What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a Shiner Bock with my Miracle Whip, green olive, salami, provolone, and sour cream n onion chip sammy. Freakin delicioso!!

Hey all your Michigan homers....NIZZLE and others...

I've got some family going to the Hope college game who will be be brining me back stuff from New Holland...

Any recommendations...I've never had Hopivore and was wondering if they fill growlers of it

Since my day seems to be confined to endless conference calls...

image-2538147921.jpg

And yeah - right from the can!

So, I was trying to go to Cigar City's website to see what brews are available for a trade I'm lining up and this is what I get:

ccb_zps64597d64.png

It looks like the hosting site's issue, but wow - you don't want this during the day!

So, I was trying to go to Cigar City's website to see what brews are available for a trade I'm lining up and this is what I get:

ccb_zps64597d64.png

It looks like the hosting site's issue, but wow - you don't want this during the day!

Your Firefox is the boringest ever!! ;-)

I can't get home fast enough!

Shiny.

Jealous.

Only 1.5 hours left til I get off and can open a beer and work on the house some more. Lets see if I can kill the surprise cream ale keg. Speaking of which there have been a lot of mentions of kegs that do not want to kick recently. Has the Great Yeast risen and given bonus beers to all of the good little brewers and brewerettes?

Shiny.

Jealous.

Only 1.5 hours left til I get off and can open a beer and work on the house some more. Lets see if I can kill the surprise cream ale keg. Speaking of which there have been a lot of mentions of kegs that do not want to kick recently. Has the Great Yeast risen and given bonus beers to all of the good little brewers and brewerettes?

Yes. And the amount of excess beer is in direct proportion to how eager you are to get something else tapped. :D

mcbaumannerb said:
So, I was trying to go to Cigar City's website to see what brews are available for a trade I'm lining up and this is what I get: It looks like the hosting site's issue, but wow - you don't want this during the day!
Maybe it's a sign :)

I've got some family going to the Hope college game who will be be brining me back stuff from New Holland...

Any recommendations...I've never had Hopivore and was wondering if they fill growlers of it

dragons milk fo sho! and the poet are my favorites :fro::tank: :mug:

Im a regular at New Holland and Hopivore is on tap but being a Agribrew I think the fills are about $17. They do have bottles in the gift shop also. They just released Pilgrims Dole Wheat Wine Bottles and draft in tap room. If they are gonna be there on or after the 1st El Mole Ocho will also be available. Edit: if they are there on a tuesday Mainstay growler fills are $6
Current tap list:

TapList_102113_Screen shot 2013-10-21 at 10.45.57 AM copy.png

Anyone else having trouble with the HBT site today? I'm getting Content Encoding Errors and Database errors when I try to view the control panel and Today's Posts, respectively. It's been off and on all day. :confused:

I have an iPhone, but works the same. The purchase price for the mobile app is more than made up by being able to copy the recipe to the cloud and access on your phone when you're at the LHBS shopping.

You can only do that on the full version? I bought it when it came out but I thought the free version offered that.

Are you using beersmith lite and accessing your recipes from your desktop then?

I use the app to design and tweak my recipes, the desktop version to add profiles, keep track of my inventory etc. I hate being on a computer outside of work, so I do most everything that I can from my tablet or phone.

Are you using beersmith lite and accessing your recipes from your desktop then?

Not lite ... the paid app. I don't know if the free one allows it or not - I paid for the full version after it was released. And with the app (on tablet or phone) you can fully create, edit & tweak the recipe. In fact when I was at the LHBS getting hops for the BDSA I did a couple of weeks ago, I edited my hops as I selected them to make sure the right bitterness & ratio was still there. And I did the same thing with the candi syrups too.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Im a regular at New Holland and Hopivore is on tap but being a Agribrew I think the fills are about $17. They do have bottles in the gift shop also. They just released Pilgrims Dole Wheat Wine Bottles and draft in tap room. If they are gonna be there on or after the 1st El Mole Ocho will also be available. Edit: if they are there on a tuesday Mainstay growler fills are $6 Current tap list:

$17 holla....is it worth it? It'll be a sat so no cheapies :)

NIZZLE said:
dragons milk fo sho! and the poet are my favorites :fro::tank: :mug:

I can get DM here in IL and I really enjoy it, I may try the poet if you say it's tasty. Might be a better investment than a $17 IPA that May or may not be worth it

$17 holla....is it worth it? It'll be a sat so no cheapies :)

I can get DM here in IL and I really enjoy it, I may try the poet if you say it's tasty. Might be a better investment than a $17 IPA that May or may not be worth it

Hard to say, depends on how you like your IPAs. I think its awesome but can drink it there while its on tap so havent bought a fill and $17 can be a gamble. I usually fill with Mad Hatter or Monkey King. Triumph English Strong is a great brewery only release.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Hard to say, depends on how you like your IPAs. I think its awesome but can drink it there while its on tap so havent bought a fill and $17 can be a gamble. I usually fill with Mad Hatter or Monkey King. Triumph English Strong is a great brewery only release.
Sweet thanks, I've got some choices to Make. I really enjoy Union Jack, double jack, and stones enjoy by series. A brewery only offering sounds good and I've never had an English strong ale either

Just started carrying this in my store yesterday. Such a delicious beer. There's some malty caramelly complexity that subdues the hops a bit, but it's still quite a hop forward beer.

20131023_161500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I wish iPhones had DOF adjustment. That way the mess that is my apartment will be all blurred out in the background! Nuke, you and Channel take the best pics!

I wish iPhones had DOF adjustment. That way the mess that is my apartment will be all blurred out in the background! Nuke, you and Channel take the best pics!

Thanks! It's not DOF adjustment per se, but there is an app called Pixlr Express. It's made by Autodesk, so you know it rocks. One of the features is a focal blur effect that can either be radial or linear and it's made some of my sh!tty phone pics look a lot better. It's worth shot.

Disclaimer: I only know for sure that the Android app exists. I cannot speak for that other sub-par platform. Not naming names. *cough*iOS*cough* ;)

El Cerveza Dorado HB single hop El Dorado IPA.

20131023_170500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Back