What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A coldish fermented ale made with Global Cologne Kolsch malt 100% and all Tettanger US Hops with Danstar Nottingham at 58 F. Quite smooth pleasant and yeah. I like it.

My last ruthless,im surprised there hasnt been a trend in rye ipa's much with other breweries on the shelf. Maybe a matter of time.Basically only 3 that i know of have them.Also rauchbeers,i rarely see them also.Maybe im blind.I really liked Schnells rauchbeer.

My last ruthless,im surprised there hasnt been a trend in rye ipa's much with other breweries on the shelf. Maybe a matter of time.Basically only 3 that i know of have them.Also rauchbeers,i rarely see them also.Maybe im blind.I really liked Schnells rauchbeer.

Have three Hop Rod Rye left from Bear Republic visit. Sure taste different from on tap. Maybe it is that first hit of rye?

Have three Hop Rod Rye left from Bear Republic visit. Sure taste different from on tap. Maybe it is that first hit of rye?

Yeah that and Founders Red Rye Pa are my goto's for rye ipa's. Its a toss up with hop rod and founders for me,ill have to blind test them although i would know which is which and both are probably different- just dont know which i preferrr and if it really matters anyway.
I agree with stuff tasting differnt on tap. And hell if all of my 6 pack of rutheless tasted the same over the last 3 months-it shure dryed up and remained hoppy not as malty sweet but the rye and dryness shure showed up over time.

The Incredible Hop imperial black IPA from fort collins brewery. my first black ipa... it's okay. I don't think i'd get it again though, just not my bag.

Yeah that and Founders Red Rye Pa are my goto's for rye ipa's. Its a toss up with hop rod and founders for me,ill have to blind test them although i would know which is which and both are probably different- just dont know which i preferrr and if it really matters anyway.
I agree with stuff tasting differnt on tap. And hell if all of my 6 pack of rutheless tasted the same over the last 3 months-it shure dryed up and remained hoppy not as malty sweet but the rye and dryness shure showed up over time.

Those rye ales got me hooked. I guess im supposed to like the pliney.....but the russian river blind pig is still my go to IPA.

Morebeer has a 50 cents a beer kit called a Citra Ale. Picked it up in a hurry when I couldn't decide... This is my new go to... Gotta have in the house so everybody will enjoy it beer... It's a really great session beer!

Those rye ales got me hooked. I guess im supposed to like the pliney.....but the russian river blind pig is still my go to IPA.

good on you. I was fortunate enough to try pliny and blind pig, i was huge on the pliney really and blind pig didnt do it but was still good and solid but not my goto much for an ipa.
For 5 bucks that beer is gold for the shipping?I got raped.:eek: But it was two weeks fresh so score! and rape.:confused:

Denny Conn is a prophet! I'm drinking his wry smile and I swear, I dont want to ever drink any thing else again.

Thanks bro!

Cracked a "surveillance" beer of my last Mr Beer batch which I tweaked a bit and have named Hopinstein after a week and a half. Needs some more carbonation (I expected it wouldn't be fully carbed since it's about 7.5%abv) but it is lacing the glass surprisingly well, tastes great, and is definitely strong!! :drunk:

Coffee. It's going to be a long night on the railroad. Gonna have a Newcastle brown ale when I get off work though.

Two Brothers Circus Penguin pale ale with organic beets and blood oranges. Average/Above average.I was hoping for a blood orange color,just gold but solid pale ale.Pretty tastey.Lotta yeast floaties. I think you can get enough big tangerine/orange notes from certain hops without adding actuall oranges,i guess it should be over the top so to speak with citrus but i can say ive had bigger citrus in some pretty hoppy pale ales without the orange.Nice concept though think its a spring thing or something.Fairly clean with some maltiness/sweetness and citrusy though.

Im really enjoying a "rat dungeon ipa " that I created. It is really nice. Gotta love cascade hops! I named it that cause I brew at my parents cabin (water is way better) and found a mouse in the trap the day I was brewing this. Ha haaaaaaaaaa im drunk!

ForumRunner_20120329_212241.jpg

Latest posts

Back