What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-3189631922.jpg

Here is to making Thursdays suck, cheers!

WesleyS said:
Just received my haul from my parents.

Drinking some of the Crown Maple now.

Let me know if you want to part with one of those wild sours. :) I've been interested in some of that TX beer you guys get down there too.

DisturbdChemist said:
I just had saint arnold icon green. Nothing to write home about. The other one I have new belgium lips of faith triple I excited to try.

Having some 1835 bourbon.

The Icon Green was "interesting". Not as good as the Blue in my opinion. I've been keeping an eye out for something I want from Premium Draught, but they haven't had anything recently that I've wanted. So my poor growler has spent some empty time recently.

New Belgium Rampant Imperial IPA. Celebrating 1 year cancer free. They told me "no alcohol today" after my scoping this AM, but what's a beer or two.

xMalachi said:
Let me know if you want to part with one of those wild sours. :) I've been interested in some of that TX beer you guys get down there too.

I'm a little tapped out right now for trades, but maybe later this year I will be in the position to set something up.

Apparently my glass needed a better cleaning, but this is my 11.25% IIPA with Columbus, Amarillo, Simcoe, and Citra. 6ozs of late additions and an ounce of each dry hop. I can smell this across the room.

ForumRunner_20130724_192114.jpg

Really digging the Mosaic hops. It's my first experience with them and I must say they're quite good. I'm not getting much of the fruity/citrus character I've heard about, mostly dankishness, but I imagine in a malty base style like red those notes can get lost. I'll have to try these hops out in a SMaSH sometime.

20130724_212700.jpg

Really digging the Mosaic hops. It's my first experience with them and I must say they're quite good. I'm not getting much of the fruity/citrus character I've heard about, mostly dankishness, but I imagine in a malty base style like red those notes can get lost. I'll have to try these hops out in a SMaSH sometime.

My experience with them is all dank too if it makes you feel any better. I just bought some more for a SMaSh actually

Clints saison 2. Foamed over when I opened it, but settled down fast. Pours a nice golden/hay color with a nice lasting white head, I'm not getting any lacing but it could be the way my glass was washed. The aroma it's slightly spicy, and yeasty, not overly strong, the flavor is, good, only slightly spicy, it's missing something in the middle, it kind of dies out before you swallow it, finishing with a slight citrus and yeast flavor. The mouthfeel is a little thicker than I expected, but not bad, certainly not out of style. Overall, a good saison just wish there was... more of that yeast character that I look for in a saison. Good job Clint I'd buy this beer.

20130724_173635_HDR_Hagrid_Sophia.jpg

I love it. Honest feedback is hard to come by! Thanks man!! :mug:

Clints bgsa w/honey. Pours a nice golden color, with thin lasting white head. The nose is yeasty and otherwise subtle. It has a full body with a nice carbonation bite, the flavor is very tasty, it's yeast up front with a touch of sweetness and subtle hot alcohol and more yeast to finish. The ninja is in this picture because this beer is sneaky, I could kill a sixer of this before I realized I was drunk. Overall fricken awesome beer Clint., and I'm not big on honey. But I am big on Belgian strongs, both dark and golden, this could hold its own with most commercial examples I've had.

2013-07-24_21-10-56_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

I'm really glad you liked it the aftertaste with the honey didnt do it for me I don't like that beer much myself. But it did win first place and won me a corny keg at the local home brew comp! Thanks for the reviews man!

New Belgium Rampant Imperial IPA. Celebrating 1 year cancer free. They told me "no alcohol today" after my scoping this AM, but what's a beer or two.

Congratulations too. My grand parents bear cancer and I need to watch it. Sadly cancer came back in my grandpa which he has been in the hospital over a month right now.

Wes. They didnt have anything special but good selection. Talked to the guy and he said he gets screwed on some releases because he doesnt sell bud light. They give the special (like founders) to the places that sell more inbev than none. Also like the divine series. F-n silver eagle (also they have firestone too...)

chef273b said:

Congratulations. In this context I don't think beer count...

BrewinHooligan said:
Apparently my glass needed a better cleaning, but this is my 11.25% IIPA with Columbus, Amarillo, Simcoe, and Citra. 6ozs of late additions and an ounce of each dry hop. I can smell this across the room.

Wow. I would annihilate that!

Remmy said:
Wow. I would annihilate that!

I've been brewing an IIPA similar to that for a few years. Still trying to get it right. Instead of Columbus, I use Warrior and only about an ounce at 60. The rest goes in at the end. Mostly Amarillo. I got all the ingredients, just need to find time to brew it!

I've been brewing an IIPA similar to that for a few years. Still trying to get it right. Instead of Columbus, I use Warrior and only about an ounce at 60. The rest goes in at the end. Mostly Amarillo. I got all the ingredients, just need to find time to brew it!

I used 2.25oz of Columbus as a FWH, then an ounce each Amarillo, Simcoe, and Citra at 10 and 5 minutes. Grain bill is mostly 2 row with some munich, crystal 60 and Carapills. I toss 2lbs of sugar in at 15 minutes so the beer dries out enough. There is no way to keep enough of this on hand but it will mess you up if you aren't careful.

Wow. A nice subtle vanilla n oak from the barrel, but not over done at all. The rye barely comes through, but balances nicely. Too bad it was $10 for the bomber. May end up getting another.

P.S. SWMBO told me I could have the one with more head. :mug:

image-1865842899.jpg

Gravity sample of my hoppy saison fermented with WLP568. Way spicier/funkier than any commercial saison I have had but I haven't had many. 1.060 to 1.006 on a partial mash batch. I think I will be washing and reusing this yeast cause it is tasty.

ForumRunner_20130724_204425.png

MrNic said:
Last Maximus and my nightcap. I have a long festival weekend ahead. Night!

So if Maximus is in your top 3 IPA, and I know Pakos is in there, what's the third?

Pretty unremarkable night in terms of beer, but at least they were all on the company dime. Bar hopping with work people, a couple Live Oak Big Bark Ambers, a couple Blue Moons, and one Green Flash Hop Head Red (highlight).

Back