What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having my "We Are All Infinite Energy Vibrating at the Same Frequency" that I didn't drink yesterday. Solid IPA! :mug:

image-474845834.jpg

Another pull of my "Crunch Drunk" this is what I guess you can call a peanut butter porter. I mashed in 2 boxes of cap'n crunch cereal into the top layer of the grain bed then tried like hell to sparge it out. I think it came out great!

image-3810531082.jpg

image-3724442182.jpg

ForumRunner_20130819_183637.jpg

Yeah it's probably sideways. This one is suprising. Hog Wild IPA from Aviator in Fuquay-Varina NC. Damn hoppy. Label says Chinook, Columbus, & Cascade in the boil. Dry hopped with Magnum (really?) and Willamette. Nice beer.

And Peter Tosh was the best.

Moving on to Sam Adams Boston Lager in a can. Yeah, I know, for most of you guys this is normal, but I just found it here (in a can). I'm so ready to brew some lagers this fall. I'll be having a Marshall 5 later...

FermentNEthinG said:
Another pull of my "Crunch Drunk" this is what I guess you can call a peanut butter porter. I mashed in 2 boxes of cap'n crunch cereal into the top layer of the grain bed then tried like hell to sparge it out. I think it came out great!

Sounds interesting. Looks good.

mcbaumannerb said:
Did it come with a decoder ring? ;)

Hehe! I wish. ;)
The bad thing is the English directions might as well be the same as the Chinese. I'm glad there's many threads about these things on here so it will be easy to get this thing wired up. I just got a nice surprise too. I see most people buying these in Celsius because that's what's mostly available and cheap. When I ordered this thing, it was pictured and listed as being in Celsius. Upon closer inspection I see that it is actually programmed for Fahrenheit. Nice surprise.

image-3128078269.jpg
Note the F where there's usually a C.

Damn! I have limited experience with fruit beers, but this is awesome from New Glarus.

NG strawberry.jpg

Hehe! I wish. ;)
The bad thing is the English directions might as well be the same as the Chinese. I'm glad there's many threads about these things on here so it will be easy to get this thing wired up. I just got a nice surprise too. I see most people buying these in Celsius because that's what's mostly available and cheap. When I ordered this thing, it was pictured and listed as being in Celsius. Upon closer inspection I see that it is actually programmed for Fahrenheit. Nice surprise.

I'd make sure it's actually calibrated in F. It could be an instance of Chinese company having a left over case and slapping their usual electronics in it. Quality control isn't really a thing on these parts.

I'd make sure it's actually calibrated in F. It could be an instance of Chinese company having a left over case and slapping their usual electronics in it. Quality control isn't really a thing on these parts.

That's what I was thinking, but I also thought it would be more fun to let him figure that out the hard way. :D

Now post a sexy Allagash pic so I can pop another pill and go to bed.

I'm enjoying my newly kegged English Mild. It is just that, very mild. Nothing harsh or too sweet or too hoppy or too carbed. Just a very easy drinker I must say.

That's what I was thinking, but I also thought it would be more fun to let him figure that out the hard way. :D

Now post a sexy Allagash pic so I can pop another pill and go to bed.

Phone battery too dead. I got one on the camera though. Go to bed, I'll post it tomorrow

Hehe! I wish. ;)

Its cheaper to make a conversion table :ban:

ForumRunner_20130819_204238.png

Channel66 said:

No QC? China? Nahhhh....;)
Of course I'll double check, but if it is calibrated for F instead of C that will be sweet. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if its not.

image-2126029732.jpg

Interesting. Light and refreshing with a firm noble hop bitterness and obvious honey presence.

Supposed to be a Civil War era brew, but not sure where the recipe comes from. Can't really find any info on it.

Little Sumpin Wild at the hotel. The aroma hit me in the face as soon as I popped it open. Kind of hard to pin down the flavors. Interesting, but I probably couldn't drink more than one of these in a sitting.

image-2694861817.jpg

Found some Timber Beast, had to try it based on everyone's recommendations on this thread. It's great, some pine and orange/citrus, spicy rye, enough malt to back it up. Very nice

image-2186426406.jpg

Having another Horny Toad while relaxing, after getting the kids in bed. Also watching some old Michael Jackson Beer Hunter videos, and missing my time overseas. I've got to plan a vacation to Bavaria soon...

Evil twin clone. Very good beer. Wish I had the real thing to try next to it. I changed a few things. Buttered with magnum for one.

image.jpg

Back