What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gabe are you going to bake any bread to serve with your beers? Bread looks great on a flight plank

I'm drinking and grilling, watching ozzy herding the goats into the shed, letting them out, then doing again. He's got a sick sense of humor that dog.

I'm assuming I won't have time to bake there, at least I hope not. I'm not opening a brewery to work less, but to work just as hard and actually make money. I don't want to sink the same amount of cash in a bakery to have to fight to make a living.

It is out of season but since I am loaded up with yeast and river bend malts, I might as well fire up a batch.

I will have to get a pm to you to identify your chicken scratch on the vial labels.. But your handwriting on the shipping label is pretty damn good I must say!

I must say Jack fruit is one fruit I have never come across before. I will have to search that one out for consumption.

No problem. PM for my phone number if you don't have it and want to text pics. My handwriting is awful. I got the Mrs. to do the address labels.

Jackfruit is the largest tree fruit. Supposed to be what Juicyfruit gum is modeled after.

Pumpkin beer with pumpkin pizza!

ForumRunner_20131028_181747.jpg

Hey Channel, check this thread out, specifically the last post. Wtf is the guy talking about and is he right? If so why does everyone else not know this and why are beers with pedio and no brett diacetyl bombs?

Edit : make that 2nd to last post

TNGabe said:
No problem. PM for my phone number if you don't have it and want to text pics. My handwriting is awful. I got the Mrs. to do the address labels. Jackfruit is the largest tree fruit. Supposed to be what Juicyfruit gum is modeled after.

Will do that after I clean my mess up!

Sipping on one of these..

image-3222530213.jpg

On vacation at the cabin we bought several years ago in Blairsville, GA... population 900.

Went for a drive today and drove through Helen, GA. Bought a couple of six packs at a package liquor store there today. Paulander Salvator Double Bock. Malt forward, but a pretty good beer. Not to mention 7.2% avb; Spaten Munchen Dunkel, a very nice beer. Very balanced...

My wife bought me a six pack of Highland Bewing Companies Oatmeal Porter. That brewery is out of Asheville, NC. A very nice beer with dinner. Had a very nice ribeye last night with this beer.

What a shame it is that I have to come up here, in a sparsely populated area to get really good beer. The Pensacola, FL area has a population of about 400k and the beer selection stinks in comparison to what I can buy IN THE GROCERY STORES up here.

Of course... I still can't get some of the great beers that the folks in the NE or out west are drinking. I'm jealous.

Oohs, I haven't heard about that. Will it be available in stores?

O yeah! Tallgrass doesnt have a public taproom so they dont have any brewery only releases. If you get their seasonals (zombie monkie now, wild plum this summer) than you should get it this winter. It hasnt been released yet but their FB page it should be out soon

O yeah! Tallgrass doesnt have a public taproom so they dont have any brewery only releases. If you get their seasonals (zombie monkie now, wild plum this summer) than you should get it this winter. It hasnt been released yet but their FB page it should be out soon

That's awesome. I'll have try try it.

Lakefront IPA, pretty good IPA that would probably be so much better fresh

That is good fresh, but fades very quickly.

Just finished bottling a batch of Petit Verdot and now having a glass of the leftovers. The oak is a bit strong (nothing six months in the bottle won't cure though) but is already very easy drinking.

Drinking some water and researching date wine recipes. Met an organic farmer at my brewery event on Saturday who will give me as many organic dates as I want as long as I make a date wine for him with them. I plan to use some in a Dubbel as well.

That is good fresh, but fades very quickly.

Just finished bottling a batch of Petit Verdot and now having a glass of the leftovers. The oak is a bit strong (nothing six months in the bottle won't cure though) but is already very easy drinking.

I couldnt find the brewed date on the bottle or box. The smell was very strong but lacked a little in taste. I figured with our poor distribution and probably consumption too in KS that this was some older stuff. I found this variety pack just floating around with all the others on the liquor stations floor.

mcbaumannerb said:
That is good fresh, but fades very quickly. Just finished bottling a batch of Petit Verdot and now having a glass of the leftovers. The oak is a bit strong (nothing six months in the bottle won't cure though) but is already very easy drinking.

Hmm... Sounds interesting. Not a varietal I've seen on its own.

image-2222561813.jpg

Very good BDSA from Flying Dog. Too bad they only brewed it once. Maybe they should focus on more of these rather than the single hop crap.

Latest posts

Back