What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hb Lawn Ranger American light. Biting my nails watching the outcome of mnf and my fantasy game

ForumRunner_20131028_221728.jpg

jonmohno said:
I was wondering why it cost 10 bucks when looking at the receit when I got home. Its made from weasel **** sorta. Gotta say Im a devirginized - weasel coffee bean eating then ****ting then making it into the world most expensive coffee then put into an awesome imperial stout /coffee beer drinker.

Oveall impression is great imperial oatmeal coffee stout. Pretty minerally also.To describe it lazi-lamely.

I had one of those not that long ago courtesy of MrNickVT. It's a great beer, $hit coffee and all. :D

Dave37 said:
Must say I think I'm in the minority with the one other guy in the thread to say they don't like this. I think it was Remmy? I'll see what a year does for this and put the other 3 on the back burner til then.

Well, great beer is an acquired taste. ;)

WesleyS said:
Well, great beer is an acquired taste. ;)

Haha I told you guys my palate is horrendous. I am also guilty of having beer taste completely different on a day by day basis depending on what I ate. Not opposed to trying it again. I'm also looking forward to what age will do for this beer. Currently I feel like the vanilla was kind of artificial extract like tasting and overpowering. I liked the mouth feel and didn't feel it was too boozy, though I could definitely taste the alcohol presence.

Didn't hate it, just didn't really enjoy it tonight.

Just got this in my store today so I picked some up. Great beer. Not as hoppy as Sucks, though I don't think it's meant to be. This is my first time having it so I don't have previous releases to compare it to. Firmly bitter, but not over the top. Has lots of great caramel malt character and obviously, the residual brown sugar sweetness. I know they're not meant to be the same beer, but I think I prefer Sucks over this. I'll have to get some Sucks when it comes out and do some extensive comparisons! :)

20131028_224500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Just got this in my store today so I picked some up. Great beer. Not as hoppy as Sucks, though I don't think it's meant to be. This is my first time having it so I don't have previous releases to compare it to. Firmly bitter, but not over the top. Has lots of great caramel malt character and obviously, the residual brown sugar sweetness. I know they're not meant to be the same beer, but I think I prefer Sucks over this. I'll have to get some Sucks when it comes out and do some extensive comparisons! :)/QUOTE]

I've been drinking last years. Is this year not so hot?

Just got this in my store today so I picked some up. Great beer. Not as hoppy as Sucks, though I don't think it's meant to be. This is my first time having it so I don't have previous releases to compare it to. Firmly bitter, but not over the top. Has lots of great caramel malt character and obviously, the residual brown sugar sweetness. I know they're not meant to be the same beer, but I think I prefer Sucks over this. I'll have to get some Sucks when it comes out and do some extensive comparisons! :)

I've been drinking last years. Is this year not so hot?

This is my first time having it (didn't make it here last year) so I have no basis for comparison. It's a great beer, I just think Sucks is better.

Now on my third (and final) Brown Shugga' of the night. Not sure if if this is my official night cap or not, but knowing me, it's not.

Sailor Jerry and coke while stepping up my starter to 1gallon so it's ready for the dunkel brewing this weekend.

Celebration #3, eating a very late dinner, still need to rack to fermentor.

nukebrewer said:
Ending the night with another Drunkin Punkin. I'm going to be worthless tomorrow. At least I don't have to work the second job tomorrow, haha. :drunk:
Well done sir, well done.

nukebrewer said:
Thank you, sir! By jove, I think I may even have another. Ohhhh, I'm naughty!

I will if you will. Overshot og by .004, hit 1.042. Hope it finishes above expected fg or I won't hit my 4.2 session cut off.

BrewinHooligan said:
My single hop saison as the starter gets transferred to the carboy
single hopped with?

Celebration #4 I think, I'll have to get official count in am.

I will if you will. Overshot og by .004, hit 1.042. Hope it finishes above expected fg or I won't hit my 4.2 session cut off.

single hopped with?

Celebration #4 I think, I'll have to get official count in am.

Northern Brewer. The yeast esters with the hops taste quite a bit like pineapple. Very interesting.

Breakfast Stouts and finishing up the night watching some Season 2 American Horror Story.

Great show! Am a bit bummed that Jessica Lange is supposedly only going through next season.

Lmao.

Drinking a saison (go figure) with this creepy frog like thing I found in the woods.

20131028_220142_zps837ade1a.jpg

He looks like he might fit perfectly atop the HBT FF trophy. :D

Having coffee and enjoying the fact that I'm not halfway to Stamford today :)

Great show! Am a bit bummed that Jessica Lange is supposedly only going through next season.

He looks like he might fit perfectly atop the HBT FF trophy. :D

Having coffee and enjoying the fact that I'm not halfway to Stamford today :)

I am only like 4 episodes into Season 2, but liked the first season better. Maybe I am just not into the religious aliens. Quality show though.

And that creepy frog looks like it has a pipe in its hands that it is going to hit you with so it can finish your beer.

Yes

Gets funnier every time I hear it for some reason.

Splash of bourbon hear

Little bit o' NIZZLE rubbing off on your spelling eh? ;)

Had this last night and was too damn lazy to post about it. I'd say it was pretty good. Tasted better as it warmed up. I had it too cold I believe. Either way, I enjoyed #500 way more. This was good though.

On the coff now. Got a looong day of staring at my computer screen and trying to remotely program and fix PLC problems from the apt. It's challenging, but not as hard as I thought it would be.

2013-10-28 21.51.34.jpg

Latest posts

Back