What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's where I was yesterday while enjoying a beer and watching football. Good thing most beer is never in a hurry! :mug:

No, but my cellar has been taking a pounding as I haven't brewed much of anything that will be ready to drink this year lately. I'll get the pipeline full again in no time getting recipes dialed. Brewing 11 gallons of saison tomorrow or weds I think.

I can't wait to have a fooking beer or six!
I learned a valuable lesson today. Never ask yourself if things could get any worse, because they can and will. I was already having a bad day of work and in disgust asked if this day could get any worse. Not much later, my wife calls and tells me our washing machine apparently broke and our laundry room, bathroom and bedroom are all flooded. So now tearing out carpet, padding and probably floor boards eventually. I don't know what the fook this schit particle board is that was used! What ever happened to using plywood?!?! I want to hunt down the person who originally built this house and beat the fook out them for using particle board for the floor instead of plywood! I'm tempted to get all my beer out of the house and burn this mother down! Ok, I'm done venting. Time to grab a beer.

I learned a valuable lesson today. Never ask yourself if things could get any worse, because they can and will. I was already having a bad day of work and in disgust asked if this day could get any worse. Not much later, my wife calls and tells me our washing machine apparently broke and our laundry room, bathroom and bedroom are all flooded. So now tearing out carpet, padding and probably floor boards eventually. I don't know what the fook this schit particle board is that was used! What ever happened to using plywood?!?! I want to hunt down the person who originally built this house and beat the fook out them for using particle board for the floor instead of plywood! I'm tempted to get all my beer out of the house and burn this mother down! Ok, I'm done venting. Time to grab a beer.

Man that sucks @ss I never heard of using particle board for a floor but what do I know I only built houses for five and half years have a six pack brah!

That sucks. I'm sorry man. Bad things happen in pairs sadly

This is quite interesting. The oak character is very subtle, but compliments the base cider very well.

ForumRunner_20130923_201710.jpg

That sucks ... and you're not alone in the sh!tty quality. My house is only 11 years old but the builder cut every effing corner imaginable. Enjoy that beer. And I hope you are feeling better at least. :mug:

it was probably my floccin' dad. he's notorious for that shiznit. "All you gotta do is paint it!" that & 1/2" dry wall on the walls & ceiling of his bedroom so he can "heat it with a match & cool it with an ice cube" but refuses to replace the original trailer house windows that leak like a screen door.

having a 16oz pull of my Helles. I heard somewhere that these "dark" German lagers are great for headaches!:rockin:

it was probably my floccin' dad. he's notorious for that shiznit. "All you gotta do is paint it!" that & 1/2" dry wall on the walls & ceiling of his bedroom so he can "heat it with a match & cool it with an ice cube" but refuses to replace the original trailer house windows that leak like a screen door.

having a 16oz pull of my Helles. I heard somewhere that these "dark" German lagers are great for headaches!:rockin:

My dad's solution was to slather anything in primer - that **** covers everything! Uh no, it won't really work with the old wallpaper seams ... or the spot that is peeling!

And if you don't feel any relief to your headache, that just means it needs 32oz to fix it! ;)

NIZZLE said:
I'm glad you think that's fooooooking funny brah! Now go stand in god damn line and get us all some beer :rockin:

It sucks, I've been there. Realtor said "hardwood throughout" which apparently translate to, "hardwood in most places." I tore up the carpet in the foyer to find linoleum glued to particle board :cross:

First time enjoying some funky galaxy. Best part about this beer is using it to blow the minds of my housemates. Looks an overload of coffee and chocolate but the first sip is pure fruit. Can't wait to get my pound of galaxy going into something delicious

