What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coff.... is remmy MIA?

He said on Tuesday that he felt like he was coming down with a full-blown case of the flu. Guess it happened.

Well I made a pumpkin spice extract kit but bumped up the spices ever so slightly. Then at bottling I took 12 bottles and poured Harvey & Son's cinnamon tea that I made. 2 bags to 8 oz water and just a little bit poured into each of the 12 bottles.

Weeks later it tasted bad. Like I couldn't put my finger on it but others said it wasn't that bad. I didn't buy that BS because it was bad. I gave away 8 of the 12 and left 2 of the 4 I had in the closet. I tried one today and it worked. Very mellow hint of cinnamon and basically just a nice pumpkin spice beer. This is the second beer that I would have dumped but didn't and literally months and months later it is good.

Drinking a latte. On the advice of someone, I am reserving the cold shower for the afternoon but secretly hoping the plumber comes on the short end of between 8 & 12 and fixes it. I feel awkward not being "ready" to work today.

One of the upsides of work-from-home. Nobody knows that you haven't showered yet (unless you do a lot of video meetings, then that sucks!)

Is this your annual service physical? If so, good luck! :mug:

Some water after doing my five miles...

Thanks. Just got back from it. Everything seems fine, but I did get the "you should be drinking less" and "you should lose some weight" talks just like I do every year. Still got a <1% chance of developing heart disease in the next ten years which is the best you can do with their evaluation system.

Just had about 4 ounces of cranberry juice mixed with water. Feel like my head got hit by a train. Tried bread, crackers and soup. Can't hold anything down. Haven't held food in since Tuesday night.

Hoping I feel good enough to brew tomorrow.

Some Brazilian coffee I roasted last night. It will be better in a day or two, but after a week with no coffee it tastes so damn good

Just had about 4 ounces of cranberry juice mixed with water. Feel like my head got hit by a train. Tried bread, crackers and soup. Can't hold anything down. Haven't held food in since Tuesday night.

Hoping I feel good enough to brew tomorrow.

You did get hit by a train didn't you? The Night Train. Definitely feel better. I need you to be there drinking lunch drinks to encourage me to work hard so time flies make it feel like I get to go home sooner to have a beer of my own.

Drinking water.
Working like a madman. And sick. Blahhh....
On a good note, though, today is mine and my wife's 10 year anniversary. But, looks like we'll have to at least wait for the weekend to celebrate.

Drinking an afternoon cup of coffee at the office but might as well be drinking beer. I just sent myself an email so that I would remember a specific number tomorrow when I'm in my other office. As soon as I hit "send", I noticed that I had a new email and went to check it out...moron...

That's why I rarely drink when I got to a game or concert. I figure what I save is equal to several trips to the bottleshop throughout the year!

Same here. Too damn expensive. At a local concert venue they sell the $2 24oz budlight for $11 and the semi-craft at $14ish. Highway robbery. I just pregame or sneak some in :p

Drinking an afternoon cup of coffee at the office but might as well be drinking beer. I just sent myself an email so that I would remember a specific number tomorrow when I'm in my other office. As soon as I hit "send", I noticed that I had a new email and went to check it out...moron...

Haha that is great.

Happy anniversary Wes! Hope you feel better soon man.

Fuzzy...you just witnessed Phil Coke get through 2/3 of an inning without giving up a run. That's like coming face to face with a unicorn...being ridden by BigFoot.

Sompls Lake walk pale ale
sompls lakewalk pa.jpg

Mighty tasty!!

Fuzzy...you just witnessed Phil Coke get through 2/3 of an inning without giving up a run. That's like coming face to face with a unicorn...being ridden by BigFoot.

Lmao! True. Good game in the end. Now at Detroit Beer Co. having Brokedown Brown. Very tasty brown. Thanks for the tip Ridire, very cool place

Whats in the cask?!

Wouldn't you like to know....

So I'll tell ya! It's Real Ale's Cali Common dry hopped with Glacier. Good stuff. Nice aroma from the glacier, no prior experience with this variety.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397771493.392938.jpg

I'm not as drunk as the pic makes it seem.

Wouldn't you like to know....

So I'll tell ya! It's Real Ale's Cali Common dry hopped with Glacier. Good stuff. Nice aroma from the glacier, no prior experience with this variety.

View attachment 193942

I'm not as drunk as the pic makes it seem.

Wow, really 'earthy' as it warms up. I think that's the best descriptor I can come up with.

Back