What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My very first ever AG brew. Was kind of a BIAB method with a lot of screwing around & I have since converted a cooler to mash in.

It is the AG version of my very first extract brew & it turned out pretty decent. I didn't hit the right gravity as I winged the whole thing, but everyone likes it (simple pale ale).

This post made me thirsty. Time to tap!

Jamil's Evil Twin

image-2822668881.jpg

Winding down my birthday with a couple potable presents. SWMBO bought me some Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale, and some Balvenie 21 year that's waiting for me :mug:

My Mt Hood pale ale and Ekg Digemans pale ale both near peak,and im loving this wlpoo5 british liquid yeast.I was unshure a few weeks ago but its amazing what a few weeks will do too,wow. Watch your attenuation with this if using crystal malts or mash back off a bit. I made a porter with it which i probably over used some crystal malts,which i have a habbit of, had a pretty high finish from it 1.023 ill call that a super sweet oaked porter for now,im pretty confident it will still be pretty good just not as dry maybe. Some aging may dry it out,im finding that with some beers that they tend to dry out some.

Homebrewed pumpkin ale..then cheap lager!! Waiting for my dead guy kit to finish bottle conditioning :)

an over carbed (over did the force carb) AG Best Bitter
it is drinkable , but not to my taste ,it's my second home brew
batch and I'll give most of it away, in time to make room in the
keg for something with a little more zing.:)

My version of lakefronts esb subbed with willamette hops and wlp005 liquid british- ****ing amazing,i thought the origional Lakefronts storboughtwas ok-above average but this-jenkies! Holy malt and british yeast- thats nice.Although i shorted my bittering somewhat i FWH to make up for the flavor additions due to shorted hops,but could use some more bittering. Now i gotta get some Lakefronts esb to compare.so far its mine.Bready deliciousness.This yeast rocks at least in this recipe so far, i used it in a marris otter that was good and some Digemans Pale malt but this takes the cake. Maybe its because of the Great Western Pale malt which i just started to use but these two marry nicely. Im so stoked to how my next 4 batches are going to turn out from this yeast and malt. What can i say when doing Mt hood pale ale,an ARrogant bastard clone,lakefront esb,2 hearted ale,oaked porter,ordinary bitter and they are turning out 10X better than my previous batches? When you stick your nose in a poured bottle and smell a nice cake batter smell- thats a good beer. I love the evolution of beer sometimes.

Have you brewed one of their kits yet?

no!!!! i'm so excited, that is pretty awesome! and they have kits for about 5 different brews. nice job rogue, nice job indeed!

right now i'm finishing a Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout. One of the richest chocolate stouts i've had

Nice! I did a rogue kit and added some honey and extra extract trying to attempt a double dead guy it tasted great before bottling and will be ready to drink Friday!! In dialed in at 8.8% :)

Back