUOTE]

I try to bleed the keg about every 6 hrs or so. The force it comes out with does seem to be getting weaker.

My tank was getting near empty, and apparently I turned the dial too far. I just couldn't tell and it slowly increased to 12 psi which is pretty high on my system.

Bob Marley was a ****ing genius.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409074300.696235.jpg

And my Tiger Uppercut cascade ipa

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409074316.979929.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409079850.245062.jpg
I love this beer. I just read you can culture the yeast from bottles of Colette which according to the Great Divide is a blend of 4 different yeast.

At least he used protection!

Still at work. Still drinking water.

Haha, sorry, but perfect use of using your words out of context... reminds me of a certain SNL skit.

Directions for packaging beer:
1. Cut a hole in a box
2. Put your junk in that box
3. Close that box.

anigif_original-22636-1408730075-4.gif

I try to bleed the keg about every 6 hrs or so. The force it comes out with does seem to be getting weaker.

My tank was getting near empty, and apparently I turned the dial too far. I just couldn't tell and it slowly increased to 12 psi which is pretty high on my system.[/QUOTE]
Hmm weird. I would just try to keep bleeding it because that is all the info I've got.

Water. Back to the BJCP studying later tonight. At this rate, I may end up ready for that September exam if I end up getting a seat. Hah. But I'll definitely be ready for the one in December where I'll more than likely have a seat.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409085463.393282.jpg

Modus Hoperandi before get ready to fire up the grill on this "beautiful" 97-degree day (heat index of 109).

All the great brews you all get and it is that damned yuengling that makes me jealous. I was right though... Hopkilla is especially good today. A coors would have been good enough. I needed the beer I finally got.

Pitch3d my starter a few hours ago and the kid of the primary is about to blow off. ****. Beast.

I don't need any mother****ing clothes to drink my galaxy ipa. It's my ****ing house.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409094670.899603.jpg

Back