What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another day passes and another year older. One more year closer to actually having an excuse for why I'm a cranky old man. ;)
Been working on the house all day after getting home from work and finally able to sit down for a few minutes before bed and repeating tomorrow. I'm drinking a concoction I made with my home mixed agave liqueur, lemonade and lime juice.

If that's an obtuse attempt at saying it's your bday, happy bday.

Spent some time staring at bottles, ended up with a Frankenwild. I though using all my Orval bottles would keep me out of the small bottles, but it hasn't worked. Hopefuly I don't tear through the 750s as fast.

Might have to go get another fermenter tomorrow. I really like brewing on NYE.

Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout. Drinking one, saving 3 for next Christmas! Best part is, its already a year old!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388463848.096991.jpg

Well you kinda have to since you got two :D Nothing amazing but a solid IIPA from KS

I could trade it ;), but it will wind up in my belly...

Anyone have any experience with goose island Pepe Nero 2012. Bottle shop near me just put some bombers out and I'm wondering if I should grab some...

Tech is killing AZ State.. I like

If that's an obtuse attempt at saying it's your bday, happy bday.

Spent some time staring at bottles, ended up with a Frankenwild. I though using all my Orval bottles would keep me out of the small bottles, but it hasn't worked. Hopefuly I don't tear through the 750s as fast.

Might have to go get another fermenter tomorrow. I really like brewing on NYE.

Yes it is my bday. I don't celebrate or do anything special on them. Thus the lack of drunken posts from me today. ;)

View attachment 168913
Save the Cave by Freetail Brewing Co. $5 a bottle goes towards saving the bat population in San Antonio. Has a slight wit flavor with a small amount of head. Very drinkable beer

When did Freetail start bottling? And where can I buy it? I was in San Antonio about a month ago, but couldn't talk anyone else in the group into going there for a couple of rounds.

just had a sample of my Amarillo Pale Ale as I kegged it up, pretty tasty. Good way to break up a very very slow morning working from home :)

Another day passes and another year older. One more year closer to actually having an excuse for why I'm a cranky old man. ;)
Been working on the house all day after getting home from work and finally able to sit down for a few minutes before bed and repeating tomorrow. I'm drinking a concoction I made with my home mixed agave liqueur, lemonade and lime juice.

Happy Birthday (a few hours late)! :ban:

Coffee ... with my early start I should only need to work until noon-ish today, and that suits me just fine!

When did Freetail start bottling? And where can I buy it? I was in San Antonio about a month ago, but couldn't talk anyone else in the group into going there for a couple of rounds.

I think they always bottled but very little. I think you can only get it at the brewpub right now. Last year they bought a bottling line and I think. They are opening another location soon. Originally in Houston but that failed.

Another Coff. Not smoking ribs today as my smoker is full of water (got in from the rain) and coals at the bottom are completely frozen in a sludgy mess.

Looking forward to having a few beers outside while I stack some wood. It's only 14F.

I could trade it ;), but it will wind up in my belly...

Anyone have any experience with goose island Pepe Nero 2012. Bottle shop near me just put some bombers out and I'm wondering if I should grab some...

Tech is killing AZ State.. I like

When I had one it was just ok IMO, wasn't really a fan and not something I would pay for personally.

Drinking coffee like it's my job

1388504550422.jpg

When I had one it was just ok IMO, wasn't really a fan and not something I would pay for personally.
Thanks for the feedback - especially after my AZ state comment :).

Spending $10 on a bomber wouldn't kill me, but if its not any good, why bother. Maybe if they put it into the 1/2 price bin...

On the 3rd cup of coffee...

Thanks for the feedback - especially after my AZ state comment :).

Spending $10 on a bomber wouldn't kill me, but if its not any good, why bother. Maybe if they put it into the 1/2 price bin...

On the 3rd cup of coffee...

My ex works at ASU, they can stick that fork up their hiney hole for all I care :fro:

Drinking coffee like it's my job

Yeah, it's okay. Not $10 okay, though.

Edit: This app sure does like to quote the wrong post. I meant to quote the response to this post.

What are you making? The few times I've used rice hulls it seems you need very little, so half a pound can probably take care of 3-4 pounds of wheat.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

What are you making? The few times I've used rice hulls it seems you need very little, so half a pound can probably take care of 3-4 pounds of wheat.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

It is a dunkelweizen with 6 lbs of white wheat

Back