What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad. Pretty sweet. I think 1 is enough
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392500453.606252.jpg

Summer Sun Swept Up Organic Munich Whiskey Barrel Russian Imperial Stout.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392501042.082554.jpg

I had a Rogue Shakespeare Stout extract kit that I wanted to bump up to 10 gallons so I asked my LHBS for help. They're all brewers and brew for the brewery from time to time. They bumped up the DME in beer smith and noticed the color never changed so they said not to add more steeping grains. Adding all that DME to about 3 lbs of steeping grains resulted in missing my OG by .040 (should be 1.090 but it is 1.050) and then the hops clogged my dip tube and as I was racking with a syphon I forgot to close the valve so once the clog was clear wort everywhere in my garage. Had a leak in my thermometer bulkhead so that was a mess to fix too. Then I thought I shook both vials of yeast but not well enough. I pitched and yeast was stuck in the vial so I had to figure that out. Just annoyed and I'm sure it has a little to do with my "friends" and probably not that I'll have a delicious brown ale, just not the 10 gallons of stout I wanted to have. Maybe I should quit brewing before I get hurt. Haha

I don't know, it sounds a bit wonky to me to miss the OG by .040 on an extract beer (I can see missing the color). What were the steeping grains?

I was there at 1055. Left at 11:15. You???

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Got there at 11:30. Left at 11:40.

You should've let me know and I wouldn't hit you off with some home brews, man.

Another Coriolis.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392504066.528224.jpg

Rocking out to Stevie B right now. NYC sheet.

Goose Island - Sofie. Im really impressed with this one. I wish I was disciplined enough to save some to age!!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Home Brew mobile app

1392505318029.jpg

Having a 4th and last pour from the growler of scotch ale after a taste of warm black velvet toasted caramel and heavy cream. That would make a great nightcap!

Back