What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buzzed driving is drunk driving! Just like the commercial says!

Not according to my field sobriety test.

But I agree if I wasn't only a few blocks from where I was headed I wouldn't have drove, I'm far more sober than my BIL so our options were to wait for our wives to yell at us or just drive the few blocks because I've driven far more drunk than this and been fine, if you haven't, you're likely lying.

Not according to my field sobriety test.

But I agree if I wasn't only a few blocks from where I was headed I wouldn't have drove, I'm far more sober than my BIL so our options were to wait for our wives to yell at us or just drive the few blocks because I've driven far more drunk than this and been fine, if you haven't, you're likely lying.

Nope I been in your shoes more than once and I'm sure will do it again.

A friends HB'd saison. Tasty.

ForumRunner_20130826_185628.jpg

tyzippers said:
Nice! How much are tickets? I've never gone to a big event like that.

Savor is basically the most expensive beer event you can attend haha. They do food with the beers so it adds up. Face value they were like $160 but this year I got them on Craigslist the day before and got an awesome deal.
They also so private "salon" things with different breweries. I'm thinking about trying to get into the 3 Floyd's one next year. They were pouring Zombie Dust which made the whole night worth it haha.

eandersen said:
Savor is basically the most expensive beer event you can attend haha. They do food with the beers so it adds up. Face value they were like $160 but this year I got them on Craigslist the day before and got an awesome deal.
They also so private "salon" things with different breweries. I'm thinking about trying to get into the 3 Floyd's one next year. They were pouring Zombie Dust which made the whole night worth it haha.

Unless you got to them about an hour in on Saturday and they were closing up shop. Awful.

Stauff's Burnt Barn Smoked Saison. Very interesting brew. The smokiness is quite strong and plays well with the farmhouse character of the saison base. The only thing I might change is to dial back on the smoke just a tad. Even still, it's a fantastic beer. Experiment successful!

20130826_204100.jpg

bigmike99 said:
Unless you got to them about an hour in on Saturday and they were closing up shop. Awful.

Damn sorry to hear that. I went on Friday so I got to try basically everything on my list. The only thing that was out by the time I made it there was FV13

The Cambridge House Big Hoppy. More of an Imperial Amber than a IIPA but good anyways. Would love to try a fresher bottle

image-1051942436.jpg

Having a nitro stout to wrap up the day. It's been an eventful day with the adoptive kids (the 9 year old decided to see how far he could push me before I said enough). He's not happy with me now, because he's in his room with no TV, or games. Maybe I need another one...

And the wifey is enjoying this yet another great brew from Michigan I must be a homer! :p

View attachment 144547

Extensive research indicates 74.8% of serious craft beer drinkers born and raised in Michigan are clearly Homer beer drinkers. This is NOT an insult. Supporting the home team is a charming quality.

Congrats on Grand Rapids being voted "The Craft Beer Capitol of the USA" for two years in a row !!! :ban:

Extensive research indicates 74.8% of serious craft beer drinkers born and raised in Michigan are clearly Homer beer drinkers. This is not an insult. Supporting the home team is a charming quality.

Congrats on Grand Rapids being voted "The Craft Beer Capitol of the USA" !!! :ban:

Just means Michigan has good beer. so why go elsewhere?

ForumRunner_20130826_220853.png

You seem mad!

ForumRunner_20130826_221012.png

ForumRunner_20130826_221207.png

Well looky looky your two foooooking favorite beers :rocking:

Wowsah! This is really good. Nice complex yeast fruitiness coupled with tropical fruit from the Citra is an awesome combo. I definitely like this better than Tramp Stamp, my previous #1 Belgian-style IPA. Admittedly, though, I haven't had very many examples of the style.

20130826_220100.jpg

Having a nitro stout to wrap up the day. It's been an eventful day with the adoptive kids (the 9 year old decided to see how far he could push me before I said enough). He's not happy with me now, because he's in his room with no TV, or games. Maybe I need another one...

Another kid or another beer?

Just means Michigan has good beer. so why go elsewhere?

View attachment 144563

You seem mad!

View attachment 144564

View attachment 144566

Well looky looky your two foooooking favorite beers :rocking:

Hahahahahha!

I rarely get mad on the internet. When I do, the user who is the subject of my angst tends to disappear....There is no telling where they go.

Yes, Michigan makes some really good beers. You should explore elsewhere because other states brew some really good beers that are even better than what you can find brewed in MI.

The NG beers that you posted are so far from being my favorite beers, it's ridiculous. They just happen to be fruit beers that I like more than other fruit beers. Fruit beers are probably my 10th favorite style.

My own red rice wine. After about 2 1/2 months it has no apparent alcohol flavor or aroma...Yeah, this stuff might be evil.

Gotta love a huge stack of cat litter lol. You eating that stuff?

I keep forgetting to bring them in for refills. The stack keeps growing. I figure I'll find a use for em some day. I've thought about using em to store grains, but I don't want even traces of cat litter (even if clean) getting in my brews. My wife keeps commenting that we've got every corner of this small apartment filled up with crap (my brewing gear and fermenters and swamp coolers included in said "crap").

Hahahahahha!

I rarely get mad on the internet. When I do, the user who is the subject of my angst tends to disappear....There is no telling where they go.

Yes, Michigan makes some really good beers. You should explore elsewhere because other states brew some really good beers that are even better than what you can find brewed in MI.

The NG beers that you posted are so far from being my favorite beers, it's ridiculous. They just happen to be fruit beers that I like more than other fruit beers. Fruit beers are probably my 10th favorite style.

I could post a Sheeet ton of non Michigan beers I drunk but hears all I got to say broham!

ForumRunner_20130826_223604.png

bwahahahahahaha! Carry on kind sir!
Edit: he also lives here in Michigan :p

Back