What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heady Flopper.
image-617983769.jpg

Lane Kiffin would smack you senseless. Oh, wait. He did in Knoxville! :fro:

He's lucky he got out of town with his life. Hiring him was a huge mistake, as USC is finding out. If I ever find a talking bottle opener that says 'Fire Kiffin' I'll get an extra for you. ;)

Decided to try adding a little sugar to my white peach berliner. Big improvement. Gonna make some simple syrup for the rest of the batch. Going to be drinking a lot of this soon as I've been on a big wild kick and the last two batches I've brewed are lagering for a few more weeks. I told my wife I needed to brew some 'drinking' beer and knowing what ingredients I have on hand she made two great suggestions - SNPA clone or white IPA. I sure am looking forward to her getting home from the beach tomorrow. I've been so lonely this week, I might even go with her next year.

Channel66 said:
Nuzzle some of this is for you.

The Mean Old Tom I have at home says Portland on it. One of the Lunch's I had said Freeport, the other said Portland. Bahaha

The Mean Old Tom I have at home says Portland on it. One of the Lunch's I had said Freeport, the other said Portland. Bahaha

Freeport is their new label, if it says Portland it's older.

I picked up some innis and gunn oak aged scotch beer today too, 6 bucks for a 3 pack and a glass. Never had it, thoughts?

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Odd Side Ales Java Mint Chip Stout getting stuff together to brew. First brew my fiancee will be assisting all the way through in a attempt to learn

That sounds awesome. I remember seeing that one when I was looking at Michigan beer online.

Freeport is their new label, if it says Portland it's older.

I picked up some innis and gunn oak aged scotch beer today too, 6 bucks for a 3 pack and a glass. Never had it, thoughts?

I had the Innis and gunn oak aged in rum last night. Was enjoyable, malty, toffee flavours with the rum and oak being pretty balanced

Those better not be cloth seats in Channel66's bimmer.

So I couldn't find any Gandhi-bot like I wanted, so I got the next best thing. Sea Hag is basically Gandhi-bot's little brother. They taste very similar both in malt and hop profile. Wouldn't be surprised if they were the same recipe just larger proportions for GB.

20130913_162000.jpg

So I couldn't find any Gandhi-bot like I wanted, so I got the next best thing. Sea Hag is basically Gandhi-bot's little brother. They taste very similar both in malt and hop profile. Wouldn't be surprised if they were the same recipe just larger proportions for GB.

That is exactly what I think of Sea Hag. Tastes like a lighter Gandhi.

I sent some of this to unionrdr and if I recall correctly, he gave is a 2/5. :(

image-2466422278.jpg

Swamp Head Big Nose IPA. Swamp Head is a brewery in Gainesville, Fl. I've been passing their stuff over for a while. Pretty solid IPA.

A glass of Bogle Phantom, decanted for 24 hours, with a side of raw milk cheddar and homemade bread...wait, beer forum...&^$%*^.... Mosiac/Falconers flight IPA, hops percentages are 75%/25% respectively, Mosiac plays nicely with falconers blend, lots of citrus and berry flavors with a nice bitter backbone and plenty of alc% at 7.2% :)

RachmaelBenApplebaum said:
A glass of Bogle Phantom, decanted for 24 hours, with a side of raw milk cheddar and homemade bread...wait, beer forum...&^$%*^.... Mosiac/Falconers flight IPA, hops percentages are 75%/25% respectively, Mosiac plays nicely with falconers blend, lots of citrus and berry flavors with a nice bitter backbone and plenty of alc% at 7.2% :)

Anything goes in the alchy thread!

RachmaelBenApplebaum said:

Its all good. Post up next time you drink a glass of water. We want to know.

And in the morning, do you drink coffee? We'd like to hear about that too.

Not too much chaps our @$$ in this thread. :mug:

Its all good. Post up next time you drink a glass of water. We want to know.

And in the morning, do you drink coffee? We'd like to hear about that too.

Not too much chaps our @$$ in this thread. :mug:

It really chaps my ass when people say "it chaps my ass..." oh, damnit, wrong thread. Stop confusing people!

View attachment 147967

I have to leave in an hour to go do security at the beer tent at a concert. George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic!

I'm not sure how many times I've seen Parliament now. Not a ton, somewhere around three. His son was (or maybe still is) playing guitar for them. They opened with Maggot Brain at one of the shows. No Eddie Hazel, but still a damn fine job. My all time favorite guitar solo and one of my favorite songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back