What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty good for session ale, like all their others more so far though. Not one of their better ones, is what Im trying to say. But you may like it. Strong fruit aroma as described on the bottle?.. NO. Its all mineral and English which is ok with me. Some light roasty carmel notes also. Probably not again though. Past its BBF date by a month. Think Ill save the bottles though.

old man.jpg

Let's see have had a few of the old
Hard rootbeers during double brew
Day then had to drop my buddies chiller off and sampled his 15.5% barley wine and got a bomber to enjoy at a later date, now enjoying a duclaw naked fish raspberry stout ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396749900.951830.jpg

Ommegang's Game of Thrones #3. Fire and Blood red ale.

Glad I didn't geek out over the release. This is not a good beer, IMHO. Ill choke it down cuz I bought it.

Can't wait for the season premiere tomorrow

Yeah, I need to read faster so I can start watching. Instead of watching GoT season 4, tomorrow ill be doing a KBS/BCBS side by side and watching Wrestlemania. Oh, and grilling burgers, brats, and some corn on the cob.

Thinking about making some coffee. Maybe heading back down to Pittsburgh to see my 96 year old Nana who is "unresponsive" and just waiting for eternal rest. I've already said my goodbye on Thursday when doctors were sure she wouldn't make it to Friday. She always has been a stubborn woman! ;)
Though apparently not as stubborn as I thought as I just received a call from my dad as I was writing this. She passed away at 6:30 this AM, 6 days after her 96th birthday! What an amazing life she's had! I'm going to miss her, but I'm glad she's finally reunited with her sisters and husband who passed long before her! Gotta go make a few phone calls now.

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

Sorry man. A good life.

My Weizenbock. Every single German wheat beer I submit for competition I get the same response: "not enough yeast character". Yet every one I taste, I get more banana and clove out of mine than I do from the commercial ones. Usually more clove than banana, but lots and lots of both. So I don't know what's going on. This was at the very bottom of the Weizenbock style, to the point where I could almost pass it off as a higher gravity Dunkelweizen, so I get the lower scoring, but the "not enough yeast character" thing gets me every time.

Yeah, I need to read faster so I can start watching. Instead of watching GoT season 4, tomorrow ill be doing a KBS/BCBS side by side and watching Wrestlemania. Oh, and grilling burgers, brats, and some corn on the cob.

They're two very different beers, but IMO, BCBS and BCBCS both are better than KBS. I'm sure some might disagree, but for my tastes, if put up against KBS, BCBS wins that battle.

They're two very different beers, but IMO, BCBS and BCBCS both are better than KBS. I'm sure some might disagree, but for my tastes, if put up against KBS, BCBS wins that battle.

Holy crap. Maybe Gabe was right about your palate alll along lol. Bcbs is just nothing special to me. A couple others that are better.

Agreed. Both fine beers but BCBS wins. I love me some Founders. The breakfast stout is good, backwoods bastard is awesome but, KBS goes down to the BCBS. But this is coming from a guy who thinks Terrapin Wake N Bake is better than all of them. Makes me wonder, does Terrapin make a bourbon barrel aged stout? If so, I'd consider waiting in line for that. :)

Agreed. Both fine beers but BCBS wins. I love me some Founders. The breakfast stout is good, backwoods bastard is awesome but, KBS goes down to the BCBS. But this is coming from a guy who thinks Terrapin Wake N Bake is better than all of them. Makes me wonder, does Terrapin make a bourbon barrel aged stout? If so, I'd consider waiting in line for that. :)

I forgot about Backwoods Bastard. That is a great BBA beer. I think I would still take that over KBS.
Sorry fuzzy, but just being honest. KBS is good, but wouldn't consider it one of my top BBA beers.
I just wish NH distributed here. I'd go broke buying Dragons Milk. :D

I forgot about Backwoods Bastard. That is a great BBA beer. I think I would still take that over KBS.
Sorry fuzzy, but just being honest. KBS is good, but wouldn't consider it one of my top BBA beers.
I just wish NH distributed here. I'd go broke buying Dragons Milk. :D

Just giving you a hard time. I think its like ppl compare Abt12 to Westy. Ill never pay the crazy price for Westy as long as I can get Abt. There are several bba beers that come close to KBS. Bba Plead the Fifth from Dark Horse and Bells Black Note are as good as KBS

Shared ths last night with friends, my last gift from the christmas swap.
thanks to tony579 i got to try this wonderful beer..now i gotta take a couple hundred mile trip on the Bike to get more!!
RockMillbrewery Saison.jpg

Black tea here. Need to start a cereal mash and get the strike water going for the main mash on a cream ale.

Back