What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridire said:
Dragonmead Under the Kilt Wee Heavy while I get ready to start chilling the screwed up IPA I've got in the BK.

Is that what you're naming it, or did you actually screw it up? Or both?

WesleyS said:
Is that what you're naming it, or did you actually screw it up? Or both?

I'll repost this picture from the "who's brewing thread". I think I'll name it "Pound on the Floor Ale" for the pound of grain lost to the garage floor.

EDIT: crossing my fingers as it chills that my OG is not ridiculously low.

image-3772565066.jpg

Comparing 1 week gravity samples of my saison split. Ommegang house yeast vs 3711. 3711 dropped lower and much clearer and has more character to it (silky mouthfeel, a little spicy). I tried the Ommegang first and thought it was decent, but it tastes kind of bland after trying the 3711 side.

image-289908811.jpg

image-750734541.jpg

Ridire said:
I'll repost this picture from the "who's brewing thread". I think I'll name it "Pound on the Floor Ale" for the pound of grain lost to the garage floor.

EDIT: crossing my fingers as it chills that my OG is not ridiculously low.

Oh, ok. I saw your post there, but didn't put two and two together.
I won't repeat that rdw.... phrase I dislike. ;)
You'll be fine, don't sweat it.

Having a summer party today serving up my Ruination clone, Nelson Sauvin Pale Ale, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and my buddy just texted me he picked up a case of fresh Gumballhead from 3Fs! Gonna be a good day! It was supposed to be a pool party but crazy Chicago weather, it's 68, but great outside drinking weather!

WesleyS said:
Oh, ok. I saw your post there, but didn't put two and two together.
I won't repeat that rdw.... phrase I dislike. ;)
You'll be fine, don't sweat it.

Came in at OG of 1.060. I can certainly live with that. Was hoping for 1.065 but all things considered, I'll take it.

Sampling the Bajan rum punch I threw together for my fiance and her friends for when they get back. Stuff is delicious and packs a sneaky punch. 1 bottle of rum for the following recipe:

1 of sour (lime juice)
2 of sweet (simple syrup)
3 of strong (rum)
4 of weak (water)

Started the day with this. Going to be tough to beat.

Thanks again Clint!

Those are my favorite when they are fresh they are so good. They release them in the spring though so I had to stock up while I could.. so that's a few months old.

Those are my favorite when they are fresh they are so good. They release them in the spring though so I had to stock up while I could.. so that's a few months old.

It's still quite good, the hop flavor does trail off some but it's still an impressive brew.

Channel66 said:
Babysitting with keys? Haha.

There's nothing fun about M-Mode and 8 miles per gallon. Trust me.

About to have a bud light lime. ****.

There's nothing fun about M-Mode and 8 miles per gallon. Trust me.

About to have a bud light lime. ****.

No but there is tons of fun with everything turned off and the s85 v10 pulling 500hp. I get about 8 mpg with my 350 camaro, but I can't go around corners. If you can dump near six figures on a car you can afford 8mpg.

Ps I'm a bimer fanboy.

Leftovers of my barleywine, based on Bigfoot recipe, aged on Bajan rum-soaked oak cubes. Had a heck of a time racking it to the bottling bucket, hope it didn't get too oxidized in the process. It's delicious now tho, we'll see how it holds up.

image-1688395292.jpg

Side Project Blueberry Flanders.. Can't wait til this guy starts bottling here. Holy crap it's amazing. Pucker factor is there and the flavors are coming through beautifully.

image-2244410636.jpg

xMalachi said:
Side Project Blueberry Flanders.. Can't wait til this guy starts bottling here. Holy crap it's amazing. Pucker factor is there and the flavors are coming through beautifully.

Even on my scratched up phone, that looks pretty nice.

Had a few Sam Summers and a few Jack and Cokes last night at a wedding. Starting things today with a Two Hearted. These are two pictures of the same pour, but I wanted the group's opinion on which picture y'all like better.

20130727_145000a.jpg

20130727_145000.jpg

Galaxy hopped beer fermented with white labs Bastogne and Orval dregs. I told him not to keg it, he's told me in cut off after 12, but I think this is just 4.

image-2363323391.jpg

Channel66 said:
No but there is tons of fun with everything turned off and the s85 v10 pulling 500hp. I get about 8 mpg with my 350 camaro, but I can't go around corners. If you can dump near six figures on a car you can afford 8mpg.

Ps I'm a bimer fanboy.

Correct. I bet your Camaro doesn't have auto-fill bolsters when you take a turn at 110mph. It's such a fun car. And sounds so badass.

Meh.
image-764518556.jpg

Channel66 said:

Ps I'm a bimer fanboy.

You drive a camaro? And Clint was worried about my mullet?

Just tried a sample of the my Blonde. Did 10 gal batch and split into 2 fermenters. One with 1272 and the other with 1098. Only been kegged for a few days, but pretty good even though it's green. Will let it sit for another week and try again.

Latest posts

Back