What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drank a sample of my bier de garde. My yeast blew through that OG 1.055 and it hit 1.006. It isn't too dry and tastes like I could drink it all day long. Kegged it up after washing two kegs.

Forgot the Irish moss so it's also hazy.

No pic. Just drank and racked.

Need.

Water. Why? Cause I'm buzzed and want to be able to cut the chicken breast I have for dinner without cutting my finger off. ****.

Pic. #image220000

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409009659.625381.jpg

Cherry wheat at home.
Had a movie parts earlier while making a few casts while waiting to get the co2 tanks and regulators. Looks like I need to exchange a tank and recert the other and work on the two regulators.

1409010088523.jpg

1409010171411.jpg

Christ.

Delaney's is on fire as we speak. Well-known craft beer bar in New Haven. What a shame. ****.

View attachment 220006
Since the bottle reminds me of it, I think I should just leave it in the bag and drink this old school 40 style.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Is that a fatty-bomber? I've never seen Lagunitas in that type of bottle. The bombers I've bought have been the taller kind.

Is that a fatty-bomber? I've never seen Lagunitas in that type of bottle. The bombers I've bought have been the taller kind.

Yes it's a new 32oz bottle. I had flashbacks to drinking 40s of OE in a paper bag back in the day.

Yes it's a new 32oz bottle. I had flashbacks to drinking 40s of OE in a paper bag back in the day.

I'm pretty sure I drank a Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale out of that same bottle-type. Smacked.

Brewery Lane Bayman Porter.

Tried a Fuller's London Porter and really liked it so when this partial extract kit went on sale at my LHBS I picked it up. Can't say I like it as much as the London Porter but it's not bad. I tried it last weekend with a scoop of chocolate ice cream to make a float, that was decent.

I have a batch of BierMuncher's Black Pearl Porter in primary right now.

Happy to send once carbonated. I don't know what it should taste like but I liked it. Tell me where you got the red solo Maine wicked awesome cup.

I'd be glad to drink that.

Red Solo? Um, in Maine. Duh. :rockin:

Christ.

Delaney's is on fire as we speak. Well-known craft beer bar in New Haven. What a shame. ****.

That's a shame. I've been there several times. Decent spot. Just saw an article about the fire and someone wrote a harsh comment about the mayor of the town. Crazy CT people....

That's a shame. I've been there several times. Decent spot. Just saw an article about the fire and someone wrote a harsh comment about the mayor of the town. Crazy CT people....

It's the usual suspects - all of the inner-cities. Waterbury, Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven = garbage. I rarely go to any of those cities and if I do, I am strapped.

I wonder how bad the damage is. It looks bad. Just waiting for the official word to see exactly what's gone. I heard that it started because of an electrical fire.

No pic but my cream stout. Still not a lot of carb at 2 weeks in the bottle.

It's the usual suspects - all of the inner-cities. Waterbury, Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven = garbage. I rarely go to any of those cities and if I do, I am strapped.

I wonder how bad the damage is. It looks bad. Just waiting for the official word to see exactly what's gone. I heard that it started because of an electrical fire.

The owner said he is letting it burn.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/New-Haven-Pub-Catches-Fire-272632031.html

Looks gone. Sad.

Trip was awesome. Many fish were caught, many more were not. A Manhattan after fishing and then decent beer the rest of the night.

I'm not sure if I screwed up on Thai me up or if they changed their hours. I swore it said daily at 2. Now the web sight says daily at 5. Either way, there is always next year.

Got a growler of Pako's and another of Zonker to work thru in the next couple days.

View attachment 219814

Awesome glad to hear the fishing treated you well. Tough to beat fresh Pakos too. I'm headed to Canada at the end of the week and we are taking all the Pakos we can.

Christ.

This one has crazy pics tweeted by the fire department.

When did firefighters start tweeting live shots while working?

http://wtnh.com/2014/08/25/new-haven-pub-catches-fire/

Funny you say that. My buddy is a firefighter in New Canaan and I saw him tweet a video from inside of one of the trucks responding to a call about an hour ago. I said to myself, "WTF?"

Water. Out of ice to chill beer too. Gotta wait till retiree pay day again next Monday. gotta get a small fortune to fix fridge compressor.

Water. Out of ice to chill beer too. Gotta wait till retiree pay day again next Monday. gotta get a small fortune to fix fridge compressor.

Check craigslist for cheap fridges. I paid $100 for a 4 year old fridge. I had to scrape a boat load of spilled & dried condiments off of the shelves, but I can't imagine living without a fridge. Even if it's not awesome it's a working fridge and super affordable.

Found a bomber of a sierra nevada bigfoot barleywine clone I brewed almost 4 months ago.

It was so good young that it was gone before I could really enjoy it. Not sure if I stashed this bottle on purpose or on accident, but it tastes better now than ever. Gotta brew this again.

20140825_181011.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409015441.545889.jpgnot bad not bad at all. Normally not a huge fan of IPA/ Belgium yeast combo beers. Wasn't paying attention when I grabbed it,the DIPA is called more cowboy but I'm glad I did.

This one has crazy pics tweeted by the fire department.

When did firefighters start tweeting live shots while working?

http://wtnh.com/2014/08/25/new-haven-pub-catches-fire/

More than likely those were taken by free lance media and they shared them with the higher ups in the department. Unfortunately fire departments across the nation find themselves under attack from city managers and citizens that claim to love firefighters but don't want to pay for it. We live in a digital age with several forms of news media so FD use twitter to show what they do.

Back