What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to break into one of my Bruery Rueze tonight with some surf and turf. Deliciously tart and just the tiniest hints of oak.

ForumRunner_20131208_185943.png

I don't know what cut teeth means but I really don't know what BIAB is. I wasn't trying to be funny.

I missed the original post, but BIAB is Brew In A Bag. You can use a mesh bag instead of a mash tun for all grain brewing. I've only done it once using a big bag I got along with some carboys from a home wine hobbyist. Personally, I didn't think it was any easier than using a mash tun.

I missed the original post, but BIAB is Brew In A Bag. You can use a mesh bag instead of a mash tun for all grain brewing. I've only done it once using a big bag I got along with some carboys from a home wine hobbyist. Personally, I didn't think it was any easier than using a mash tun.

Oh, that makes sense. Now it seems so clear. Thanks!

Decided to break into one of my Bruery Rueze tonight with some surf and turf. Deliciously tart and just the tiniest hints of oak.

Your crab would plate much better with the red side up, I had to double take to see what it was, and I assume by now it was and now I'm hungry again!

I answered you question in a previous post. So what is a pinyatta?:p

I must have missed it. Going on many beers tonight. Not sure I'm spelling it right but, pinyatta is the Mexican party favor that a blindfolded person swings a bat at. When hit hard enough, it bursts open and releases prizes that are stuffed inside. Most often candy (for children) but I was thinking beer for this place. :)

Decided to sample one of my deception stouts that aren't suppose to be ready til Christmas. Very tasty!

View attachment 164785

Hopefully yelp has hooked us up again. Only
Anglos here is a good sign. They have pupusas. I'm stoked.

While yesterday was no correction day(which was awesome by the way), I'm not a mind reader. Your post could easily be interpreted in the way I said it could have been, jokingly. I agree with you now that i know you aren't a racist. :D It is always a good sign when you see people who are from the place where the food originated.

Your crab would plate much better with the red side up, I had to double take to see what it was, and I assume by now it was and now I'm hungry again!

Yeah, realized that right after dinner when I went to look at the picture. My plating and photography skills leave a little something to be desired; waste of a good opportunity but still pretty damn tasty!

I must have missed it. Going on many beers tonight. Not sure I'm spelling it right but, pinyatta is the Mexican party favor that a blindfolded person swings a bat at. When hit hard enough, it bursts open and releases prizes that are stuffed inside. Most often candy (for children) but I was thinking beer for this place. :)

Not the way I spell it but then again I don't speak spanish.
Drunk myself as I caused the miscommunication.I was, and am drinking a Belgium IPA.
Cheers:tank:

Now that I read Gabes post again while I'm sober it makes a little more sense. He was saying that his party accounted for the only Anglos in there. Last night I read it as "there are only Anglos in this place which is good."

:smack:

Drank some samples while kegging a strawberry blonde as well as a citra blonde base for a strawberry kiwi pineapple blonde, and now having a hb banana bread ale after a successful brew day. Got to use my wort chiller for the first time today and man does it speed things up!

ForumRunner_20131208_222747.jpg

Giving winter the finger and opening up some Anchorage saison. Always have a hard time ranking their beers every one manages to blow me away

ForumRunner_20131208_192917.png

wobrien said:
Now that I read Gabes post again while I'm sober it makes a little more sense. He was saying that his party accounted for the only Anglos in there. Last night I read it as "there are only Anglos in this place which is good."

I butchered that post. Haha. Guess the bcbs is already messing with me. I quoted myself.

I knew thats what he meant or couldve meant, i just wrote it messing around. My whole point was that it couldve also been read in the way i jokingly said it couldve been. Regardless of my reading comprehension skills. Haha im just glad someone else could see the humor in it.

While yesterday was no correction day(which was awesome by the way), I'm not a mind reader. Your post could easily be interpreted in the way I said it could have been, jokingly. I agree with you now that i know you aren't a racist. :D It is always a good sign when you see people who are from the place where the food originated.

Nah, you just read it wrong. :D I'm too lazy to find it. I'd had 6 oz of 100 proof bourbon when I posted. But I'm sure I'm right. :D:D:D Sure I'm not a reverse racist? We went to a Vietnamese place for lunch friday and I was worried cause there was a skinny jeans couple in there.

Ok, I said it took a lot to make me mad online, but I'm pretty pissed Dave. I want a couple bahn mi, but I'd settle for tacos, and I have neither. I'd had bahn mi style stuff at hipster places before, but house made pate, fresh baguette, the bahn mi topping, 3.25?!?!?!?!?!? for a maybe 8" sandwich, had a bbq bahn mi too so split those and bamboo shoot soup with duck and all the side stuff to throw in. Not that anyone cares, but dammit I'm hungry now. Went to family style place that serves fried chicken with breakfast, too.

