What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COFfee. I need some motivation to work today. Here is hoping Remmy survived the night. And from the looks of it, it was an Apfelwein night for most. That could be dangerous.

Maybe I will have one tonight.

Drank a little too much last night at dinner and after dinner. Some of my friends showed up at my house. Night Train and a few homemade margaritas. Thank God I'm alive.

Coff (trying to get it down).

COFfee. I need some motivation to work today. Here is hoping Remmy survived the night. And from the looks of it, it was an Apfelwein night for most. That could be dangerous.

Maybe I will have one tonight.

Yes. Apfelwein in large quantities = me feeling like crap this morning and dumping beer all over my basement floor last night.

Coffee.

Drank a little too much last night at dinner and after dinner. Some of my friends showed up at my house. Night Train and a few homemade margaritas. Thank God I'm alive.

Coff (trying to get it down).

YAY! Your 30th sounds a lot like my 30th! :D

Water. I have such a raging headache and I think my Fitbit hates me.

YAY! Your 30th sounds a lot like my 30th! :D

Water. I have such a raging headache and I think my Fitbit hates me.

Wait until ya'll hit your 50th! Recovery period keeps getting longer and harder...so, getting wasted when you get older is a lot like a...uh...nevermind.

More coffee.

Water and mattmmille's f'in amazing pineapple chipotle salsa with water for lunch. Had this Saturday and it was epic.
Breaking my traditional lunch for this as it continued to stare me in the face when I opened the fridge.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400690534.989088.jpg

Water with an 8 oz. steak and 1.5 chicken breasts. Midday snack.

*Blush*

(But try it with some grilled pork chops or fish!)

Is it possible that the smaller jar was spicier than the bigger one? The bigger one definitely doesn't have the kick the smaller jar had. Either way, outstanding…just not as spicy as the other.

More water. I may actually have to go outside today and punch someone.

Water and mattmmille's f'in amazing pineapple chipotle salsa with water for lunch. Had this Saturday and it was epic.
Breaking my traditional lunch for this as it continued to stare me in the face when I opened the fridge.
View attachment 200733

You eating that salsa with a spoon? Not that there is anything wrong with eating salsa like a fruit salad. Looks delicious too.

I'm going to just assume you've already booked a tour to Santa Rosa already. :D

Muir Woods is a great place to go hiking.

Of course. The trip wont be complete without that. On the way going to hit Moylans, Lagunitas, Then Russian river is the plan right now. Going there Sun-Sat. Cant wait.

I have a technical question for those of you with yeast washing experience:

Wyeast says that slurry that is 40-60% solids has approx 1.2bn cells per mL. So, if I need 237bn cells, divided by 1.2, comes out to approximately 200mL.

Is that 200mL of solids, or 200mL of yeast/spent wort?

200mL of solid yeast sounds like way too much, so I'm assuming I need about 100mL of slurry (based on 40-60% solids)

/offtopicramble

I like IPA, APA, Stouts,Ale. Something that would go down easy in this hot MS climate. I am up to try anything really. Although I have not had a sour yet that I would say I liked.

I like IPA, APA, Stouts,Ale. Something that would go down easy in this hot MS climate. I am up to try anything really. Although I have not had a sour yet that I would say I liked.

Can you get Bell's or Founders down there? If you've never had, I could send you 2-3 12 ouncers of Michigan beers that I like. Both of those places do IPA pretty well.

I have had Two Hearted as well as All Day IPA before. I have not had anything else from those 2 breweries that I can remember. Bell's I can get over in AL and I live on the state line practically.

Odd Side Ales has a few that look interesting. Pineapple IPA and the Watermelon Ale, Peanut Butter Cup Stout. Not sure if you get those in your area.

Is it possible that the smaller jar was spicier than the bigger one? The bigger one definitely doesn't have the kick the smaller jar had. Either way, outstanding…just not as spicy as the other.

More water. I may actually have to go outside today and punch someone.

Could be...different batches...but I did try to standardize the recipes. Maybe a little more chipotle made it into the small jar and extracted into the smaller space?

Just remembering the coffee I left in the microwave...twice.

I have had Two Hearted as well as All Day IPA before. I have not had anything else from those 2 breweries that I can remember. Bell's I can get over in AL and I live on the state line practically.

Odd Side Ales has a few that look interesting. Pineapple IPA and the Watermelon Ale, Peanut Butter Cup Stout. Not sure if you get those in your area.

Never heard of Odd Side Ales. I'll be creative. I'll get some stuff with really limited distribution (Dragonmead, etc.)

Looks like they are over in Grand Haven, that will be cool. When I am ready to ship I will get your address via PM and stop hijacking this thread.

To stay on course I am still drinking water.

Back