What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I see another deer/raccoon/fox/cougar/bear take a **** on my front lawn, I'm pulling out the .45 ACP.
image-3816035216.jpg

Home brew hefeweizen. Holy cloves. Smacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image-3076110261.jpg

Channel66 said:
That's why I bottle from a beer gun 90% of the time unless the style calls for yeast in the glass or bottle. I got tired of sediment real fast.

I tend to use yeast that flocculates well. Wlp 072 will stay on the bottom of the bottle anything short of swirling the last pour.

image-322542593.jpg

Cascade saison. Only bottled a week, but think of brewing another one and wanted to see how cascade works with the yeast. Waste of a beer, all I can taste is 'green'. Smells green too. Oh well, I'll hafta wait. Might brew a rhubarb saison instead possibly with *gasp* honey!

Mixed results. Only criticism for one of them (hoppy rye) was "great aroma but tastes more like an old ale than an IPA" and scored well over mid table.

Other one, right down near the bottom with "strong acetaldehyde" which I never even noticed!

Now watching the bayern/man city match with a Krusovice.

Right-on. Dude, if you ever need anymore NEBCO, I'd be happy to get some for you and ship. Such a small brewery, but they make some good friggin' beer. The owner is also awesome. Their "bar" stinks, though. I don't know if I can even call it a bar. It's part of the factory ha ha. It's so no-frills it's not even funny. It's great that its 12-15 min local drive from my house. I love it.

Ha ha! Nice rides, though. I'll take a 6-speed over the SMG (which I've driven as well) any day. E30 M3 > all.

do they sell cans there, or only growler fills?

Sorry one more time IPA day. Stopped at the hidden Legends meads wow wow wow. I can't believe I have never stopped in here before.

Super friendly people took me right in the back and showed me around. Small batches going in carboys and everything.

ForumRunner_20130801_142601.png

ForumRunner_20130801_142625.png

ForumRunner_20130801_142645.png

ForumRunner_20130801_142714.png

ForumRunner_20130801_142738.png

MrNickVT said:
Ahhh my first Berliner Weiss. I love it. Mr alien from tired hands. Also out of my new alchemist glass :) :)

Awesome. I need that glass!

Feeling sick today + deciding to limit drinking to the weekend for a bit = no drinking IPA for IPA day. :(
Drinking iced tea and watching a movie.

Ahhh my first Berliner Weiss. I love it. Mr alien from tired hands. Also out of my new alchemist glass :) :)

Now can you understand my confusion yesterday?

Getting P-U-M-P pumped to bottle 10 gallons of berliner. No really. :D

Thinking it's time for Mr Alien or Ever Weisse, but I should probably save those to share with my wife. Guess I'll throw some HB berliner from last batch in the fridge right quick.

Probably filling some HF and TH growlers with peach and wild blackberry berliner if anyone who happens to live near those breweries would like to get some fruit sours in the mail. :D:D:D

do they sell cans there, or only growler fills?

They don't sell out of the brewery - except for growlers (fills or buying new).

The owner told me the only time they sell stuff out of there is when they produce too many beers to distribute - whatever that means.

TNGabe said:

Thinking it's time for Mr Alien or Ever Weisse, but I should probably save those to share with my wife. Guess I'll throw some HB berliner from last batch in the fridge right quick.

Probably filling some HF and TH growlers with peach and wild blackberry berliner if anyone who happens to live near those breweries would like to get some fruit sours in the mail. :D:D:D

I totally understand now :) hey I live close to HF

MrNickVT said:
I can do that ;) are you the one who collects growlers too?

I'm not the one of which you speak, but I do like growlers. I wish the breweries down here were lawfully able to fill growlers. We have some bars and growler fill places that do.
I'll PM you.

Cris's (FuzzyMittens) sour mash chocolate something or other?

image-1252456814.jpg

I'll admit, I'd been avoiding this. It sounds absolutely terrible. It's very fruity. Smells mostly oud bruinish, but with some subtle roast. Taste reminds me of apple/cranberry juice, but then there is the roast on the end, which surprisingly mostly works. Bit of a gusher, it was a gentle pour, but it was making a break for it when opened. Reminds me off NG serendipity, but without the sweetness.

Really interesting what the cocoa powder (if I recall correctly) did to a sour mash. Try a plain Berliner sometime, I think the sour mash went quite well.

That wild blackberry berliner sounds incredible! ;) If only I wasn't leaving for vacation in 33 hours! (Can I get a rain check for the following week?! :D )

Back