What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo edit

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389923716.340673.jpg

Vanilla Buffalo Sweat better be good. 'Cause the regular Buffalo Sweat is about on-par with Guinness.

I just got some Bell's Porter, and some New Holland Cabin Fever Brown Ale. Both very good IMO.

Had a Ten Fidy(canned in Nov) and an aged(accidentally) Sam Adams Octoberfest (still drinkable, unlike a lot of them after a month or so) for dinner before a 12 hour fast for an overdue physical at the doctors. Sitting here living vicariously through you all and watching Solomon Kane on Netflix. Cheers all.

my Meh Pils. was watching Hellboy, but 3 y/o wanted Sponge Bob. guess who won...

I get to watch whatever I want whenever I want.....as long as it's after everyone else goes to sleep. ;)
There's a constant rotation going on here of Spongebob, Dora, Monsters Inc, Rio, and some sort of Leap Frog ABCs movie.

HAha wow man, stick to scotch if you really think that

I don't skimp when it comes to scotch.

I remember having a Buffalo Sweat. Good but not great beer. I think the name makes people feel the beer is better than what it actually is. Now, where the flocc is the vanilla?

I remember having a Buffalo Sweat. Good but not great beer. I think the name makes people feel the beer is better than what it actually is. Now, where the flocc is the vanilla?

Its way better than Guinness though, that was just a ridiculous statement.

Scotch is certainly a drink I don't think always gets better with price. I will take a mid priced single malt over a high end blend any day. But I'm a very casual scotch drinker. A fifth will last me 6 months to a year. I have an untouched bottle of Johnny Blue from Christmas 2012, actually.

I'm not gonna lie, the Noir is pretty freakin good. But I bet what you have there is as well. Not sure if we'll see any of that in TX.

Yeah I got no complaints with this one.

Have plenty of these though and only one Noir.

That and the fact that the Noir spent the past 48 hours bouncing around the back of a fedex truck makes me want to let it rest, at least for tonight. ;)

Its way better than Guinness though, that was just a ridiculous statement.

Don't worry about me - my palate just stinks. I drink Busch Light on the daily.

Scotch is certainly a drink I don't think always gets better with price. I will take a mid priced single malt over a high end blend any day. But I'm a very casual scotch drinker. A fifth will last me 6 months to a year. I have an untouched bottle of Johnny Blue from Christmas 2012, actually.

Price is not a great indicator. One of my favorite scotches is Highland Park 18 which is about $100. Do some research on it and you'll find it's one of the best scotches in the world. All I ever have purchased are single-malt. I don't flocc around with bootleg stuff.

Ridire said:

You should trade in that pricey blend johnny blue to me. Ill gladly give you two mid priced single malts for it. :ban:.

I enjoy an occasional scotch. Try lagavulin 18. Hoo boy that $hit'll smoke you out 6 ways from sundee.

Oban 12 is pretty good as well. Def on the other end of the spectrum though.

Don't worry about me - my palate just stinks. I drink Busch Light on the daily.

Price is not a great indicator. One of my favorite scotches is Highland Park 18 which is about $100. Do some research on it and you'll find it's one of the best scotches in the world. All I ever have purchased are single-malt. I don't flocc around with bootleg stuff.

Agreed. The bottle of Blue probably goes for about $250 in these parts. I'll take the 18 year old bottle of Glenlevit that cost me less than half that.

Drinking my first ever Lagunitas Sucks, which is deliciously citrusy, and hoppy. One hell of a beer. Cannot believe it took me this long to try it, what with all of you speaking so highly of it. Thanks for showing me the way, glad I bought some.:mug:

I get to watch whatever I want whenever I want.....as long as it's after everyone else goes to sleep. ;)
There's a constant rotation going on here of Spongebob, Dora, Monsters Inc, Rio, and some sort of Leap Frog ABCs movie.

we weren't even through one episode & he wanted Despicable Me 2. hahahaa!!

Had an apfelwein when I got home. Over a year old at this point and still is mediocre. 11+%. My cider this year came out so well with no added sugar that I think I'll stick with that plan in the future.

Now the last of my 3711 pumpkin.

Back