What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 216083
Homebrew saison while putting together an order from bargain fittings. I'm finally going to upgrade both kettles and start using a chugger pump. Eventually I want to be able to whirlpool in my kettles.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I bought a pump about a year ago and never did anything with it, started building a toolbox pump today.

Yum,

Attachments

• IMG_4122.jpg
    IMG_4122.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 63
I bought a pump about a year ago and never did anything with it, started building a toolbox pump today.

Yum,

Me too. I have had the chugger for a good while without ever utilizing it but I'm about set it up and use it. About $100 for all the fittings and silicone tubing.

Not sure how I'm going to utilize it but I'm sure I'll figure it out, I have ideas;)

I like the idea of whirlpooling both for improved utilization of flameout hop additions in ipas and for the way it forms a cone of all the break material and hops in the kettle.

just think about the scene in 40 Year Old Virgin. that's why I'm gonn get electrolysis on my berries. just like Dave Chapelle! smooth as eggs!

That scene is painful to watch as a hairy man. And **** man isint that where they shock the hair off of you? And your gonna get it on your coin purse? You are a brave brave man!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407376642.122968.jpg
Hibiscus Saison. Only 2 left re-brewing this saturday if I don't get called in to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Bottling samples of the fruited saison splits:

Kiwi (good)
View attachment 216071

Pomegranate (also good)
View attachment 216072

Mango (awesome)
View attachment 216073

Only downside to one gallon batches is you only get 8 or 9 bottles. :(

Those sound good! How much kiwi and mango did you use for one gallon? Sounds like an experiment I might have to do.

Thanks to Hello for the Terrapin Liquid Bliss Choc/Peanut Butter Porter...delicious! (And I love the little ghosties on the surface.) I could do this beer often...roasty chocolate, peanut butter, great body and a littler bitter on the finish to cut the sweetness. It's a beautiful thing!

Hey mcbaumanner, fruit saisons look great! How long were they on the fruit, what yeast and did your fermentation pick back up from the fructose?

I harvested some Belle Saison yeast from my Hi-Nelson Saison w/Hibiscus and pitched it in a Citra Saison...but I had a gallon excess, so I racked it onto fresh cherries that I froze and soaked in a half cup vodka for a week. I'm still seeing a little airlock action after a few days, but it wasn't a substantial take-off. The main part of the batch hasn't quite finished up primary. That will get a Citra dry hop, but I'm not going to dry hop the micro batch, for fear that the hops would work against the cherries instead of enhancing them.

DSC05223.jpg

DSC05224.jpg

I still stand by the statement that nitro makes any beer better. This is goddamn delicious. The fact that its only been canned two weeks helps I'm sure.

1407379525447.jpg

Ever notice how some kegs don't seem to have bottoms?

I have a new wheatie I want to put on tap but there's still a few pints left in its predecessor.

It's a pretty good beer, but it's not what I prefer this late. Not sure I'm going to git 'er done before the lights go out...

Cheers! :drunk:

american_wheat_8.jpg

Those sound good! How much kiwi and mango did you use for one gallon? Sounds like an experiment I might have to do.

Two pounds to each gallon.

Thanks to Hello for the Terrapin Liquid Bliss Choc/Peanut Butter Porter...delicious! (And I love the little ghosties on the surface.) I could do this beer often...roasty chocolate, peanut butter, great body and a littler bitter on the finish to cut the sweetness. It's a beautiful thing!

Hey mcbaumanner, fruit saisons look great! How long were they on the fruit, what yeast and did your fermentation pick back up from the fructose?

I harvested some Belle Saison yeast from my Hi-Nelson Saison w/Hibiscus and pitched it in a Citra Saison...but I had a gallon excess, so I racked it onto fresh cherries that I froze and soaked in a half cup vodka for a week. I'm still seeing a little airlock action after a few days, but it wasn't a substantial take-off. The main part of the batch hasn't quite finished up primary. That will get a Citra dry hop, but I'm not going to dry hop the micro batch, for fear that the hops would work against the cherries instead of enhancing them.

I used Wyeast PC3726 and let the base saison ferment for two weeks on the deck to get all hot and funky. Then it was on fruit for 10 days and yes - fermentation took off again. I had to put a blow-off tube on the mango it went that strong (plus there was little head space.)

Water and about to go work out...

You're welcome! I drank mine too and had similar opinions. Not the same as sweet baby Jesus though. I should have found you a bottle of that. I will...for citra saison on cherries. :D
I did not have the ghost floaters though. That's weird and cool.

Drinking nothing. Can't sleep.

Coff. No more beer for me, at least today. Went overboard last night.

Latest posts

Back