ForumRunner_20130923_173647.png

WesleyS said:
I can't wait to have a fooking beer or six! I learned a valuable lesson today. Never ask yourself if things could get any worse, because they can and will. I was already having a bad day of work and in disgust asked if this day could get any worse. Not much later, my wife calls and tells me our washing machine apparently broke and our laundry room, bathroom and bedroom are all flooded. So now tearing out carpet, padding and probably floor boards eventually. I don't know what the fook this schit particle board is that was used! What ever happened to using plywood?!?! I want to hunt down the person who originally built this house and beat the fook out them for using particle board for the floor instead of plywood! I'm tempted to get all my beer out of the house and burn this mother down! Ok, I'm done venting. Time to grab a beer.
That sucks Wes! I can't say I feel your pain on the water damage, but I sure do on the poorly built house. The guy who had out house built is buried in the cemetery a mile down the road and one of these days I'm going to end up drunk and screaming at his grave.
Leubega said:
First time enjoying some funky galaxy. Best part about this beer is using it to blow the minds of my housemates. Looks an overload of coffee and chocolate but the first sip is pure fruit. Can't wait to get my pound of galaxy going into something delicious
Galaxy really shines with less muddy malt getting in the way. If you haven't had Anchorage Galaxy it's one of my favs.

image-833880072.jpg

Belma saison creeping in the direction of bottling.

My dad's solution was to slather anything in primer - that **** covers everything! Uh no, it won't really work with the old wallpaper seams ... or the spot that is peeling!

And if you don't feel any relief to your headache, that just means it needs 32oz to fix it! ;)

my dad is a NE flatland hillbilly. what ain't scabbed together is half-ashed. he's great with engines. he rebuilt a straight 6 in his '60 Chevy pickup. engine ran like a dream. he refused to hook any of the gauges back up which led to me walking the last 5 miles from Frenchtown to Missoula, MT with a 5 gallon gas can. he had to stay with the truck. and the body he just spray painted all the rust, hammer pulled all the dents (screw type pull) w/o filling the holes, and covered the rotted floor board with an old floor mat from his Kenworth. but that engine ran great... when he had gas in it.

That sucks Wes! I can't say I feel your pain on the water damage, but I sure do on the poorly built house. The guy who had out house built is buried in the cemetery a mile down the road and one of these days I'm going to end up drunk and screaming at his grave. Galaxy really shines with less muddy malt getting in the way. If you haven't had Anchorage Galaxy it's one of my favs.

Belma saison creeping in the direction of bottling.

Oh yeah, galaxy is what started me on an anchorage bender. Actually just got three more bottles so I can see how that Brett character ages. It's up there with their Bitter Monk as my favorite releases from them

Oh yeah, galaxy is what started me on an anchorage bender. Actually just got three more bottles so I can see how that Brett character ages. It's up there with their Bitter Monk as my favorite releases from them

Did you see the clone recipe I posted a few days back? Heck I was buzzed, maybe you're the one who asked for it. :drunk:

Too many posts to go back and multi quote but thanks guys. It looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me with ripping up this particle board shiz. But for now, there is beer.

image-1140034476.jpg

This is from last year. Still pretty good, but I enjoyed it better fresh.

Onto round 3 of my Tafelbier.

And I feel your pain with crappy construction. Well, in my case not so much construction, since the building was well built 50 years ago, but crappy maintenance. I'd do the work right myself if the goddamned building management would let me. But no. They damage MY stuff while making **** repairs and then expect me to pay for everything they damaged (their stuff included).

I've had someone down the line clog up their plumming cause my dishwasher or washing machine drain overflow all over my floor on numerous occasions. Particle board counter has been warped for years because of it. They won't fix it. And not to mention the 10 story leak we had a few months ago forming mold in the hallway that it took a call to and visit from county code enforcement to get fixed. Yay slumlord.

WesleyS said:
Too many posts to go back and multi quote but thanks guys. It looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me with ripping up this particle board shiz. But for now, there is beer.

I thought about aging some of it, but I love that beer so much I could never let it sit...haha.

Fresh batch just came out today!

Should have put more of these in my case from the brewery.I would compare it kind of to a Two hearted(when fresh and perfect) meets a mild-mellow black ale. Hoppy flavor and aroma, clean and refined with milder but smooth and rich but lighter refined not thick and not heavy dark character. More of smooth mild choc than much of any roast. Easy drinking for a 7%er, so nice. Goes too quick-pretty sessionable almost. Could be my favorate from them.

blacktop.jpg

Back