What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good catch. I always give myself some wiggle room. :D

On the water.

Going to NEBCO today, so of course I'll have a few there. But I don't want to drink once I get home - I'll save it for when I am brewing tomorrow.

Dave37 is bringing the sour cherries tomorrow so I can dump Mama Fratelli (my quad) onto them before it all goes into the oak barrel!

rbwc-mama-fratelli.jpg

Water. Just saw jelly belly jelly beans has a flavor called "draft beer" more importantly though, there's no real beer in there.

Water and a 1/2 pint of my vanilla porter. Was working on situating kegs today and just couldn't resist.

Good catch. I always give myself some wiggle room. :D

On the water.

Going to NEBCO today, so of course I'll have a few there.

Damn! I thought they were closed on Wednesday's. I'm passing through CT tomorrow and I'm going to take the Merritt Parkway. Can't wait to hit NEBCO and see what it's like.

Damn! I thought they were closed on Wednesday's. I'm passing through CT tomorrow and I'm going to take the Merritt Parkway. Can't wait to hit NEBCO and see what it's like.

It's rather no frills. Make sure you get there when they're open. :D

I'll be brewing at the house. Come through. :fro:

Started off with a sneak attack. Then Sofie came out to play. Now I notice that Matilda seems lonely so I am giving her a little attention.

I just may end up having a Remmy night tonight if I am not careful. These girls are going to get the better of me.

1401310862886.jpg

Couldn't resist. FML.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401311771.755250.jpg

Prepping my stuff for brew day tomorrow.

My cluster pale ale with a chopped pork pizza I just whipped up from leftovers pulled pork. I buttered the crust and spread cayanne pepper all over it.
View attachment 202267

Did you ever know that your my hero? Lol
Had a similar pizza at Greenbush Brewing the other day. Housemade BBQ sauce base with pulled pork, cheese and cole slaw, was effin amazing. Meanwhile new skeeter batch (ready tomorrow) is staring at me begging me to have a taste test.

Attachments

• 1401312656723.jpg
    1401312656723.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 71
At Smartmouth in Norfolk, VA. Damn nice beer. Left is Man Crush (Green Flash collab) - grapefruit Saison.. Right is Jr, a really nice coffee porter.

Playing catchup from last night, bluebird bitter. Nice, bit need to try it before the flight of IPAs.

1401312882533.jpg

1401312894315.jpg

Some fresh Fat Ten-er #6.

Celebrating my new job. :D Great excuse to drink.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401313047.417944.jpg

Got called into a meeting in 30 min. Guess I better only have one.
Lone tree amber

You'd be fine after 3. Trust me. :D

I laughed out loud at NEBCO (and hope I didn't offend anyone) when a guy walked up to the bar and asked what type of "cilantro hops" were in NEBCO's cilantro-lime Brett saison (which is still in barrels and will be bottled this summer).

When being a homer goes wrong.

Classic.

That looks and sounds delicious
It was, really.
Wow. Yes.

I vac seal pulled pork and use it for sammies, nachos and empanadas.
That is a splendid idea actually. Makes me want to smoke a bigger pork butt next time.
Did you ever know that your my hero? Lol
Had a similar pizza at Greenbush Brewing the other day. Housemade BBQ sauce base with pulled pork, cheese and cole slaw, was effin amazing. Meanwhile new skeeter batch (ready tomorrow) is staring at me begging me to have a taste test.
Actually, you're the reason I thought of it. I saw the pick and needed it. Used BBQ sauce, two cheeses, pork and onion. Next time I'll make more cole slaw and sauté the onions and some red peppers. Your pic just looked crazy amazing and I had the leftover smoked pork so…it was damn good. I'm so full.

Drank part of an old Red's Rye then dumped the remainder. Then I tried a Harpoon IPA. After a couple sips I decided not to waste anymore time on it. Since I was recently given a Harpoon mix pack I decided to try another. So now having this. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't ever pay for it. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401313461.287969.jpg

Water. Just saw jelly belly jelly beans has a flavor called "draft beer" more importantly though, there's no real beer in there.

Take it from me... Tastes like unfermented wort.

Left is the Dream Day - hoppy American wheat. Has a funky taste but good. Right is the Rule G (IPA)... Meh.

1401313798464.jpg

Last beer of the night.

I think it's called a nightcap, or something.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401314199.403341.jpg

Uh-oh! Is that the sound of the Night Train approaching?! :eek: :D

Ha ha! The new bottle is in the far right corner of my basement. Put it there on purpose, so it's too far of a walk for me to go get. :D

On second thought, you just have me a great idea.

View attachment 202289
Just being a homer. This is a damn good barleywine and at 10% packs a punch

Barleywine? That bottle looks like it has hot sauce in it. maybe its just the lacing.

Ha ha! The new bottle is in the far right corner of my basement. Put it there on purpose, so it's too far of a walk for me to go get. :D

On second thought, you just have me a great idea.

Knew it. Nice try Remmy. We know you aren't tee-totaling it

Barleywine? That bottle looks like it has hot sauce in it. maybe its just the lacing.

Knew it. Nice try Remmy. We know you aren't tee-totaling it

I really told myself no. But had to make a NEBCO run for a few people. Once that happened, I went slightly downhill.

On the second water now after eating dinner.

Back