What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came home after work and drank a pint of my newest homebrew (imperial wit) now at buffalo wild wings drinking dogfish 60 min waiting on my tire to get patched on my car. Hope the track officials don't get to thorough next outing. Ha

About a month ago.

IMG_0380.jpg

You can get that there? If so where, lived there for the last 5 years (minus this last year come October). I still have family there and will have it sent to me.... HATE YOU BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to get your hopes up but sadly, no. A friend brought it back for a couple of us from San Diego.

I'm drinking Saint Arnold Oktoberfest.

Ater 22 straight 100+ days, I'm happy to pretend its Oktoberfest time.

Whutever said:
Sorry to get your hopes up but sadly, no. A friend brought it back for a couple of us from San Diego.

I was born and raised in CA, so I guess it's time to hit them up.

Right now... Berkshire Brewing Co. Porter. Recently had Founder's Porter, Sixpoint Rye, and the Nonotuck IPA at the local brew pub.

Hung out with the fellas yesterday afternoon. Had Stash IPA ( Independence Brewing in Austin) and Lawnmower (St. Arnold Brewing in Houston). I highly recommend the Lawnmower.

Also try the Weekwacker. It uses the same wort as the Lawnmower but is fermented with a Bavarian weizen yeast strain. Makes a completely different beer. Definitely try a side-by-side. :) :mug:

Just got done bottling my simarillo pale ale off the keg for the upcoming week at the lake. Relaxing now with The Oracle from Bells. I think I like this better than Hop Slam.

Austin homebrew double chocolate stout - 5 weeks in primary, only a week in bottle (I know, couldn't help myself) and a few days in the fridge... stands up against nearly every stout I've had, really really impressed.

Having a pint of my Mild Gone Wild, a 6.4% English mild... Damned good from keg... Not sure how much I have left though, the keg might be kicking pretty soon. :(

Having a Saint Arnold Octoberfest. Not too bad for an Ale version. Sam Adams is better. More flavor and balance. My ale version is better yet of course. :)

An uncarbonated 'sample' of a RIS I brewed two months ago. My sample, of course, is a two liter bottle. Two glasses in and omg, this is good... 9.6% abv, this will be tough to keep my hands off of. I could cut them off but, then I'll have to remove the bottlecaps with my teeth. :)

Popping a 22 ouncer of Karl Strauss' to the 9s tonight, I figure I should start knocking these out, I have a case stashed away for a rainy day, rarely rains here so they just sit.

IMHO I think Sam Adams has more balance and flavor with Octoberfest. But keep in mind, octoberfest should be a lager, not an ale.

I was a huge fan of Fat Tire... now their stuff is meh to me. Oh well, lady brewers :D (joking hooper).

I've had Fat Tire in other areas before. It's not bad. But it's the only one I've had. I'm just now getting access to their other stuff here. Ranger was, like I said, a little one dimensional. Far from the best. But far from the worst.

I've had Fat Tire in other areas before. It's not bad. But it's the only one I've had. I'm just now getting access to their other stuff here. Ranger was, like I said, a little one dimensional. Far from the best. But far from the worst.

Mothership Wit isn't bad (for what it is). My cousin swears by Ranger but things Stone IPA is mediocre :confused:

On the topic of New Belgium I'm drinking their Triple right now. I appreciate the flavor of it but Belgian beers really just aren't my thing.

Back