What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water. F***ing dihydrogen monoxide.

I'm on vacation with SWMBO, and somehow (thanks to her excellent planning) we've ended up staying several days in a dry county.

Somebody please overnight me some beer, pronto.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Sounds like grounds for divorce!

Still on my IPA.

I love that opener. What caliber shell is that, 30-06?

EDIT: I'm not much of a gun guy but that looks 30-06 shells I've seen while shooting with my uncle.

Thanks, man.

Nope. It's a .50 cal shell. Faster than a 30-06. The 30-60 is more efficient fwiw but the .50 gets there faster with a lot more grain.

Thanks, man.

Nope. It's a .50 cal shell. Faster than a 30-06. The 30-60 is more efficient fwiw but the .50 gets there faster with a lot more grain.

From my limited experience with a 30-06, what it hits ceased to exist any longer, on any dimensional plane. I think old photographs of the target even disappear.

Still killing the fish. Should I feel guilty for ignoring my family, who are all holed up in the A/C, or annoyed that they're wasting this beautiful day inside?

From my limited experience with a 30-06, what it hits ceased to exist any longer, on any dimensional plane. I think old photographs of the target even disappear.

.50 does the same thing. I wouldn't want to get hit!

Still killing the fish. Should I feel guilty for ignoring my family, who are all holed up in the A/C, or annoyed that they're wasting this beautiful day inside?

Hell to the nah. Mom is visiting and she and SWMBO are on the screened-in porch with the kids. I'm on the front porch blasting this gar and more home brew. Enjoy the gar without worrying. :D

Madtree Sol Drifter (strawberry blonde ale). I'm not really a fan of fruit-flavored beers and this is no exception.

Anyone else having server issues today?

1407096223186.jpg

hydro sample of my 8 gallons of Helles Bock that didn't take off. old yeast & didn't make sure the starter was solid. pitched a Brett blend TNGabe sent me and some Pedio. sitting at 9% right now & getting funky!

Hell to the nah. Mom is visiting and she and SWMBO are on the screened-in porch with the kids. I'm on the front porch blasting this gar and more home brew. Enjoy the gar without worrying. :D

You talked me into another THA. Hell, I'll be camping with all those people again starting Tuesday, anyway. Then they won't be able to hide from the outdoors and this incredible Michigan summer.

Went down to the basement to get another beer. I haven't cleaned my fermenter or bottling bucket from yesterday yet. It smells like chocolatey, vanilla, stout awesomeness down there. My wife tasted the beer going into the bottles, flat and green, and said she would drink a few of these as are. It's going to be a long wait to Christmas this year.

Water before I start hitting the beer. Need to wait until dinner as I just realized I forgot to eat lunch today.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Went down to the basement to get another beer. I haven't cleaned my fermenter or bottling bucket from yesterday yet. It smells like chocolatey, vanilla, stout awesomeness down there. My wife tasted the beer going into the bottles, flat and green, and said she would drink a few of these as are. It's going to be a long wait to Christmas this year.

Anything in it other than chocolate and vanilla? Not that that isn't enough but you called it a Christmas stout so just curious if that title is a reference to when you will be consuming it or does it have holiday related flavors. I want to do a holiday beer and I'm over pumpkin beer, a stout might be the way to go.

Anything in it other than chocolate and vanilla? Not that that isn't enough but you called it a Christmas stout so just curious if that title is a reference to when you will be consuming it or does it have holiday related flavors. I want to do a holiday beer and I'm over pumpkin beer, a stout might be the way to go.

Nothing really makes it a "Christmas" beer other than the timing and its intended use as gifts. It is the Oatmeal Porter from the recipe database here, with a lot more grain, a bit more chocolate, more vanilla and a pound of lactose.

EDIT: took a recipe I know works and turned into a Bad Sass original. That Oatmeal Porter was damn good as is.

Nothing really makes it a "Christmas" beer other than the timing and its intended use as gifts. It is the Oatmeal Porter from the recipe database here, with a lot more grain, a bit more chocolate, more vanilla and a pound of lactose.

EDIT: took a recipe I know works and turned into a Bad Sass original. That Oatmeal Porter was damn good as is.

gotcha. Thanks I'll go look at recipes

gotcha. Thanks I'll go look at recipes

I should have added more base. I was thinking this would be an imperial stout based on the OG. I forgot that the other grains and lactose were going to get me a FG of around 1.030. OG was 1.080, which only gets the ABV to 6.5% - 7%.

I should have added more base. I was thinking this would be an imperial stout based on the OG. I forgot that the other grains and lactose were going to get me a FG of around 1.030. OG was 1.080, which only gets the ABV to 6.5% - 7%.

Sounds like a good stout to me. Plenty of residual sugar left and lactose for body/mouthfeel. I like chocolate stouts a lot. A couple years ago I made a mint chocolate stout that was horrible. It sounded good on paper that combo of flavors works well together but my application of the flavors sucked and so did the beer.

Sounds like a good stout to me. Plenty of residual sugar left and lactose for body/mouthfeel. I like chocolate stouts a lot. A couple years ago I made a mint chocolate stout that was horrible. It sounded good on paper that combo of flavors works well together but my application of the flavors sucked and so did the beer.

Yeah, I was going to add coffee to this but decided I'd experimented enough as is. This is also my first starter, which was yeast harvested from Bells Porter.

Yesterday was IPA and English pale ale day. Today I'm enjoying my own version of California Common. Damn the wlp810 did a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Apfelwein question: stuff was "brewed" 3-4 weeks ago. There is still visual signs of fermentation. When do you bottle this stuff

I bottle when it drops crystal clear and there isn't any sign of active fermentation.

Made jerk pork with Walkerswood jerk sauce. Sweet mother of God is that stuff hot. Putting out the flames with a Centennial Blonde.

Latest posts

Back