What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now for something completely different.
ForumRunner_20131209_181751.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
And now for something completely different.

I love that stuff. I have one or two coming to me from my mom this week.

I took a sample from my keg of my IPA. Citra dry hops, Centennial for the late boil. Magnum for the full boil. Wow. OG 1.070, FG 1.012.

WesleyS said:
I only have one bottle of that. With all the boozy comments I've seen, I'll probably wait a while before opening it.
I can send you a bottle so you can try now and then later. I don't know if it will get better though IMO

My 2nd oatmeal pale ale.

Came in at 6%. Hopped to 60ibus with Amarillo Columbus and galaxy

Only been in the keg since Saturday, but 2 days at 40 psi carbed it nicely.

ForumRunner_20131209_195701.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
I live in rural MN (as I'm constantly told). good beers can be few & far between at times.

Everything west of Chicago = rural to me.

I have the most insane buzz. I'd even wish this on my worst enemy.

finsfan said:
Per marks advice, such an amazing ipa while bottling yoopers hoppy amber ale :D

Smells great. Tastes ok. Solid beer!!!!!?!

I can send you a bottle so you can try now and then later. I don't know if it will get better though IMO

You have extra woot stout?

I'm drinking Nukebrewer's Oatmeal Stout. It is damn smooth and delicious. Thanks man! When did you brew/bottle? It's easy drinking for sure.

Everything west of Chicago = rural to me.

I have the most insane buzz. I'd even wish this on my worst enemy.

Outside of the Chicago area, the Bay Area, and Southern CA, I'd say anything off of the 95 corridor and further north than the Boston burbs and further south than the DC burbs is pretty rural.

MrNickVT said:

I'd be down for that if I was able to do any trading right now. Sadly I'll have to wait a month or so before I can even think about it. This whole project on my house is killing my bank account.

My fourth Dales Pale. Watching Bourne Supremacy. Does anyone else find Julia Stiles attractive in a plain girl kind of way? What ever happened to her? Last I remember she was on some Dexter episodes.

i want to try 2.0

Well, I just bottled it up this past Thursday. I'll make sure to get a couple bottles in the mail for you soon. Unfortunately I won't be able send any real Gandhi for comparison this time. It's all dried up while they move to a new, larger brewery.

New one for me. A little on the sweet side for me, but I like it all the same.

20131209_200500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

kevinv said:
Prairie Bomb!

Did you get that today or earlier? Tried several places today and all were sold out, many said within an hour or so after getting it. Ah well, wasn't meant to be I guess.

InityBrew said:
My 2nd oatmeal pale ale. Came in at 6%. Hopped to 60ibus with Amarillo Columbus and galaxy Only been in the keg since Saturday, but 2 days at 40 psi carbed it nicely.
Wouldnt these specs make it an IPA?

nukebrewer said:
Well, I just bottled it up this past Thursday. I'll make sure to get a couple bottles in the mail for you soon. Unfortunately I won't be able send any real Gandhi for comparison this time. It's all dried up while they move to a new, larger brewery. New one for me. A little on the sweet side for me, but I like it all the same. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/11299716373/ 20131209_200500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I have a can still. I can compare all 3. I mean, for science.

Had da... Night Cat from Two brothers which is a "hoppy dark wheat beer", has a nice citra hop aroma and flavor but I dont think it jives with the beer style much altogether- which I get that its really a kind of experimental style-love the hop profile/bitterness but not overall taste.

Also half a bomber of a Left Hand Warrior IPA could be from last year I dont know but its still good and like I remembered it,seems like its from this year-(fairly fresh maybe) (couldnt make out the bottle date on it)- its said wet hopping causes mild aroma but since trying this that is not the case in this beer really. I like the ipa in general though, has that strong roasty/toasty maltiness with it as well as good hop flavor yet,and being on the warm shelf this year or last it still seems to have a pretty hoppy aroma really.
And cant forget just having a last Ruthless rye-goodbye Ruthless see you next year.

Back