What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy friday men! Im sure i missed alot already. Here we go. A little avery maharaja while i grill up a couple cheap shell steaks on the que.

Not that great imho.

image-1719608922.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Well its 8 months old. Need to get it fresh. Love that beer.

Having another union jack.

That splains it lucy!! Thanks :mug: didnt know it was a seasonal. Seen it every time i go to the shop. So it comes out in january? Will give it another shot then.

Also whats up with your post in guess the style thread? We need hints!

On beer #3: my Noble Old Baldy Pale Ale (really ended up being more of a hoppy blond ale, oh well)

Beers 1 and 2 of the day were my Sculpture IPA and Josef's Helles. Was going to bottle up Sculpture IPA #3, but got caught up doing more important things. Everything is cleaned already, so I'll give it all a quick rinse with starsan in the morning. (But brewing has been pushed to Sunday as well!)

Big ol' glass of Oatmeal Stout.

Question for y'all. I think I'm going to pick up something special for myself for Monday. Will be 6 months since I quit smoking, the furthest I've made it before. Don't want to pull something out of my stash (maybe after a year smoke free I will though), but not sure what to go for. Recommendations?

If good beer is a trigger for smoking, get a fat bottle of red wine. Or liquor. First time I quit (lasted 12 yrs) I was double fisting it til the craving passed. 2nd time did Chantix, and that doesn't blend with alcohol well at all.

If good beer is a trigger for smoking, get a fat bottle of red wine. Or liquor. First time I quit (lasted 12 yrs) I was double fisting it til the craving passed. 2nd time did Chantix, and that doesn't blend with alcohol well at all.

Every other time I've tried I've tried to go macho and do it cold turkey. I made it almost 6 months one time (when a friend quit with me, we both failed). This time I went Nicorette which made it so much easier. But I also had a case of pneumonia as a motivator. It's very rare I get a craving any more, and that's usually when I smell it, rarely out of the blue.

In any event...

There's something wrong with me when we go to a South African chicken place for dinner, and I only get their "extra hot" peri-peri marinaded chicken (the one where the description includes the words "reckless bravado") because I'm not feeling like something that spicy (as opposed to the 3X hot sauce they have with the prominent warning label that isn't on the menu anywhere that's still on the milder side but closer to my taste).

Wasn't feeling super spicy earlier, but here I am having a double pour of my Jalapeno/Serrano/Habanero/Ghost Chili Smoked Porter. Probably going to regret this. It's intense even for me.

That splains it lucy!! Thanks :mug: didnt know it was a seasonal. Seen it every time i go to the shop. So it comes out in january? Will give it another shot then.

Also whats up with your post in guess the style thread? We need hints!

Oh sh*t I forgot about that lol. Let me check it now.

It comes out in January. Next release get some. The date should be on the label

Every other time I've tried I've tried to go macho and do it cold turkey. I made it almost 6 months one time (when a friend quit with me, we both failed). This time I went Nicorette which made it so much easier. But I also had a case of pneumonia as a motivator. It's very rare I get a craving any more, and that's usually when I smell it, rarely out of the blue.

if it wasn't for chew, I think I would have failed in the first week. but I'm 1 year 7 months. now I need a plan to drop the chaw. maybe come February.

That's what I am doing now, cold turkey. I've tried the gum, I've tried the patch and I've tried tapering. This is the longest I've made it in 10 years because of cold turkey. I hear chantix works well, but since I work on submarines I am not allowed to take it.

That's what I am doing now, cold turkey. I've tried the gum, I've tried the patch and I've tried tapering. This is the longest I've made it in 10 years because of cold turkey. I hear chantix works well, but since I work on submarines I am not allowed to take it.

Would that be because of the CRAZY dreams it's supposed to give you? ;)

My old boss quit with Chantix. Said he had the most terrifying and vivid nightmares ever because of that stuff.

I found a recipe on the interweb for an Irish Red Ale. It's been in the bottle 3 weeks and 2 days (the last 2 days were in the fridge). It tastes OK but it isn't red it's brown. When you hold it up to the light there is a (really)faint red tint. Having said that the beer isn't clear. Maybe if it was the color would be lighter (redder?). I'm going to leave this another couple of weeks before trying it again.

This is my second all grain batch. The first was BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde. That one tastes great too but gets hazy after a little while in the fridge. I think I am going to have start taking steps to get clearer beer (fining agents, cold crashing).

Back