What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting the day (at noon) with a homebrewed Centennial Pale Ale. I dry hopped this keg with Citra and I have to tell you...it's delish!

Always good to have a Dark Horse Perkulator!

ForumRunner_20131103_151548.png

Everyone is welcome. I'll be smoking a 24-lb. Turkey for the 5th year in a row. Come on up!

Dave37 said:
668 neighbor of the beast. Preparing a monstrous guinea feast for a surprise bday party for ma dukes (My mom). Stuffed shells, ravioli, stuffed mushrooms. Eggplant rollatini, Antipasto, meatballs sausage, braciola.

Damn, that looks good.

How'd you like the 668? If you need more, let me know. :D

finsfan said:
Only if I wasnt so far away, forget the turkey I wanna try the GB clone :D

Oh. You'll want to try the turkey, believe me.

Drinking some rye saison while prepping the brewstand for 10gal of Dunkel

View attachment 157940

Nice rig!

That's pretty much how all Sam Adams mix packs are. I used to buy the mixed seasonal cases years ago because a couple of the beers would sound good. But I stopped when I got tired of drinking 16 meh or worse beers just for 8 good ones.

I'd go a little further and say all mixed 12-packs are designed to bury some bad beer! I avoid them all now.

mcbaumannerb said:
I'd go a little further and say all mixed 12-packs are designed to bury some bad beer! I avoid them all now.
They know that if they put at least two styles that are good, people will buy them and suffer through the bad stuff. I don't do it anymore though. What pissed me off is when Sam Adams stopped releasing the Chocolate Bock in 750s and just started putting it in 12ozs in a mix pack. I loved that beer, but I haven't had it in along time because I'm not buying the mix pack just for it.

They know that if they put at least two styles that are good, people will buy them and suffer through the bad stuff. I don't do it anymore though. What pissed me off is when Sam Adams stopped releasing the Chocolate Bock in 750s and just started putting it in 12ozs in a mix pack. I loved that beer, but I haven't had it in along time because I'm not buying the mix pack just for it.

The cherry chocolate bock is good as hell to be honest that's why I bought the sampler pack but you only get 2 bottles :-(

That does suck. I'll keep my eye open because the one bottle shop I frequent will break open mixed 12-packs and sell individual bottles.

NIZZLE said:
The cherry chocolate bock is good as hell to be honest that's why I bought the sampler pack but you only get 2 bottles :-(

That does sound good. Sucks to only get two though.

mcbaumannerb said:
That does suck. I'll keep my eye open because the one bottle shop I frequent will break open mixed 12-packs and sell individual bottles.

That's pretty cool. I wish more places did that or singles for make your own mix sixes.

mcbaumannerb said:

A local grocery chain here does that (Publix). The best part is that it's a flat $9.99 for a mix-six, sometimes you can come out way ahead.

image-61501301.jpg

Shorts Gingersnap from their limited Fall box. The molasses makes this one a little hot but I think if I hold onto the other two for a couple months it should be really good. Without the booziness it tastes like a gingerbread cookie.
Edit: cant forget about our little buddy there in the middle, a shot of 91 proof Cinnerator

ForumRunner_20131103_162416.jpg

haha butthead. :p

Thanks. It's just an iPhone 4S and the snapseed app.

Well there's your problem. ;) If you had a Galaxy S3 or S4 you'd have no worries.

One day. One day I will invite all of the locals over and brew some beer.

I'm down. We can all bring our gear and have huge brew orgy.

Supposed to get down to 29 F here tonight, not cold by some standards, but my warm-blooded Texas a$$ thinks it is. Either way it's a nice night for a fire. I like to go against the status quo, though, and have IIPAs on cold fall/winter/spring nights. Thus I am having a Gandhi-bot while letting my growlette of Beer'd Brewing's Nano-a-Nano Collaboration Belgian Black Rye IPA chill down a bit since it warmed a bit on the ride home.

20131103_164000 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Sammy86 said:
Last beer i had before i got married...literally 15 minutes before the ceremony!
Yeah? Never had it again? :)

80 Acre by Boulevard. It's good.

Latest posts

Back