What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally!!!

image-3494472803.jpg

Chilling my next turkey day treat hoping this football game gets better. In the mean time, a piece of Little Caesars pizza from last nights dinner. Because.

Now enjoying this.

GI joliet while playing cards against humanity drunk

I played that for the first time with my brother and his friends while I was in Texas. Not unlike Apples to Apples, but better and awesome while drunk.

Also had Juliet while I was in Texas while hanging out with a buddy of mine at World of Beer in Katy. Excellent beer and I think I will be buying a bottle so I can add the dregs to my sour.

I've really been itching to try my hand at frying a turkey. If I may ask, how big was that bird? Also, how do you know when it's done? Do you pull it up periodically to check the internal temp? TIA..

Anyhow...
I've been decking the halls and all that jazz.
5 hours after stuffing my fat face my stomach has finally settled down enough to have a beer, so I'm drinking my Imperial Pumpkin Ale.

Gobble till ya wobble friends!

It was the easiest thing ever. Just keep the oil at 350 as steady as you can and cook for 3 1/2 mins per pound. This bad boy was just over 16 pounds so it took just under 1hr from raw to perfectly cooked. The best thing about it is no testing or checking or basting. Put it in, set the timer, keep the gas on to maintain 350, pull it out, let it rest for 45-60 mins and carve it up.

Super moist, crisp skin and not greasy or oily at all. I may never bake one again.

It was the easiest thing ever. Just keep the oil at 350 as steady as you can and cook for 3 1/2 mins per pound. This bad boy was just over 16 pounds so it took just under 1hr from raw to perfectly cooked. The best thing about it is no testing or checking or basting. Put it in, set the timer, keep the gas on to maintain 350, pull it out, let it rest for 45-60 mins and carve it up.

Super moist, crisp skin and not greasy or oily at all. I may never bake one again.
Thanks a lot! I will be trying this soon!

I think it's turkey sandwich time.
:ban:

I love turkey sammiches! And turkey tacos, and turkey enchiladas, and turkey monte cristo's, and, and.....

It's a winter warmer basically and I call it winter wonder ale because I wonder where the spices are that I brewed with (orange, brown sugar, cinnamon).
Or were you just being funny?

Being "funny" due to the lack of snow in the background haha.
Onto some mad elf after a long drive home through some light snow...at least the kids slept on the drive

SupervisingChildren said:
Being "funny" due to the lack of snow in the background haha. Onto some mad elf after a long drive home through some light snow...at least the kids slept on the drive
Yeah. No snow in NC, yet.

I played that for the first time with my brother and his friends while I was in Texas. Not unlike Apples to Apples, but better and awesome while drunk.

Also had Juliet while I was in Texas while hanging out with a buddy of mine at World of Beer in Katy. Excellent beer and I think I will be buying a bottle so I can add the dregs to my sour.

It's an awesome game. You can't go back to apple to apples after this game.

I'm really enjoying juliet. Got it 20% off. Yummy

Thanks a lot! I will be trying this soon!

I love turkey sammiches! And turkey tacos, and turkey enchiladas, and turkey monte cristo's, and, and.....

Just do a little research on it as well. There's a few safety things to consider. Like be sure to completely thaw the bird, have the right amount of oil, etc. I had no trouble at all but there are plenty of YouTube videos of things going wrong.

Just do a little research on it as well. There's a few safety things to consider. Like be sure to completely thaw the bird, have the right amount of oil, etc. I had no trouble at all but there are plenty of YouTube videos of things going wrong.

Thanks! I have indeed read up on the safety stuff a few times. I also do plan on checking out a few videos and reading up some more. Did you inject yours with anything, or just au natural?

Now I'm drinking a homebrewed vanilla stout..

IMG-20131128-00513 (2).jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Re-read that. Not a big fan. :( I wanted more cherry flavor (in any way.)

Haha, wouldn't be the first time I misread a post.
I actually really like it. It has more of a tart cherry flavor than a sweet one.

Homebrews in this order: German IPA III, 2011 Unlabeled Amber,Pliny clone(light) 2% abv off screwup-highly recommend to brew it and screw it up like me,you cant lose. I feel fat thanksgiving. And now a red ipa,more like copper/light amber. Solid homebrew night as enjoyable as great commercial craft beer. 2 more than intended,oh well. Too much nice latley,not enough naughty I guess. Im thankfull for homebrew. Thank you, homebrew.
Ba damn my will power. Mama. And then.. My kitchen sink brew with a bunch of dark malts,really is coming to now that its been about 6 months I think, I was kinda worried about it getting worse but seems to be good and actully a nice accident turned great. Well 4 beers in, maybe Im not so shure about that, but IM still pretty shure-thats for shure. Ive noticed my homebrew always has better head than commercial bottled beer 9 times out of ten,its not a coincidence anymore.

Thanks! I have indeed read up on the safety stuff a few times. I also do plan on checking out a few videos and reading up some more. Did you inject yours with anything, or just au natural?

Now I'm drinking a homebrewed vanilla stout..

The bird was au natural but I intentionally cooked some wings and corn dogs in the oil a few days earlier to give it a little flavor. Not very noticeable though.

jak1010 said:
The bird was au natural but I intentionally cooked some wings and corn dogs in the oil a few days earlier to give it a little flavor. Not very noticeable though.

We always coat the whole bird in Tony Chachere's seasoning before frying it. Gives it a nice flavor and seasons the oil nicely too.

We always coat the whole bird in Tony Chachere's seasoning before frying it. Gives it a nice flavor and seasons the oil nicely too.

Oh, I will be trying this. Love brewing and cooking. So many variables to try. And I get to drink and eat the good, great and sometimes terrible.

Popped another Celebration.

Drunkin Punkin. Calling it quits after this. I've got a long day ahead of me. Waking up relatively early to brew, going to get my hunting license during the mash, going to scout out some spots for hunting Saturday morning after I finish brewing, and baking some cookies for second Thanksgiving Saturday afternoon.

Water while I spend money I shouldn't. COD ghosts for my nephew that was $20 off and a keg. It was $35, tough to pass up.

Hello said:
Water while I spend money I shouldn't. COD ghosts for my nephew that was $20 off and a keg. It was $35, tough to pass up.

Just ordered 5, three piece ball valves from AIH For 9.99 each. :rockin:

Now if only a HERMS coil would go on sale....

FermentNEthinG said:
Just ordered 5, three piece ball valves from AIH For 9.99 each. :rockin: Now if only a HERMS coil would go on sale....
What are you doing with them?

San Francisco's Moonlight Brewing Death and Taxes Black Beer
It has excellent lacing and a thick creamy head. Notes of coffee and possibly oak, with a huge chocolate character.

image-2454775820.jpg

image-600965656.jpg

Back