What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kicking it old skool!!!

ForumRunner_20131128_182145.jpg

Making Clark Griswald happy while enjoying a UNITA punk'n looks like all good for this year. Also forgot to post my morning beer of founders breakfast stout that I had at 11am

image-1119721047.jpg

I totally think I meant to post this and didn't. HB toasted coconut stout.

A neighbor interrupted (with lovely intentions) brew day so the second batch got started a bit late. It also threw off the calculated day of brewing, cooking/eating turkey dinner, and brewing. But still, I got to eat, dishes are done, about to cool my wort and then I am sure to relax. I am pretty spent.

Had a Brown Sugga, shared with my neighbor. **** that is delicious! bummer that I was limited to one 6 pack. Also had an apfelwein and my winter wonder ale. Washed it down with bacon wrapped turkey breast, cheese biscuits, stuffing, corn, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.
1424313_10153502969235104_1624684569_n.jpg

It was more me feeling bad you didn't have anywhere to go on thanksgiving. If you're happy, then I'm happy!

And I agree, that a nice pic! The beer match the pic?
well I'm not going to lie, I'd rather be with people but to keep my mind occupied I brewed. It is a huge help to be busy. But still, I wanted to be very busy today and I succeeded so that pleases me. :eek:
Nice picture.
Thanks. Camera + iPhone.
Where's the winter part?
A little brown shugga while letting the dog out, then driving to the outlaws to see the kids and feast. Damn work getting in the way of early drinking!
It's a winter warmer basically and I call it winter wonder ale because I wonder where the spices are that I brewed with (orange, brown sugar, cinnamon).
Or were you just being funny?

Glad to see everybody enjoying the beers they love for turkey day! I'm enjoying a post thanksgiving day meal Mad Elf myself! Homer beer! Gonna go see the other grandma and then prepare to roast some raven! Go Stillers!!

On a related note, I heard Tony Romo tried to throw a Thanksgiving Day party last night. Sadly it was intercepted. ;)

Hello said:
I totally think I meant to post this and didn't. HB toasted coconut stout.

A neighbor interrupted (with lovely intentions) brew day so the second batch got started a bit late. It also threw off the calculated day of brewing, cooking/eating turkey dinner, and brewing. But still, I got to eat, dishes are done, about to cool my wort and then I am sure to relax. I am pretty spent.

Had a Brown Sugga, shared with my neighbor. **** that is delicious! bummer that I was limited to one 6 pack. Also had an apfelwein and my winter wonder ale. Washed it down with bacon wrapped turkey breast, cheese biscuits, stuffing, corn, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.

Once again, great pic! Glad to see your brew day worked out good in the end. :)

FermentNEthinG said:
How do you like it? Does the maple come through well? I been eyeing the bottles I have debating on cracking one.

Dude, we need to do another trade sometime cuz I really enjoyed those brews you sent me last time!

From 2 Saturdays ago at a Friendsgiving gathering. Under 1hr from raw to perfectly cooked.

I've really been itching to try my hand at frying a turkey. If I may ask, how big was that bird? Also, how do you know when it's done? Do you pull it up periodically to check the internal temp? TIA..

Anyhow...
I've been decking the halls and all that jazz.
5 hours after stuffing my fat face my stomach has finally settled down enough to have a beer, so I'm drinking my Imperial Pumpkin Ale.

Gobble till ya wobble friends!

IMG-20131128-00508 (2).jpg

WesleyS said:
Once again, great pic! Glad to see your brew day worked out good in the end. :)
It did. I couldn't make my IC last night because I couldn't find a pipe bender. But I'm cooling wort of the second batch now. I have to bottle my Christmas brew but I am spent tonight.

Enjoying a FCB double chocolate stout. It's more roasty chocolate. I want to brew a double chocolate stout soon.

image-5188823.jpg

Hello said:
It did. I couldn't make my IC last night because I couldn't find a pipe bender. But I'm cooling wort of the second batch now. I have to bottle my Christmas brew but I am spent tonight.

Enjoying a FCB double chocolate stout. It's more roasty chocolate. I want to brew a double chocolate stout soon.

I didn't buy a pipe bender when I made mine. To make the 90 degree bends, I used a beer bottle to help keep the inside of the bend from kinking and slowly worked the pipe around it until I got the angle I wanted. Then I bent the remainder around a corny keg to make the coil shape. It worked out pretty good, but I can't "recommend" the beer bottle bending method I used because I wouldn't want anyone to end up kinking their pipe on my recommendation. Use that method at your own risk. ;)

I need to brew another chocolate beer again. My last one was a Smoked Chocolate Porter. It turned out great. I need to brew it again.

image-3035605845.jpg

Turkey Day pounders. Saving the good beers for Sunday, that's when we bottle the wedding RIS for my friends groomsmen gift.

mcbaumannerb said:
My least favorite from Bells ... and starting on water so I'm not a total waste tomorrow...

One of my favorites from them too. Such a great beer!

FermentNEthinG said:
Anytime man! I really liked the voodoo love child. :mug:

There's more where that came from! They just started their hashtag series and the second brew in it is a Saison. I haven't tried it yet, but I anticipate it to be a good one!

Had a couple of beers from Saranac with dinner which was fantastic, my turkey came out awesome and was mostly consumed. I'm fat and bloated. Great day with family, 30 plus in attendance.
My belgium IPA, slowly.

Back