What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad. Last of the DRIPA. I tried to make it last :(

ForumRunner_20130824_131950.jpg

Channel66 said:
Yup, or at least, I'm brewing a third of the barrel, dad is doing one, and my bro in law is doing one. Just my farmhouse recipe, but I'm also brewing a heavily late motueka saison for top off post ferm.

I need some motueka, haven't seen this years yet. What are you fermenting in? Good grade trash can?

I need some motueka, haven't seen this years yet. What are you fermenting in? Good grade trash can?

Food grade white plastic barrel x2. My dad knows a guy apparently. This is my first go with these, last time I used many wine buckets. I need some conicals.

Today’s hipster beating.

Today, I saw Quaid vapidly staring into his MacBook at the $7.00 a cup coffee shop as he waited for his allowance check from Michigan to clear so he could buy cruelty-free cilantro at the over-priced farmers market. So I dragged him by his jaw to the bathroom and unclogged the toilet with his plunger-shaped body. End of story.

Today’s hipster beating.

Today, I saw Quaid vapidly staring into his MacBook at the $7.00 a cup coffee shop as he waited for his allowance check from Michigan to clear so he could buy cruelty-free cilantro at the over-priced farmers market. So I dragged him by his jaw to the bathroom and unclogged the toilet with his plunger-shaped body. End of story.

Sounds like Williamsburg, Brooklyn NYC to me. :mug:

Spotted Cow New Glaurus while i bottle my neighbor beer i made for his 40th birthday (who is from Wisconsin, hence the access to the Spotted Cow) Drinking it in Michigan is kind of a treat :) Made him a French Saison that is hop bursted with New Zealand (Motuokea (sp?) hops). This is one of my better beers i've ever made!

Billy-Klubb said:
overalls are built in suspenders. :rockin: I thought it'd be funny to make some into bleachers like the ones I'm wearing in that pic.

They sure are. I'm pretty sure you'd blend right in here with your bleacher overalls as long as you didn't talk. That's my plan, people even wave when I drive the dump bed C30, but as soon as I speak, my cover is blown.

Long Ireland Beer Company's Pumpkin Ale....Was really hoping this was going to be good as I like to support the locals. Let's just say I have had better and brewed better Pumpkin Ales. :-(

Having another Pumpkan as I breathe a sigh of relief from saving my mash. It all started when my grain mill $hit the bed this morning so I had to crush about 6.5# of grain with a coffee grinder. The grain that was ground with the coffee grinder was mostly very finely crushed. I should have seen the stuck sparge coming, but my dumb a$$ thought it would be OK. Now, the way I saved this mash was probably the most extreme thing I've done in the name of saving a brew day. After sucking and blowing as hard as I could I still couldn't get it going so I dumped it all into a large bin I had lying around, switched out the false bottom for a SS mesh hose thingy, and dumped it all back in the mash tun to lauter. And even after that I still had to do a little sucking and blowing to get it going. I figured it can't be that bad, it's going to oxidize in the aging process anyway, right?

nukebrewer said:
After sucking and blowing as hard as I could I still couldn't get it going

That's what she said!
Sorry, someone had to do it. :p

Sucks about the stuck sparge. I had one once because of my own stupidity. Wasn't fun.
I'm glad you saved it.

Well... let's hear it.

It was going to be lame, so I didn't. Something like, "hey did you learn all that sucking and blowing in the Navy? Is that why you're a sub mariner?"

Drank another PBR and clam. I think real beer will have to wait for a nap.

So my uncle recently made a trip to California and absolutely fell in love with Blind Pig. Needless to say I just got a voicemail from him saying that he heard through the grapevine I can find beers he can't get haha...can a brotha help me out?

Just finished a pint of my blonde ale, now chilling one of these to split with the wife.

image-291307677.jpg

I have a feeling she's going to love it

Back