What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I love this is on the way to the bathrooms.

1394331235202.jpg

I just had an Angry Orchards Cinnful cider with a shot of Fireball Whiskey - aka "Angry Balls" if you order it at a bar. I had it at home while I sat and watched the birdies eating their cat food (woodpeckers), peanuts (Stellars and Western Scrub Jays) and bird seed (everybody else!).

Onto a smuttynose durty.... Looked at 3 houses today... 1 had mold, 1 was a foreclosure and had no appliances and was completely Bare and 1 was nice but was appraised as 3 bedroom but really has one.... House hunting sucks

View attachment 184638
Second pour. This will greatly benefit from aging, tons of cinnamon right now. Still an awesome beer though.

Looks like motor oil! I've got a MZ that I'm tempted to crack open. Side by side with hunahpu would be sweet... *cough* trade *cough* when and if you're willing of course :)

Another two hearted. Playing old video games I downloaded to my Wii for $5 a pop. Legend of Zelda right now.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Looks like motor oil! I've got a MZ that I'm tempted to crack open. Side by side with hunahpu would be sweet... *cough* trade *cough* when and if you're willing of course :)

Haha, it is motor oil and the head is shockingly dark. Fresh, you wouldn't be able to tell that MZ is the base beer for Huna.
Since Florida loves to put all of their good beers in 750's, it costs me a crap-ton of money to do trades, so I will be slowly trading these out. Keep your eyes open and pm me in a month or two.

That's what I'm talking about!

I'm getting pretty buzzed off this 750 of Blvd RIS. #cheapdate

Haha... Stuff is 12%. No surprise. It set the tone for me tonight. Glad I didn't start into it until I was done running the power tools ...

MZ is awesome. The Boulevard is awesomererere.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394334653.589375.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394334670.695238.jpg
mustache-twisting d-bags disagree :D
I'm just being a homer. Who cares what BA says, they feed the hype. I haven't had the Boulevard, so I couldn't tell you. Even then, it wouldn't matter. Personal preference is everything.

View attachment 184650
View attachment 184651
mustache-twisting d-bags disagree :D
I'm just being a homer. Who cares what BA says, they feed the hype. I haven't had the Boulevard, so I couldn't tell you. Even then, it wouldn't matter. Personal preference is everything.

Don't get me wrong. Right now , I place those as the two best RIS I've ever had. Both are incredible beers. And there were several weeks between my tastings. But when I popped that Boulevard today... Damn.

Happy One Year Smoke Free to me! Well, technically tomorrow, but I've got stuff to do tomorrow night so I figured tonight was the night.

Celebrating in style, now that my sensory faculties have improved. My first time trying these three side by side. All very similar, but the differences are much more pronounced than I expected. The Westy also has well more than a year of aging, while the other two I picked up a few weeks ago. Of the three, Rochefort gets the bottom, and it's hard to pick a preference between the St. Bernardus and Westy. It's hard to separate out the unfair advantage of aging the Westy's got (because that gives it a major edge). If I'd aged them all, it'd probably be the St. Bernardus.

20140308_221246[1].jpg

20140308_221456[1].jpg

I can't attach a picture for some reason... But I'm drinking a hb common...

On a side note has anyone ever raised a beef cow? I had someone offer me a calf for real cheap and am thinking about it...my inlaws have the land and they said no problem.... Is it worth it?

Don't get me wrong. Right now , I place those as the two best RIS I've ever had. Both are incredible beers. And there were several weeks between my tastings. But when I popped that Boulevard today... Damn.

I've only had 1 Boulevard beer (LC3), and it was outstanding, so I could see that.

HB dry stout with the family in my grandmothers memory, been a rough weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Sloppy stout Saturday you say? Onto this. Session stout compared to the
Boulevard. Tasty though.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394336170.798931.jpg

Happy One Year Smoke Free to me! Well, technically tomorrow, but I've got stuff to do tomorrow night so I figured tonight was the night.

Celebrating in style, now that my sensory faculties have improved. My first time trying these three side by side. All very similar, but the differences are much more pronounced than I expected. The Westy also has well more than a year of aging, while the other two I picked up a few weeks ago. Of the three, Rochefort gets the bottom, and it's hard to pick a preference between the St. Bernardus and Westy. It's hard to separate out the unfair advantage of aging the Westy's got (because that gives it a major edge). If I'd aged them all, it'd probably be the St. Bernardus.

Nice! And interesting, never had Westy but had St. Bernardus last year on tap for the first time and was blown away. I thought no matter how good Westy is its gotta be close between the two.

Congrats man! I hope to be where you are one day... As you can attest its a bear to kick... I've tried so many different things to kick it... I'm moving into my gfs parents house the end of April and i think its exactly what i need to kick it... Again congrats friend... Here's to many more years smoke free for you

Back