What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NB honey kolsch ..my first attempt at the style , dry hopped with a bit of n brewer and crystal..it's a bit fruity but. Very crispy and refreshing from a long day at work

That was my third Ghostface Killah since the release last fall. There is really not much beer to it, flat, maybe a shade of malt, just a really hot blend of peppers in liquid form. It does burn the mouth and throat, but as a fan of the hot I like it, once in a while that is. An impulse buy for sure.

Other night I had my first homebrew. It was American ale kit I racked it with 2 pints of blackberries. It sat in primary for 2 weeks and in secondary for about 2 weeks. Everyone says it's almost like a Belgium white. It has a cidery taste, not a lot of aftertaste. I'm proud.

ForumRunner_20120327_061525.jpg

Got off of work early and I am in my happy place right now. I am drinking my version of a spring ale. Light body, slight buttery taste, balanced hop profile, and a slightly toasty aftertaste. (I don't know if that even make sense, but that's the best way I can describe it). :mug:

Got off of work early and I am in my happy place right now. I am drinking my version of a spring ale. Light body, slight buttery taste, balanced hop profile, and a slightly toasty aftertaste. (I don't know if that even make sense, but that's the best way I can describe it). :mug:

Sounds like a damn perfect spring ale. Care to share recipe?

Just finished a Dundee's English Ale and am just about to start a Firestone Double Jack (IIPA). Slow BBQ' ing some ribs, triple BBQ beans and some veggies...
Double jack, mmmm

Just had a few sips of Swamp Ape before dumping the rest of that drek down the drain. So now I'm trying Sixpoint's new Resin, which I rather like.

Started the evening with my APA & am drinking a Chimay Blue for the first time! OMG!!! See you guys later...

Stone-Old Guardian--noice! (for the people that think i misspelled that-i did not, and meant to spell it that way)you know who you are.:p And can take your grammer back to Mrs.Bla Bla Bla. And moving on to a: Schlafly Extra Stout irish style and am becoming a big fan of Schlafly- way to go MO. I think they are one of the better regulars sitting on the shelves here.

hydro samples, kegged a Belgium wit and put a Belgium Dubbel in secondary. I forgot which bucket had what in it (1st time not placing labels on the beers) but it didn't take long to figure out what was what. Both are pretty tasty :mug:

IMG_2617.jpg

Mad River Brewing Company's Porter, and Remy Martin Champagne Cognac ( my celebration drink ) i got a new job today

A total domination and my dry hop clone. Really close. But needs some more time.

Sample of my Irish Red. Two weeks in the bottle and unrefrigerated so the carbonation isn't quite there, but tasty. Besides, it was the one extra bottle that wouldn't fit in the cases with the others, so it's been sacrificed.

my DIPA, a little sweeter than I wanted even though it finished at a respectable 1.015. Had 1lb of Crystal and 15lbs of Pale Malt - think I'm going to do no crystal next time.

An oatmeal stout that I didn't think was very good (bit too astringent and had a weird twang).

However I've found drinking them straight out the fridge makes them awesome... actually tastes a lot like Guinness.

Back