In case you couldn't tell, think I've had a few since I got home. Farmhouse pale, nother frankenwild, cream ale, and maybe a smidge of four roses SB since the last pic. :tank:

Last night was one of the collectively drunkest nights the thread has seen.

Giving winter the finger and opening up some Anchorage saison. Always have a hard time ranking their beers every one manages to blow me away

I'm really trying to quit trading but…..the two new beers coming out really blow the wind up my skirt.

Edit: I spell like Nizzle when I'm :drunk:

Nah, you just read it wrong. :D I'm too lazy to find it. I'd had 6 oz of 100 proof bourbon when I posted. But I'm sure I'm right. :D:D:D Sure I'm not a reverse racist? We went to a Vietnamese place for lunch friday and I was worried cause there was a skinny jeans couple in there.

Ok, I said it took a lot to make me mad online, but I'm pretty pissed Dave. I want a couple bahn mi, but I'd settle for tacos, and I have neither. I'd had bahn mi style stuff at hipster places before, but house made pate, fresh baguette, the bahn mi topping, 3.25?!?!?!?!?!? for a maybe 8" sandwich, had a bbq bahn mi too so split those and bamboo shoot soup with duck and all the side stuff to throw in. Not that anyone cares, but dammit I'm hungry now. Went to family style place that serves fried chicken with breakfast, too.

In case you couldn't tell, think I've had a few since I got home. Farmhouse pale, nother frankenwild, cream ale, and maybe a smidge of four roses SB since the last pic. :tank:
Thanks, now I'm REAL hungry!:mug:

First one of these I thought was ok, but the one Im drinking now is crap to me. Its average, dont bother. Even more bothered its from NY and not Chicago being Im only a few hrs away from Chicago. Whatever AB/INBev or what ever it is now. Pftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.............. the executives may have not delivered on this one. Highly disapointed in my six pack of this mehness.

10 hills.jpg

Here it is. Cheers! Hope the vietnamese was good.

I can't believe you let me bust your balls into finding that. :D No misconstruing that, looks like I sent it from my local neo nazi rally! I guess the post was stream on concisousness and/or I was drunk.:drunk: You get your gold star back and another gold star for searching.

The Vietnamese was crazy good. Sandwiches are probably my favorite kind of food and the 'traditional' is on my transcendental sandwich list. Extremely rich without being heavy.

ForumRunner_20131208_230347.jpg

It's sideways, but damn it's good. OHB Event Horizon. Need to pick up some more to sit for a year.

TNGabe said:
I can't believe you let me bust your balls into finding that. :D No misconstruing that, looks like I sent it from my local neo nazi rally! I guess the post was stream on concisousness and/or I was drunk.:drunk: You get your gold star back and another gold star for searching.

The Vietnamese was crazy good. Sandwiches are probably my favorite kind of food and the 'traditional' is on my transcendental sandwich list. Extremely rich without being heavy.

I found it before you said you didnt want to look for it. It was in the same post which you quoted me from. It only took me 3 hours. Totally worth it!

Haven't seen you in a while. How ya been? Did you do James Beard House dinner?

Get the EH at Vintner? Haven't gotten any yet, going to try to Weds.

ForumRunner_20131208_231230.jpg

Vintner yes. And try this from NoDa. Wow. Fresh, it beats the Heady I got in NYC.
Kicked ass at Beard House, been in the weeds ever since. Holidays suck.

NewWestBrewer said:
Moose Drool, Firestone Wookey Jack, and Avery DuganA.

All fine beers.

Is wookey year round? Its been a while since i had one. So good i need to get another bottle.

Went to cap off the night with some dessert. Although its a little overly sweet I really pike the yam profile that comes though; I thought it was a bit of a gimmick (like most of their holiday beers) but with a little aging I think this one could really grow on me

ForumRunner_20131208_220851.png

Leubega said:
Went to cap off the night with some dessert. Although its a little overly sweet I really pike the yam profile that comes though; I thought it was a bit of a gimmick (like most of their holiday beers) but with a little aging I think this one could really grow on me

How much does that run you in CA? Because I tell you man the prices for bruery stuff is ridiculous here in Ny. I couldn't pull the trigger. $26 for one 750 of a seasonal seemed nuts to me when I saw it.

TNGabe said:

So you were pissed or happy? I'm sober and my reading comprehension is still lacking apparently

And 3.25 sounds like a great deal for a good banh mi with house made pate. I'd be there all the time

Airport coffee

Back