What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope but we can arrange something if your down. Maybe wait till the Midnight Wheat sour is ready since I was gonna send that your way anyway.

Sounds good, we'll figure something out. I pretty much live at their brewery lately. Hopefully to be there much more often soon.

In the meantime having a crown royal maple and fresh lemonade. Swmbo is too good to me.

Schlenkerla Rauchbier
Its pretty tasty

ForumRunner_20130726_213021.jpg

Holy sh!te! I had a lot of catching up to do over the last couple days!
I met up with an old friend (who also is an old bandmate) who is on leave from Tampa. Went to Primanti Brothers for dinner and had a 60 Minute with dinner. The whole evening was a blast!
Tonight was our impromptu company picnic at one of my coworker's house. It was a surprisingly good time considering the only thing to drink was sweet tea, water, and coffee. No beer tonight. Perhaps brewing tomorrow, but definitely going to mix up some Caramel Apple Cider at a minimum.

tyzippers said:
I met up with an old friend (who also is an old bandmate) who is on leave from Tampa. Went to Primanti Brothers for dinner and had a 60 Minute with dinner. The whole evening was a blast!
Tonight was our impromptu company picnic at one of my coworker's house. It was a surprisingly good time considering the only thing to drink was sweet tea, water, and coffee. No beer tonight. Perhaps brewing tomorrow, but definitely going to mix up some Caramel Apple Cider at a minimum.

Definitely mix up some Caramel Apple Hard Cider. It's good stuff!

WesleyS said:
Definitely mix up some Caramel Apple Hard Cider. It's good stuff!

Absolutely! I got 5.5 gallons of all natural pasteurized apple juice sitting in my dining room. It's been killing my 6 year old cuz she LOVES apple juice. She was quite bummed to hear it was going to be "ruined" by turning it into a mommy and daddy drink! So now I'm going back to the store to pick up another gallon for normal family consumption tomorrow!

tyzippers said:

On leave from Tampa? Tell him to hurry home and buy as much Marshall Zhukov as he can. It is released next Friday, Tampa will be flooded with it, my local liquor is only getting 1 case.

allenH said:
On leave from Tampa? Tell him to hurry home and buy as much Marshall Zhukov as he can. It is released next Friday, Tampa will be flooded with it, my local liquor is only getting 1 case.

He's heading back on Sunday. If I can swing it, I'll wire him some money to do that! We're also going to try to save up and visit him over the winter and maybe hit up Disney land. I told my wife that CCB is a must stop destination as well! How close are you to Tampa Allen?

tyzippers said:
He's heading back on Sunday. If I can swing it, I'll wire him some money to do that! We're also going to try to save up and visit him over the winter and maybe hit up Disney land. I told my wife that CCB is a must stop destination as well! How close are you to Tampa Allen?

I'm about 2 hours away. Man, they have some super-crazy brewery only beers that he could be shipping you in growlers. I would have him ship me some!! They have "growler Tuesday", on average it lasts about 40 minutes. Every Tuesday, they put a keg of "brewery only" beer up for growler fills

Finishing a Mr Pineapple (local brewerie's pineapple hefe) to chase down a Sailor Jerry and Coke while trying to figure out the hops and hop schedule for the rye saison I'm brewing this weekend.

allenH said:
I'm about 2 hours away. Man, they have some super-crazy brewery only beers that he could be shipping you in growlers. I would have him ship me some!! They have "growler Tuesday", on average it lasts about 40 minutes. Every Tuesday, they put a keg of "brewery only" beer up for growler fills

I wish he were more into good beer. I think I'd have a hard time to convince him to do that. He's a shock top junkie.

Edit: I was going to see if we could meet up if I made my way down, but 2 hours is a hefty drive!

How is that?

It's decent. Not the worst I've had, but not the best either. Mouth feel is a little heavy for my taste. And it's a burner too, but its almost 120 proof. Nice and fruity, but I get such a strong maple syrup flavor/aroma that most other stuff gets drowned out. It's almost too much to have neat (or in my case, a tiny splash of hot water) and could use an ice cube or two.

I've been using it for Hot Scotchy's :mug:

It's decent. Not the worst I've had, but not the best either. Mouth feel is a little heavy for my taste. And it's a burner too, but its almost 120 proof. Nice and fruity, but I get such a strong maple syrup flavor/aroma that most other stuff gets drowned out. It's almost too much to have neat (or in my case, a tiny splash of hot water) and could use an ice cube or two.

I need to stop slacking and get some good stuff for Hot Scotchys

Cool man. If I pick some up. Ill definitely add some water to cut it a little to bring out flavors and aromas. Ive seen it and pondering to pick some up. Also noahs mills bourbon is in my cross hairs...

Back