What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more floccing water.

Me too.....except mine contains grain, hops and mint. Oh, and alcohol. :p
This is a good beer. The mint goes well with this style. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404699504.398697.jpg

Hi Nelson! Saison.

Had a nice time fishing with Hello this afternoon...sufficiently sunburned.

Had a great dinner at the Angus Barn in Raleigh to celebrate my 29th anniversary with SWMBO...couple beside us celebrated 58!

Kids are in year 'round school...starting the new school year tomorrow. Having a bomber of Hello's Hi-Nelson Saison as the contacts dry up and haze over, making typing quite a challenge!

The saison is really good! I get the complexities...fruit and citrus, but earthy and dry. A finnish like light tannins in a wine. The combination of hibiscus and dry hopping with Nelson Sauvin creates an aroma that is distinctive...wine, resin, something hard to describe, but it's refreshing and grows on you...and the 8-ish % ABV isn't hot at all. Good stuff! I hope mine turns out this well!

DSC05065.jpg

How could such a pedestrian beer have such pretty stemware?
$(KGrHqZ,!lQFCzoE65gtBQtvQn5VMw~~60_57.JPG

Anyway...picture one of those filled with 12% ABV chocolate nitro'd stout and that's where I am. Too baked to take a pic, sorry...

Cheers! :mug:

Had a nice time fishing with Hello this afternoon...sufficiently sunburned.

Had a great dinner at the Angus Barn in Raleigh to celebrate my 29th anniversary with SWMBO...couple beside us celebrated 58!

Kids are in year 'round school...starting the new school year tomorrow. Having a bomber of Hello's Hi-Nelson Saison as the contacts dry up and haze over, making typing quite a challenge!

The saison is really good! I get the complexities...fruit and citrus, but earthy and dry. A finnish like light tannins in a wine. The combination of hibiscus and dry hopping with Nelson Sauvin creates an aroma that is distinctive...wine, resin, something hard to describe, but it's refreshing and grows on you...and the 8-ish % ABV isn't hot at all. Good stuff! I hope mine turns out this well!

haha I'm burned too but only on my chest. I avoided a bad burn with that sunscreen despite the gross sweat. :eek:

How was the carb? The saison suddenly developed a foam issue when I futzed around with the kegs on Friday. I need to figure out what the problem is or keep bleeding the keg. Anyway, I filled it and let a lot of it foam over into a bowl and capped on foam. Was hoping it wasn't flat for you. Glad you like it, it is a great recipe from Fuzzy. And another Happy Anniversary!

Matt is the only one who randomly caught a big bass. It was awesome and so sudden. Then it was just me making a mockery of the sport of fishing from there on out. :D

Iced coffee and eating coconut cake because I can and there are no parents around to say no. :ban:

Finishing up coffee. At least it was pretty out during my walk this morning.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404741824.695996.jpg

I wish I could blow off work today, but I have a high priority project that landed in my lap to contend with ...

So Northern Brewer just posted about this on Facebook: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/254406714/bru-v-protection?play=video_pitch&ref=spotlight It took a while for me to stop laughing and get up from the floor after reading through it. I mean, who the hell drinks beer so slowly that it skunks in the glass?! :confused:

Beer only takes 3 minutes to get some amount of skunk, and it can be really noticeable with lighter tasting beers. So I imagine this could catch on for big bars or restaurants serving lots of macro-beer.

So Northern Brewer just posted about this on Facebook: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/254406714/bru-v-protection?play=video_pitch&ref=spotlight It took a while for me to stop laughing and get up from the floor after reading through it. I mean, who the hell drinks beer so slowly that it skunks in the glass?! :confused:

Wow that's ridiculous. Anybody who contributes to that are the same ones who are contributing to the downfall of our society.

You went fishing bare chested? ;)

Drinking grapefruit juice and weighing the consequences of just skipping work today. I don't feel like doing anything.
I wear v-necks 100% of the time…pretty much. :)
Holy ****! First, I wish these ******** would stop using the Endless Summer artwork; I bet they don't even have permission to do so. Second, there is a thread here about some dude who thinks his beer is skunked when he drinks in the sun. I don't see the issue here as i don't nurse my beers. This is a kickstarter for suckers for sure! Oh and I'm sure dropping the F-bomb on the page is going to attract all kinds of "investors".

Drinking root beer.

Drinking beer that has been sitting in the sun. .. Im buying one of those bruh-v glasses just so I can throw it on the ground and laugh heroically.

Wow that's ridiculous. Anybody who contributes to that are the same ones who are contributing to the downfall of our society.

Do you mean:

1. Pedestrians who don't yield to cars in the Wal Mart parking lot--and don't even bother to look,

2. People who wear their pajamas in public,

3. The woman who sat in front of my son in the movie theatre yesterday, who I politely asked to put her feet down/ sit up and get her gigantic hair out of my kid's lap,

Or 4. This guy?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404750656.539050.jpg

haha I'm burned too but only on my chest. I avoided a bad burn with that sunscreen despite the gross sweat. :eek:

How was the carb? The saison suddenly developed a foam issue when I futzed around with the kegs on Friday. I need to figure out what the problem is or keep bleeding the keg. Anyway, I filled it and let a lot of it foam over into a bowl and capped on foam. Was hoping it wasn't flat for you. Glad you like it, it is a great recipe from Fuzzy. And another Happy Anniversary!

Matt is the only one who randomly caught a big bass. It was awesome and so sudden. Then it was just me making a mockery of the sport of fishing from there on out. :D

Iced coffee and eating coconut cake because I can and there are no parents around to say no. :ban:

Eating leftover anniversary pound cake from Angus Barnes and folding laundry...still on coffee.

The carb on the saisin was good! It was a nice tingle. No head really, but the carb was good. And I know that describing things as "complex" is kind of dickish sounding, but it's accurate in this case. *smirk*

Do you mean:

1. Pedestrians who don't yield to cars in the Wal Mart parking lot--and don't even bother to look,

2. People who wear their pajamas in public,

3. The woman who sat in front of my son in the movie theatre yesterday, who I politely asked to put her feet down/ sit up and get her gigantic hair out of my kid's lap,

Or 4. This guy?

View attachment 209759

All of those people should be publicly executed in the town square. ;)

Not my style but I didn't buy it- it was a gift. Better actually than I expected it to be.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404768512.323774.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just saw that my 15gallons of quad is infected... well guess the barrel will be soured ahead of time... I rushed and had a feeling that it would... still taste fine but some tartness is showing through. ****!

Just wait, it will be the best sour you have ever made and you won't ever be able to duplicate it

Back