What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday with best friends from college. Halia was great but Gillian was awesome.

I'm pretty certain my bottle of Gillian had something wrong with it. I wasn't a huge fan. I loved Halia when it was served at a beerfest a year or so ago.

Sent from the Bat Cave

Belgian Patersbier.

1400905552656.jpg

On to an HB pale ale...back to work on the blog. *yawn* Not sure how much longer I'll hold out. May be trying to brew a scotch ale tomorrow, if I can get the right recipe. Going to see if Raleigh Brewing has made a recipe available for their Blatherskite through Atlantic Brew Supply...hoping to do an all grain BIAB. I'll do extract if I have to.

DSC04795.jpg

On to an HB pale ale...back to work on the blog. *yawn* Not sure how much longer I'll hold out. May be trying to brew a scotch ale tomorrow, if I can get the right recipe. Going to see if Raleigh Brewing has made a recipe available for their Blatherskite through Atlantic Brew Supply...hoping to do an all grain BIAB. I'll do extract if I have to.

Met the owner and brewer for Raleigh Brewing at CBC in Denver. Good people, would love to try their beer.

Had a 22oz of Sam Adams with dinner earlier and just had a bunch of water. Feeling stuffed and tired so I'm going to bed now. Mucho beer to be consumed and stogies to be smoked over the next 3 days.

Finishing up my blogging and up way too late...but I have another strawberry blonde ale to keep me company. G'night all!

DSC04795.jpg

Met the owner and brewer for Raleigh Brewing at CBC in Denver. Good people, would love to try their beer.

Had a 22oz of Sam Adams with dinner earlier and just had a bunch of water. Feeling stuffed and tired so I'm going to bed now. Mucho beer to be consumed and stogies to be smoked over the next 3 days.

Hello knows these guys better than I do, I've done their Big Brew a few times now and the employees there are very knowledgeable, helpful, patient, etc. I've met the brewmaster, but I don't think I've met the owner. Maybe, once? But they DO make good beer and a nice variety. I took an all-grain class there a few months ago and got to taste several of the beers in the course of the class. The Scotch Ale, Blatherskite, was my favorite. I'm going to discuss the recipe for it, but from what I've been reading tonight, the temps in my house may be too warm to ferment a Scotch Ale (around 74F) and much too warm outside, with wide temperature swings. May wind up doing something else...rye, perhaps? A repeat of my American Wheat Citra Citrus?

About to finish that strawberry blonde and try to get some sleep!

Went to a grad party and had a velvet rooster. Then had a buffalo sweat and off color farmhouse ale, followed by splitting a small bottle of crown with a buddy.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400915862.678537.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400915888.099044.jpg

Had a bottle of my HB cherry cider but it isn't very photogenic in my belly. 95% cloud cover so no meteor shower action in Western Washington tonight.

Coffee. Waiting for strike water to cool because I was measuring crap and got it up to a near boil.

Mix hot with cold so you won't have to sit there for another hour. :D

What are you brewing today?

Last night I drank my last SNPA in the fridge. Along with Leinenkugel's Canoe Paddler,a kolsh with rye malt that was pretty good. then on the way home from picking my son up from work,I told him to surprise me with a 6'r of something. He picked out Founder's Centennial IPA. The centennial hops in this one tasted much like red grapefruit. Not like the sweet tart taste in Sea Hag. Interesting flavor. Having diet cherry 7up with my usual meds this morning...:mug:

I told you they have the recipe but make 100% sure it's right. They had it scaled wrong and within I made mistakes with my first all grain, it still wouldn't have been right. ABV is not 7% as their recipe shows. Talk to tony if he is there.

I vorlauf. Breakfast shake while I decant my starter and whip up another one. I can't quite tell if the yeast grew enough after 28 hours.

Latest posts

Back