What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little but of my RYEding the Storm Out.

image-2925063288.jpg

With dinner.

image-2087323749.jpg

xMalachi said:
Heyyyy, I'm pretty sure I have those same plates! That looks delicious. I'm about to pop some mexican pizza in the oven.

Thanks, I call it leftover pasta. I usually make it with leftover noodles and whatever produce we have on hand. Tonight was three different kinds of noodles, fresh basil and almond pesto I whipped together, tomato, yellow and green onion, artichoke hearts, capers, and olives with grilled lemon chicken. Topped with cheddar and Parmesan. Delicious!
We have those plates in purple, blue, yellow and green. We found them cheap so we just mixed and matched.

And to stay on topic, still drinking my RYEding the Storm Out.

Thanks, I call it leftover pasta. I usually make it with leftover noodles and whatever produce we have on hand. Tonight was three different kinds of noodles, fresh basil and almond pesto I whipped together, tomato, yellow and green onion, artichoke hearts, capers, and olives with grilled lemon chicken. Topped with cheddar and Parmesan. Delicious!
We have those plates in purple, blue, yellow and green. We found them cheap so we just mixed and matched.

And to stay on topic, still drinking my RYEding the Storm Out.

We gotta talk about some cooking recipes. I want to become a chef and will be going to school for that soon. And you are posting pics of delicious meals. Still drinking some Central Waters Brewhouse Coffee Stout. Really good stuff.

2007 bottle. Love when I find them pre-aged. Im probably the first to buy this on the shelf since then(lots of dust), there was almost a dozen still on the shelf. Will be going back for the classic one. Not bad,better than I thought.

samichlaus.jpg

I shoot with a Nikon D3100. That shot was taken with an 18-55 mm kit lens, but I also have a 55-200 mm kit lens and a 50 mm prime manual focus lens.

Nice! I shoot with an iPhone4 with a fingerprinted lens. I find that lens is very practical...it can also do spaghetti-o smudge, finger-over-lense, and my personal favorite, glare-on-everything! :-D

All joking aside, that's a nice looking photo. I always have a hard time finding a place to take a pic where there isn't some mess of random toys from my daughter or a sleeping swmbo on a couch looking pathetic. Or a table cloth with claw holes from any one of three retarded felines.

Drinking: second pour from my HB Milk Chocolate Stout.:tank:

Swarley88 said:
We gotta talk about some cooking recipes. I want to become a chef and will be going to school for that soon. And you are posting pics of delicious meals. Still drinking some Central Waters Brewhouse Coffee Stout. Really good stuff.

I always wanted to be a chef. I've loved to cook for a long time. I used to create and cook meals for my parents as a young kid, I never liked going by other people's recipes. My parents were going to look into sending me to culinary school when I still lived at home with them after I finished school, but I never ended up going. Oh well, I enjoy cooking, and I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much if it was my job. I'll share recipes to whatever I post if you ask. One warning though, alot of times I cook to taste, not always by strict measurements.

One warning though, alot of times I cook to taste, not always by strict measurements.

That's the best way to cook IMO.

Packing a trade and drinking my saison 2. It is going to be a full box!

Can't wait!

I hope the Tired hands growler makes it carbonated and ready to drink! Magick Man filled it so it should be good :)

FedEx said that it will arrive on Friday!

Also, I am enjoying some sweet baby jesus. ****ing awesome peanut butter Porter by Duclaw

Very nice! All too often I get beers of this style that are way overbearing on the "summer" character and it drowns everything else out. This one is extremely well balanced and just the softest hint of orange makes this an excellent summer beer.

20130722_210900.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Very nice! All too often I get beers of this style that are way overbearing on the "summer" character and it drowns everything else out. This one is extremely well balanced and just the softest hint of orange makes this an excellent summer beer.

I had one of those last year that I picked out for a mix six while I was in Chicago. I enjoyed it quite a bit as well. I have yet to be disappointed with Bells.

NIZZLE said:
Yum yum yum Crown Royal maple with a splash of fresh squeezed lemonade foooking awesome :)

Nice. I can't wait to try that stuff. It went on sale where my parents live for $10 less than I can get it here, so my dad picked us both up a bottle and he's going to bring mine down with him in a week or so when he comes to visit.
Yes, I'm a cheap @$$. ;)

Nice. I can't wait to try that stuff. It went on sale where my parents live for $10 less than I can get it here, so my dad picked us both up a bottle and he's going to bring mine down with him in a week or so when he comes to visit.
Yes, I'm a cheap @$$. ;)

You will love it and P.S nothing wrong with being a cheap a ss

A small glass of my centennial/cascade apa.

I have a "small" glass like that I use for Skeeter Pee :D Now having carb test of my saison. Carbed OK for only being three days, and tastes awesome. I'm so glad I harvested the yeast because I can't get it here. I loooove a funky beer and glad I finally made one.

ForumRunner_20130722_215847.jpg

I have a "small" glass like that I use for Skeeter Pee :D Now having carb test of my saison. Carbed OK for only being three days, and tastes awesome. I'm so glad I harvested the yeast because I can't get it here. I loooove a funky beer and glad I finally made one.

View attachment 136805

3726 should be out Oct-Dec this year. I'm going to get an extra pack or two.

Did you send me that homebrew in the NB bottle with the green cap? It had some big bubbles in the bottle headspace that never went away after shipping and some crazy head when I poured it. Was that 3711?

NIZZLE said:
You will love it and P.S nothing wrong with being a cheap a ss

Alcohol purchases add up fast so I atleast try to limit myself a bit. I always like to tell my wife when something's a good deal, because it usually ends with her suggesting that I buy it.
Manipulation? Maybe. Smart? Definitely! :D
Me: "Hey, honey. That crown maple I've been wanting to try is $10 cheaper in Chicago."
Her: "You should probably have your parents pick you up some."
It's just a shame Westy 12 wasn't released here during their special release last year.
Here was that conversation.
Me: "Can you believe people are willing to pay over $80 dollars for a six pack of this beer with a glass? Of course, it is a special one time US release."
Her: "Well, I can understand paying that amount for a special one time release like that."
Me: jaw open wondering where the nearest release was going to be.

3726 should be out Oct-Dec this year. I'm going to get an extra pack or two.

Did you send me that homebrew in the NB bottle with the green cap? It had some big bubbles in the bottle headspace that never went away after shipping and some crazy head when I poured it. Was that 3711?

No that was WLP400 Belgian Wit. Since you thought it was 3711 does that mean you hated it? Lol

That's a nice spot for a picture

My brickhouse ipa ... so good. But its almost gone... time to bottle and brew again .. where is mcbaumanerb tonight? I keep waiting for a post about my chocolate vanilla sour cherry ale .. mad gone mad. :mug:

Back