What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightcap(morningcap?)

SAM_1920.JPG

Just giving you a hard time. I think its like ppl compare Abt12 to Westy. Ill never pay the crazy price for Westy as long as I can get Abt. There are several bba beers that come close to KBS. Bba Plead the Fifth from Dark Horse and Bells Black Note are as good as KBS

I've never had BBA Pt5th or Black Note. You Michigan people and your good beer. ;)

Sample of my RIS. The oak hits me immediately when I take a sip.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396799954.207707.jpg

That glass is awesome! Whatd you think of the all simcoe? Im still not sure about it yet, its good but maybe not the best hop for a Black IPA.

I liked it. It was very clean and well made. I, personally, would have liked it with a bit more hop character. But overall, it was a pretty solid brew. I've been wanting to brew a black ipa for some time now, just haven't gotten around to it. What was your grain bill?

I've never had BBA Pt5th or Black Note. You Michigan people and your good beer. ;)

Its true we are terribly spoiled :D Plead is not out yet but Black Note came out on the 1st. I only got a few bottles but I know Nizzle got a case for trading.
Having some Earl Grey.

I liked it. It was very clean and well made. I, personally, would have liked it with a bit more hop character. But overall, it was a pretty solid brew. I've been wanting to brew a black ipa for some time now, just haven't gotten around to it. What was your grain bill?

I completely agree. I dont think simcoe is good by itself for aroma or dryhop. Its great to hear feedback! Heres the recipe i used, pretty much just a spare parts brew. This was for 5.5 gallons and i used wlp080

10lbs 6-row
.6lb vienna
.4lb c-10
.4lb victory
.4lb chocolate malt
.25lb black malt

1oz simcoe @60
1oz simcoe @15
1oz simcoe @10
2oz simcoe @5
2oz simcoe @0
3oz simcoe dryhop for 5 days

Want to thank you guys for the thoughts and kind words! Means a lot to me.

Spent last night and today with my family. My brother and I shared some Talisker and Glenmorangie single Malts last night and today I'm downing this Wexford Ale like its my job! Good stuff!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396803921.528170.jpg

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

3 miles around the lake with dog and yard work = water. Just about done. Productive day considering my hangover.

Iced coffee as I drive the Merritt Parkway from beginning to end on my way to Boston. Need a rest stop that's open so I can get rid of some of this recycled beer. ;)

Bomber of my Coffee Stout after cutting down some massive bushes and throwing them all into the woods. FML.

The sun on the front porch feels amazing. Sitting here for the next hour.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396813605.272441.jpg

Just got a good pour for one of the last white ipa's. Heard the co2 going into the keg and got that sigh of relief. Mission almost accomplished.

1396815201874.jpg

Battletoad SMaSH

Focus is off. Blame Apple.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396816476.952936.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Decided to open the Victory Red Thunder that's been in my Dad's fridge for, like, ever. My first time. Thought it was pretty damn good!! Anyone else tried this?ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396816939.967664.jpg

Decided to open the Victory Red Thunder that's been in my Dad's fridge for, like, ever. My first time. Thought it was pretty damn good!! Anyone else tried this?View attachment 191405

Yeah, I went to a victory takeover a few months ago. Delicious stuff!

Grilling up some potatoes, some bbq pork chops, and some kinda vegetable. No lunch, feeling the buzz.

Latest posts

Back