What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a glass of water, now on the coff. Holy crap did I drink a lot last night. A growler of 9.5% beer, two Flower Powers (7%), two Celebrations (6.8%), two Little Sumpin Sumpins (7.5%) and three to four fingers of knock off moonshine (80 proof).

Had a glass of water, now on the coff. Holy crap did I drink a lot last night. A growler of 9.5% beer, two Flower Powers (7%), two Celebrations (6.8%), two Little Sumpin Sumpins (7.5%) and three to four fingers of knock off moonshine (80 proof).

Damn, you bet me by a mile. Although I have a client brunch I'm about to attend so I knew not to get too crazy. I had a hipster pale ale, arrogant bastard on tap, chain breaker IPA, dirt wolf IIPA and a vanilla buffalo sweat for a night cap. Felt like a week night

three to four fingers of knock off moonshine (80 proof).

This makes less sense than whoever said they think the SEC won't win the National Chanmpionship this year.

Pulled a yo-yo mash. Haven't done that in a while. Thermometer was saying I was over by 10 so I kept stirring. Didn't budge and was about the same all over mash tun, so I added some room temp water. Stirred a bunch. Still over. More water. Stirred a bunch, now I'm in mid 140s instead of low 150s. I don't think mash temp makes that much of a difference so I'm not worried, just a little annoyed. I guess I should have some more tea and wait on beer 'til the guys coming over to brew show up.

Had some coffee and now some blood orange/white peppercorn saison while prepping the system

ForumRunner_20131214_092024.jpg

Water. Going on my second day without any soda. I would usually be on my second coke by now today.

Since it's bourbon season, my first wort & whiskey. I don't know how you guys drink these with first runnings, but with the final runnings I took a grav sample on (1.028) and 4 roses SB, this is pretty tasty. Aroma reminds me of Oerbier, I hope I can say the same for finished beer.

image-2641348596.jpg

TNGabe said:
Way to go man!

Thanks. Yesterday sucked. I think my headache was from withdrawals. It usually happens when I try to get off soda for a bit. It finally eased up last night when I made some coffee and got some caffeine in my system. Headache is back today. I love coke, but I drink way too much of it and not as much water as I should.

Euphoria from mhurst. Pretty damn good.

Brew day, and it's ****ing cold. I wouldn't have brewed but my grain was crushed last Friday and I doubt I'll have time after today to brew.

image-154192062.jpg

Finally working my way up wrting to chapter 3,I decided to have a labatt's bly 24ox'r or two & some vodka for a change. Some kinda limited adition olympic cans or other. got the 1st two out of three. They'll go into my collection,so that years from now,folks will se a good cross swection of the beers from this period. Ha,guess the story is still on my mind. Had to take a break & make a pot of seasoned grits. Good day for grits-n-beer for a late lunch.

Euphoria from mhurst. Pretty damn good.

Brew day, and it's ****ing cold. I wouldn't have brewed but my grain was crushed last Friday and I doubt I'll have time after today to brew.

How does that compare to Modus Hoperandi?

I'll definitely let the other bottle I have age a few more years, but damn tasty.

image-1116656421.jpg

Boom. Scored some coffee stout today. Have a possible line on a few barleywines that might be coming in on monday as well. Cant wait to try one of these tomorrow night.

And some scotty too hotty since i finished my last one last night.

image-1121704512.jpg

Some HB saison one of the few bottled beers I have. Watching the snow fly and letting the dog in and out, I don't think she wants out but knows she'll get a rub down each time.

IMG_0943.jpg

MrNic said:
How does that compare to Modus Hoperandi?
unfortunately, I've never had it.

ChefRex said:
Some HB saison one of the few bottled beers I have. Watching the snow fly and letting the dog in and out, I don't think she wants out but knows she'll get a rub down each time.

I'll take a rub down each time I go out in the snow. :ban:

Last one, Tumbler.
Just put my hops in about 15 minutes ago, I've been cleaning the garage while brewing making for a very productive brew day.

image-3104548104.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Finished the torturous task ok cleaning and sorting the toys ... I really need this!
How is Stillwater offerings? I see bomber bottles at my shop but never buy. The labels are cool

Back