What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bell's Cherry Stout on nitro tap.

image-3499954207.jpg

Hill Farmstead - Abner
Gabe I moved the snr for you :)

I take it you've started packing my box then? :D You interested in white chocolate moo hoo if I can track one down? Event Horizon might be out this week as well.

I always take those shows with a grain of salt but I still enjoy listening to them. I learned a while back the only thing thats gonna tell me when my beer is perfect is me. Just like any chef will tell you, you aint gonna get anywhere unless the first person your cooking for is you

I didn't mean idiots about beer. I just meant idiots in general. Occasionally entertaining, but mostly just whiney and/or bigoted.

More St. George English IPA.

And I may not have room for a deep freezer or a kegerator or the ability to use propane or grow hops or any of that fancy pants stuff you have, and my rent for a small 1 BR apartment is probably more than some of your mortgages, but at least I can convince myself I've got a view. Hah.

Good luck with that. ;) I'm ok with barns and cows being my view, though I'm looking forward to buying some land up in the hills and just being able to see trees.

Homemade apple wine. Super tart tangy with lots of alcohol heat!!! Won't make it the same next year, and I have 3 gallons of this mess

image-2101057274.jpg

TNGabe said:
I take it you've started packing my box then? :D You interested in white chocolate moo hoo if I can track one down? Event Horizon might be out this week as well.
well I had to make room for these

image-845598914.jpg

MrNickVT said:
well I had to make room for these
Saw that in other thread. Brother Soigné was enjoyable, if like to see how it ages. Can't remember Arthur, was part of a big HF tasting that all blurred together. I think his dark beers are gross. Not my thing at all. What's Elaborative #2 all about? #1 was just weird.

image-4080624799.jpg

Speaking of gross and apple beverages, grav sample from wild cider. It's not any worse than the batches I put yeast in. I think I'll end up dosing it with Brett. Will probably bottle sooner rather than later, I'm down to 4 'upstairs' carboys. I've got 12 in the cellar. Not a bad problem to have.

TNGabe said:
Saw that in other thread. Brother Soigné was enjoyable, if like to see how it ages. Can't remember Arthur, was part of a big HF tasting that all blurred together. I think his dark beers are gross. Not my thing at all. What's Elaborative #2 all about? #1 was just weird. Speaking of gross and apple beverages, grav sample from wild cider. It's not any worse than the batches I put yeast in. I think I'll end up dosing it with Brett. Will probably bottle sooner rather than later, I'm down to 4 'upstairs' carboys. I've got 12 in the cellar. Not a bad problem to have.
Same as number one. #2 means batch 2.
Onto this long trail session ipa!

image-3244812671.jpg

I didn't mean idiots about beer. I just meant idiots in general. Occasionally entertaining, but mostly just whiney and/or bigoted.

Good luck with that. ;) I'm ok with barns and cows being my view, though I'm looking forward to buying some land up in the hills and just being able to see trees.

I would kill for White Chocolate Moo Hoo!!! If anyone can find it. Btw Gabe forgot to send you tracking # but pkg on its way. Ill send # when I get home tonight( beer release and Das Boot night at New Holland) if Im not too sloshed and remember lol. On the way to lhbs now for a recipe and surely a few pints. Bringing a few Nelson Saisons with me.

MrNickVT said:
Same as number one. #2 means batch 2. Onto this long trail session ipa!
Ahh, didn't realize that's what numbers meant. Did you have batch one?
Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I would kill for White Chocolate Moo Hoo!!! If anyone can find it. Btw Gabe forgot to send you tracking # but pkg on its way. Ill send # when I get home tonight( beer release and Das Boot night at New Holland) if Im not too sloshed and remember lol. On the way to lhbs now for a recipe and surely a few pints. Bringing a few Nelson Saisons with me.
Excellent. My wlp 665 beer needs those la Roja dregs. I'm not happy with that stuff at all. The white chocolate moo hoo is pretty limited. I'd probaby hafta hold out for jp reserve for that one. I'm really just struggling to come up with stuff for that snr10 nick has.

finsfan said:
did you follow edworts recipe? what was the final ABV?
%17. Very hot liqueur taste. The recipe I have to look on my computer for. It's from an old Italian neighbor. He had some crazy yeast strand primarily EC1118. My wife's parents and grandparents love it I guess it has to grow on me:)

BrewinHooligan said:
Recently found that Victory will be distributed here soon and am really hoping I can get my hands on some... Drinking some iced green tea at the moment, have the kids tonight so the beer will have to wait till the little one goes back to her mom's

Not surprising - their new brewery is huge and about to ramp up to full production. They'll be able to make lots of DirtWolf!

Drinking Stauff's wild berry rye saison - excellent!

image-3551713273.jpg

BrewinHooligan said:
Recently found that Victory will be distributed here soon and am really hoping I can get my hands on some... Drinking some iced green tea at the moment, have the kids tonight so the beer will have to wait till the little one goes back to her mom's
You will enjoy it everything they make is pretty solid.

Well for around $100 grabbed some good stuff at favorite bottle shop. Including finally Vivants Plow Horse Imperial Stout (aka Tart Side of the Moon minus lacto)

this over blended thing I bottled just on Sunday. just because I can and I needed to know. slightly carbed, good oak flavor, slight cherry & decent coffee notes, slightly tart, deep dark brown, and quite "digestible". I don't know the ABV because of all the damn blending and such, but it does have a kick. I'll try another in a few months, but based on all the damn tasting I've done from grain to glass, I think it's gonna be real good in about 9-12 months.

bonus points if you can guess what shirt I'm wearing.

1120131727.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
this over blended thing I bottled just on Sunday. just because I can and I needed to know. slightly carbed, good oak flavor, slight cherry & decent coffee notes, slightly tart, deep dark brown, and quite "digestible". I don't know the ABV because of all the damn blending and such, but it does have a kick. I'll try another in a few months, but based on all the damn tasting I've done from grain to glass, I think it's gonna be real good in about 9-12 months. bonus points if you can guess what shirt I'm wearing.
Guns and roses, lol

this over blended thing I bottled just on Sunday. just because I can and I needed to know. slightly carbed, good oak flavor, slight cherry & decent coffee notes, slightly tart, deep dark brown, and quite "digestible". I don't know the ABV because of all the damn blending and such, but it does have a kick. I'll try another in a few months, but based on all the damn tasting I've done from grain to glass, I think it's gonna be real good in about 9-12 months.

bonus points if you can guess what shirt I'm wearing.

Yeah. That's GnR.

So how'd you do this blending? I haven't done any myself.

DisturbdChemist said:
to drink or not to drink after work that is the question?

Today I was called a liar, an *******, then the guy got in my face and tried to belittle me. In return I proceeded to have a meltdown on that bastard like hell has never seen. Outside of work he would've been face down with his lights out but seein as how I need my job I excersised great restraint.

Now I'm at home with a SN Flipside chillin. Yes. Have a drink after work.

Now off to New Holland after a couple of my Nelson Saison, Reds Rye clone and a couple glasses of cherry and blueberry mead at lhbs

Yeah. That's GnR.

So how'd you do this blending? I haven't done any myself.

tasted base and beer to be blended. split base into two vessels. added the "to be" to what I thought tasted right. then I repeated months later. hahaha!! and then, I did it again. I flushed the carboys with CO2 to reduce risk of oxidizing.

Back