What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta ask, where the hell do you all get your awesome glasses? I was going to take a picture of my headless nut brown, but then I looked at my glass and was embarrassed. Pretty sure I'd be better off with the glass the chocolate milk was in a page or two back.

If you can't tell, pretty new to the whole "good beer" thing. I use a standard tumbler, or the bottle...

It's all good homie. Pour your beer and be proud. Although some people do fuss over the glass, it's fine either way. I've tended bar for years and I've got customers who swear that they can taste the difference when beer is served in the "correct" glass and others who can't tell the difference between Coors Light and an oatmeal stout.

Some Sam Adams drinkers won't drink unless it's served in the glass with the bubble bead on the bottom.

It's all good homie. Pour your beer and be proud. Although some people do fuss over the glass, it's fine either way. I've tended bar for years and I've got customers who swear that they can taste the difference when beer is served in the "correct" glass and others who can't tell the difference between Coors Light and an oatmeal stout.

Some Sam Adams drinkers won't drink unless it's served in the glass with the bubble bead on the bottom.

Really doubt I would taste a difference in different type of glasses, just think I need to move beyond the plastic $2 target tumbler.

Matthias said:
Pretty sure I'd be better off with the glass the chocolate milk was in a page or two back. If you can't tell, pretty new to the whole "good beer" thing. I use a standard tumbler, or the bottle...

Good beer in a 'bad' glass is still good beer. Bad beer in a good glass is still bad beer. I'd take the former every time.

Like others said, hit local breweries and get the basics...pint glass, tulip, snifter and a mug will get you the 'good' glass for most styles.

I just drank 2x of my home brew Belgium triple that I made to enter some contest.
Mine came out a bit hot; my wort was more ferment able than I expected it to be and I hit my highest brewing efficiently with this batch.
Needless to say, this batch calculated to 11.2% ABV. Drinks like wine; but I feel like I just took a handful of whiskey shots.

I've never seen a diamond in the flesh I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies And I'm not proud of my address In the torn up town, no post code envy

But every song's like: Gold teeth Grey Goose Tripping in the bathroom Bloodstains Ball gowns Trashing the hotel room

We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams :-D

Edit: on the Wa Wa Wa Wa Water!

I do. It will be interesting to see if it actually works with the transfer from jug to jug and the racking over star san ... and who knows what else. I should have spit in it for good measure.

Hilarious! I've definitely had those days... like falling asleep while brewing. Wayyyy worse. @#$/!

All this hate on NYC has me confused. Place with the tons of beautiful women, the best food, great culture, great beer a million and one things to do everyday. Sounds like a real $hit hole. :confused: drinking a gose. Recycled pic.

image-62012008.jpg

Good beer in a 'bad' glass is still good beer. Bad beer in a good glass is still bad beer. I'd take the former every time.

Like others said, hit local breweries and get the basics...pint glass, tulip, snifter and a mug will get you the 'good' glass for most styles.

Pretty sure some sort of awesome beer wisdom was just thrown out here. Thanks!

Matthias said:
I gotta ask, where the hell do you all get your awesome glasses? I was going to take a picture of my headless nut brown, but then I looked at my glass and was embarrassed. Pretty sure I'd be better off with the glass the chocolate milk was in a page or two back.

If you can't tell, pretty new to the whole "good beer" thing. I use a standard tumbler, or the bottle...

image-791107396.jpg

Breweries

image-1166578234.jpg

World Market (discount import store)

image-3016781682.jpg

Holiday gift sets from the local liquor

image-1877143988.jpg

Dollar Store. Drinking more HB Nelson Saison.

image-1103568724.jpg

Promo glasses that may or may not have been "liberated" from a beer release at a local bar.

Find the glassware that fits your style. Snifters work well for beers with concentration on stronger aroma hops, I like the Imperial Pint Nonick for general drinking, though a soldi heavy mug works too. Pils glasses work for ice water on my bedside table and for ladyfriends to keep ice water for interesting talents. You do not have to go overboard but a decent mix of glasswars to support different types is nice.

allenH said:
Breweries

World Market (discount import store)

Holiday gift sets from the local liquor

Dollar Store. Drinking more HB Nelson Saison.

Promo glasses that may or may not have been "liberated" from a beer release at a local bar.

I'd kill for one of those Terrapin barrel glasses!
By the way, could you give me detailed directions to your house? ;)

WesleyS said:
I'd kill for one of those Terrapin barrel glasses!
By the way, could you give me detailed directions to your house? ;)

Absolutely.

staticmap

Haha, I've been waiting to use that tab for 2 years now. You see someone hit it by accident every once in a while, I still don't know why it's there.

One more before I call it a night.

It's great and I can't decide if I like this or the clone better.

ForumRunner_20131107_230356.jpg

Drinking out of the growler of oatmeal porter I acquired from the Zipline taproom earlier this evening

WesleyS said:
Yeah. Who said anything bad about that overpopulated filth hole full of @ssclowns?

A few pages back. A few people from clean boring towns and other "big
cities" that couldnt come close to touching the quality of NYC in any aspect of culture, filled with @ssholes and cornballs who dont know they are @ssholes and cornballs.

jak1010 said:
Wes, how's the crib coming along? You put the 3rd floor on yet?

I'm already on to the fourth. ;)
Things are still moving slowly. Working a full time job and working on the house gets tiring so I'm taking it slow enough to not wear myself out. I'm hoping to have the bedroom completely finished and moved back into next week. It'll still be a while before the bathroom is back together.

Dave37 said:
A few pages back. A few people from clean boring towns and other "big
cities" that couldnt come close to touching the quality of NYC in any aspect of culture, filled with @ssholes and cornballs who dont know they are @ssholes and cornballs.

At least I know my city sucks. ;)
I hope to make it up to NY one day.

I'm already on to the fourth. ;)
Things are still moving slowly. Working a full time job and working on the house gets tiring so I'm taking it slow enough to not wear myself out. I'm hoping to have the bedroom completely finished and moved back into next week. It'll still be a while before the bathroom is back together.

When it's all done, you hammered the last nail and it's exactly how you want it...you're old and ready to retire. That's why we have beer!!! You either already have a bar or you're building one. Right?

Check your local Target, Libbey makes a Craft Beer set that has all your basics for about $15

Southern Tier Warlock - my last pumpkin beer of the year, after it eluded me until now.

Sierra Nevada Celebration - first 6er of the season. Excellent as always.

A bit of an "out with the old, in with the new" transitory kind of night. It's snowing tonight, after all.

Yeah. Who said anything bad about that overpopulated filth hole full of @ssclowns?

Nice. I grew up on long island and am in buffalo now, but I visit every now and again since I miss the city. Fun stuff, like watching 2 subways go by after 4am then realizing the lines change names and you shoukda grabbed either one of them. I know that I can't hack the city though. Too many damn people.
Finishing one more hb ipa with nelson, galaxy, hg cascade and something else. Better carbonated today.

Suede Imperial Porter brewed with calendula flowers, jasmine and honey. It's a collaboration between Stone, 10 Barrel and Bluejacket. Really tasty.

Mongrel said:
Suede Imperial Porter brewed with calendula flowers, jasmine and honey. It's a collaboration between Stone, 10 Barrel and Bluejacket. Really tasty.

What is a calendula flower? And what kind of flavor does it give to the beer? Drinking copious amounts of water before another 24 at work tomorrow. Too many hours not enough beers.

Latest posts

Back