What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Son got off early from job #2,and there I was dressed on 1st cup of coffee. Had to go out for smokes anyway & spotted some pumpkin rolls. Brought that home to go with 2nd cup of coffee & here I am...

Back in OKC drinking coffee this somewhat chilly morning. Last night's storm woke me up and scared the pants off me because the wind was so loud I thought my bedroom window was open! Then I woke up enough to realize I would be soaked if that were the case.:cross: Geez, I need to get more sleep.

My coconut porter.
image-3242843362.jpg

Nice, I see someone is cutting in on my territory! What date did you end up with on the Jai Alai?

Unfortunately, Sept. 3. I sent some Gandhi to my friend and she sent me CCB stuff as a surprise. Glad it appeared on my doorstep.

Are you splitting that all by hand?

I split most of the stuff on the left (cherry and oak I cut down 1.5-2 cord) by hand. Also split almost 2 cord of maple by hand. That pile on the right (in the pic above) is all maple I split with the splitter. I still have about 8-10 cord-worth of wood left that needs to get split.

The problem with splitting (hand or splitter) is I can't drink as much as I want to.

I split most of the stuff on the left (cherry and oak I cut down 1.5-2 cord) by hand. Also split almost 2 cord of maple by hand. That pile on the right (in the pic above) is all maple I split with the splitter. I still have about 8-10 cord-worth of wood that needs to get split.

The problem with splitting (hand or splitter) is I can't drink as much as I want to.

I hear that, been awhile since I've burnt wood, but it's definitely dangerous to operate the splitter. I saw my grandfather lose a finger to the 2nd knuckle operating a (homemade) wood splitter when I was a kid.sheared it right off, it was intact inside his glove, but crushed beyond repair.

Not a piece of machinery you want to operate buzzed.

Channel66 said:
I hear that, been awhile since I've burnt wood, but it's definitely dangerous to operate the splitter. I saw my grandfather lose a finger to the 2nd knuckle operating a (homemade) wood splitter when I was a kid.sheared it right off, it was intact inside his glove, but crushed beyond repair. Not a piece of machinery you want to operate buzzed.

Agreed. I will be burning 8-10 cord this winter. The only problem is having to split every year.

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic and bought him that glass, or if your serious. Either way, he has a college glassware obsession :cross:

Nah. Didn't buy it for him. He obviously doesn't need any more glasses!! Just surprised to see a Pitt glass (of all college teams). I'm one of those people that somehow can split his allegiance between PSU and Pitt since they rarely (and probably never will) play each other in football. Basketball, I'm all Pitt.

trying to decide if I wan to pop open my Funky Galaxy now or later. Ahh hell. I'll pop it now! Let's hope my boss doesn't decide to make a surprise stop at the apartment. :tank:

Nah. Didn't buy it for him. He obviously doesn't need any more glasses!! Just surprised to see a Pitt glass (of all college teams). I'm one of those people that somehow can split his allegiance between PSU and Pitt since they rarely (and probably never will) play each other in football. Basketball, I'm all Pitt.

trying to decide if I wan to pop open my Funky Galaxy now or later. Ahh hell. I'll pop it now! Let's hope my boss doesn't decide to make a surprise stop at the apartment. :tank:

Eat **** Pitt. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home, went straight for the beer fridge.

20131015_143209_zpsd9e36dec.jpg

Gabes galaxy white IPA. I took a digger on the rocks headed to take this pic. (Damn wet silt) probably disturbed the yeast cake, surprisingly didn't break the glass.

This is delicious, nice aroma, smooth drinking full bodied IPA. I'm a big fan of galaxy and it showcases wonderfully in this beer.

image-1088556502.jpg

Soft pretzel from the local "nano bakery" (that's not even a thing; I know :)). With Wattaburger original mustard and my Belgian session ale. This mustard is perfect for this pretzel.

So my boss gave me this today. 2011 Darkness. I shed a tear and was one of the happiest moments of my whole life. He also made sure I was getting at least 3 bottles of this years from their distributer. Then when I thought the day couldn't get better, I find out we will be getting two kegs of Darkness too at the restruant.
ForumRunner_20131015_152138.jpg

Swarley88 said:
So my boss gave me this today. 2011 Darkness. I shed a tear and was one of the happiest moments of my whole life. He also made sure I was getting at least 3 bottles of this years from their distributer. Then when I thought the day couldn't get better, I find out we will be getting two kegs of Darkness too at the restruant.

Very nice - definitely a good day! :ban:

Sounds like a great day to me ;-)

Back