What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucknuts, FermentNEthing, and Remmy: getting a taste of what 51 feels like! Hangovers get worse and recovery takes longer. :(

Two beers last night, slept in this morning and about to go get my second cup of coffee. Later, Cloos' Coney Island Hotdogs and then Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D IMAX.

The thought of 40 or even 50 scares the **** out of me. I know I'll be 40 or 50 and wonder where the flocc time went.

Just finished that BCBS. On em empty stomach at that. Feeling a buzz already. Going to bottle my latest IPA after deciding not to dump it into my oak barrel.

Bottling dregs from a wine I bottled to free up a small fermenter for a batch of Texas twang.

The Twang is great at 3 months and awesome at 6 months!

The thought of 40 or even 50 scares the **** out of me. I know I'll be 40 or 50 and wonder where the flocc time went.

I'll be 40 in January but can't even tell. Still feeling like 20s most of the time. Screw age.

I'm 58 & it sure as hell will only get worse from here on out! I was doing something at the stove earlier & started to feel woozy & almost fell over backwards. WTF? was that all about? Everything just went black for a fraction of a second. And I still have two more batches of HB bottles to clean before starting on my brew day. Then make one of my old specials for dinner. Gonna need a couple beers after all that...:mug:

I'll be 40 in January but can't even tell. Still feeling like 20s most of the time. Screw age.

We talking mental age or physical? My brain says I'm in my twenties but the body likes to remind me of all the stupid things I've done in my youth.

Spot Rusher galaxy ipa HB

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407086876.885625.jpg

We talking mental age or physical? My brain says I'm in my twenties but the body likes to remind me of all the stupid things I've done in my youth.

Yes to both. Actual age is almost 40. I'm not sure what's going on inside but, the outside appearance is important to me. I take care of it and hope it helps. But, you're right about the stupid youth activities. I still feel injuries from 15-20 years ago.

100% agreed. My brain says I can do that and my body says think again, or at least that's not as easy as it used to be.
Having a HB ripa.

Last month I went for a run with the dog. He decided to put a fire hydrant between us. To avoid the leash hitting it, I decided to jump it. Bad idea. The brain was willing but the body wasn't able. Next time, I'll drop the leash.

1407087889476.jpg

This is exactly how I feel. My immaturity keeps me feeling young.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah, I felt that way at 40. Pretty much at 45. It sucks that the brain says 25 and the body says 60.
Coke Zero...waiting in line to see Guardians of the Galaxy at IMAX.

Taking a quick break from beer as I go get ammo to wage war on the bees in my yard. One of those little mothers just nailed me and I have, as a result, declared genocidal intent.

Elysian Immortal on a relaxing brew day with the house to myself, pandora cranked and golf / nascar on TV.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407088509.521425.jpg

Taking a quick break from beer as I go get ammo to wage war on the bees in my yard. One of those little mothers just nailed me and I have, as a result, declared genocidal intent.

You have to roar while doing it. :D

More coffee. No beer today.

My Brown Noser.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407090440.763283.jpg

Walking around my property as I smoke this.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407090541.935611.jpg

If I get another tick on me, I will burn that little piece of **** with the ash of my cigar.

Water. F***ing dihydrogen monoxide.

I'm on vacation with SWMBO, and somehow (thanks to her excellent planning) we've ended up staying several days in a dry county.

Somebody please overnight me some beer, pronto.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back